What's new

Input Error Debate is Offically OVER

SoV N3RO

G.O.A.T Robin
Probably grasping at straws, but would this same concept somehow relate to this option select video by Raptor; how you could either continue a string or get a safe special os depending on the hit and/or block stun? Since he's not doing it as (for example) DB1 but 1DB. Is this similar concept or am I just an idiot?

Source to what I'm talking about:

Reactions: GAV

Ride the Sand Worm

Atrocitus, Green Arrow, Brainiac, Black Manta
In regards top the first video: While you are absolutely right that this is a problem you misunderstand why people recommend turning on alternate controls. It has nothing to do with it taking a little longer for special moves to come out. Its because you can choose not to hit the diagonal input and then the special wont come out even if the down is stored. It still isn't fixing the problem and even if it did, you shouldn't be forced to play with alternate controls if you don't want to.

Second video is a bigger issue, I had noticed issues in my own play during reversals but just assumed I did it wrong.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
As far as the NRS community is concerned, I believe there's a universal agreement that this IS a problem and I haven't seen anyone deny it exists. Not sure about actual NRS employees, I actually haven't seen/heard them even comment on it yet.

Also, I actually didn't even know incontrovertible was a word... had to look it up. Lmao.

Anyways, great vids, hopefully NRS is pying attention.

AssassiN

Noob
Liu Kang in MK X had this issue as well with B12~DB2. If done too fast it would do B1~DB2, you had to wait a bit with the DB input for it to come out correctly. Didn't matter if negative edge was on or off(I always play with it off).

Seems the problem is a lot more universal and bigger in Injustice 2, certainly with the buffer window to be too big. Hope this is something they can fix fast.

2011 we had issues with mk9 inputs.
2017 and we still have inputs issues, this time inj2.

Wtf is the Problem?
I was looking forward for this game but now im sick and tired of this shit.
They care about guilds, gear and a lot of other shit, but such a fundamental thing like input system is broken?

Smdh

This is embarrassing, why would NRS do such a thing? Tom, thank you and POTH for taking the time to address this issue. I hope this address this publicly and we can get a fighting game that can give you the damn inputs you want when done correctly. I do not know why this is a problem is a AAA fighting game. SAD!

EDIT: Funny thing most of TYMers that commented currently, show characters banner,(Fate,Darkseid,Atrocitus) that have worst problem with this input issue.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I've heard from maybe 100 top players privately that this happens to them constantly and is cancerous

All of you are about to get tagged unless you speak up. This needs to be fixed, I warned in beta that it's worse in this game than injustice 1 and it remains worse.

PLZ FIX THIS NAGGING F ING ISSUE PLZ PLZZZZZZ

DeftMonk

Noob
Video 2 kinda explains why with superman I never get air grab in the neutral after ducking a high and f2 but quite often after blocking a low (specifically batman's slide) and going for f2,3 I get air grab

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I agree. I main Atrocitus, cheetah WW as well as play around with woke cast.

The inputs mechanics or buffers are ridiculous. I'm doing f223 delay db1 amd ending up with db3 when it should be f22,db1.

It trips up moves and combos and slows the pace and conditioning of your opponent.

It needs a fix pronto. How can you practice or play when the game dictates what moves come out and when?

They need to acknowledge this at the very least.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
This is great evidence and I hope the problem gets fixed but I also just have to say I love the title of the thread because I hear it in my head with the 'The character is GARBAGE' cadence.

Reactions: GAV
IMO, while both vids raise an issue, vid 2 REALLY raises an issue.

The inability to consistently counter poke or punish with D1~special in a tight window while still in reversal frames is a big problem. Basically, there is a system in place that allows you to get out a reversal if the command you input is "close enough". This can cause your normal~special to have the normal completely get overlapped by a special as a reversal because, while the command you input was not even a special move command, it was "close enough" to one.

Think about the times you went to counter poke/punish and think "it feels like reversal special overrides my normal".

Last edited: