What's new

Input Error Debate is Offically OVER

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
I dont understand why the input glitch havent been fixed yet. The only conclusion i can come up with is that they cannot fix it. since inj1 this has been a major problem and its still in the game so i dont think there capable of fixing this problem if they could then they would have fixed it already ages ago. Maybe NRS isnt designed for making games without a block button

Last edited:
Doesn't input short cuts just mean you can get a :d:l special to come out on :d:qtl without having to enter :l.

This is the only change I see when turning it on and off.
With it on if will also allow you to use held directions in a special input. For example, instead of having to do df1 in quick succession, you can instead hold down for as long as you want to and then press f1 and you will get df1.

Before I even watch video I want to comment this. I know it's bad because so many times I'll block a string/special using captain cold and go for f23 and I'll get up ice sicle (df2) and it'll completely screw me. One time I went to punish a highly negative string and instead of getting my f23 I got up ice cicle and I ended up getting punished....

But I never noticed how bad it truly was till I was using Firestorm. I was walking back stopped for a second to mb f3 against my opponent who was trying to rush me down. Like 3 times in a row trying that I got his bf3

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
So many accidental scoops. All I wanna do is B123 xx hentai monster mb into a sweet ass combo and I get the jank ass scoop that shouldn't even be in the game seeing as it does fuck all anyways. I was actually doing it on a Firestorm player, the punishing combo would have killed, I was so baffled to see the scoop that I got killed by the wakeup charge move and my brain went to some real dark places. I thought prostitution was illegal on the US, but I'm pretty sure I payed WB $60 to get fucked.

Every time you see Aquaman do a scoop, a crouching Batman randomly doing the trait bat swarm, or a Doctor Fate do healing spell in response to an unsafe move, it's not because they suddenly became retarded, they just thought the game would give them the input the wanted.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I don't know if it's connected but Dizzy put a goblet saying this game has a 3 frame input buffer from blockstun, so imeonder is any action inside that window overrides into the closet special hmmm

But yet everybody should complain about this

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
@Tom Brady

I agree about buffer windows being way too big. Input shortcuts also make it so that you can get a special from :d:qtl as opposed to having to hit :d:l. If you turn off input shortcuts :d:qtl will not get you a special move.

The buffer window causes accidental back dashes as well. On wake up inputs store for way too long. Simply switching from low to high block while waking up can get me a wake up back dash. It's really annoying. There's no reason I should be getting a back dash from inputting :l:qtl:l.

I wish I knew how to just put the directions. Didn't there used to be a tab here on tym that let you select direction images?

Edited my post because input shortcuts do also store down inputs.

Last edited:

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I wish I knew how to just put the directions. Didn't there used to be a tab here on tym that let you select direction images?
Yea scoot, it's the black and white emoticon symbol :) between indent and picture.
Gives you all the :l:qtl:d:qtr:r:u:fp:ex you need my man. Although I just noticed there is no jump forward or backward, which would be helpful if people still used these much.

Also, great vids Tom. This really needs to be addressed.

Scoot Magee

Yea scoot, it's the black and white emoticon symbol :) between indent and picture.
Gives you all the :l:qtl:d:qtr:r:u:fp:ex you need my man. Although I just noticed there is no jump forward or backward, which would be helpful if people still used these much.

Also, great vids Tom. This really needs to be addressed.
Thank you.

Buffer windows in general need to be reduced. Accidental back dashes and other inputs are way too common. It really needs to be tightened up or at least there should be an option to require faster inputs.

I'm not a fan of :l:qtl:d:qtr:r inputs at all. I deal with them in alt controls to not have to deal with the accidental specials constantly coming out. There should be an option to keep the normal :l:r input, just keep it at a small buffer window.

This is just regarding the first video.

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

Actually double correction. Even with import shortcuts on I cannot hold down and go into a special move. I have to return to neutral and start the motion again. This should not be required in alternate controls.

Scoot Magee

Just to emphasize how bad the buffer window on back dashes is.

Look how long I'm holding back for. I simply nudge the joystick to the corner to block low then block high and I get a back dash. This is even after holding back for a good two steps.

As @TakeAChance mentioned it happens on wake up way too often as well. When deciding which direction to block the game buffers the inputs and gives us a wake up dash. This is really bad because it leads to big punishes especially when in the corner.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I wouldn't be nearly as frustrated by things like this or the crazy gear ui if I didn't think the game was quite good.

It's like really craving some food, getting it and it being exactly what you wanted, only to find a pubic hair in it. Yeah, you can suck it up, take out the hair and keep eating, but the euphoria is gone.

Rabid Justice

Your Soul Is Mine
Look how long I'm holding back for. I simply nudge the joystick to the corner to block low then block high and I get a back dash. This is even after holding back for a good two steps.

As @TakeAChance mentioned it happens on wake up way too often as well. When deciding which direction to block the game buffers the inputs and gives us a wake up dash. This is really bad because it leads to big punishes especially when in the corner.

You have to tap :d or :qtl then :l., this will disable the inputs for dashing dashing.
But if you go back to neutral it resets and you have to do it again. It's the same for forward dashes

Scoot Magee

You have to tap :d or :qtl then :l., this will disable the inputs for dashing dashing.
But if you go back to neutral it resets and you have to do it again. It's the same for forward dashes
But if you look at the inputs in the video im hitting :l:qtl:l and getting a back dash. I'm actually holding :l for a second then doing :qtl:l.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I don't understand why this problem has such low priority to be fixed, it's only gotten worse with each game.

Even the NRS guys on the watchtower have had it happen to them a bunch during gameplay, so they can't be unaware of it.

What ever the reason, I wish they would at least acknowledge it.