What's new

Injustice Post Evo Question: Numbers after Evo

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Guile's sonic boom comes out frame 2 of activation, and recovers on frame 6 after activation. It has varying speeds that can be used to zone of follow for protection during rushdown. His normals for anti-air are incredible, so jumping over it gets you punished. It is not duckable.

Superman's zap hitbox is active 38 frames after activation, and recovers 6 frames after.
THIRTY 8 FUCKING FRAMES. If hit during the flight of the laser, the laser no longer exists. It can be ducked.

Superman's vision starts on frame 25 and recovers between 11 to 20 frames after on block, 46 on whiff. If hit at anytime the laser no longer exists. It is blockable both ducking and standing. MB causes a 2nd hit which is overhead.

They're not even close to comparable tools.

Block ducking. If you see the laser touch your crouching body, stand and block. Dash after a whiff or blocked laser. Do this twice and you're now in range to interrupt a 3rd laser if they're bad, or to stop his lasers completely if he's good. Because pushback on block with projectiles is rare in this game, esp without meter, this plan works against most zoners. It works ESP well on superman.

Done. That's it. There's the secret.
The problem is that once you get in on his zoning. You deal with the monster that is Superman up close with f23. To truly beat or comepete with Superman IMO you have to be able to keep him away while also not cornering yourself which is damn near impossible. Black Adam, WW, Aquaman, and Batman i think are the only ones truly capable of doing so.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The problem is that once you get in on his zoning. You deal with the monster that is Superman up close with f23. To truly beat or comepete with Superman IMO you have to be able to keep him away while also not cornering yourself which is damn near impossible. Black Adam, WW, Aquaman, and Batman i think are the only ones truly capable of doing so.
Raven can do a decent job of it from what I heard, but she has to be at that awkward mid-far range.

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
Nah, EVO was probably the only one I'm going to bother to go to for a bit. I've gotta work and look after siblings, so I don't have the time or free expenses to go out. That's why I went all out at EVO and grabbed plenty of goodies to take home to the kiddies.
Figures. Hide behind lag and can't back up what you say in person offline. You sure manage to find time to argue with people on TYM all say long. I do believe you're broke though.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I can agree his zoning isn't what makes him great, but he has it and they CAN do some good stuff if people don't get past them.
The only thing is that KDZ just said HOW to get past them. Granted, he didn't mention that there's always the possibility that Superman may press MB for that second burst, but that's up to Superman's opponent to determine:

a) If Superman has meter
b) Will Superman USE that meter for the second laser burst

Following the steps of what KDZ said plus what I just now said, every single character in this game has the ability to get past Superman's lasers. It's just that some characters have tools that make this easier than others.

At the end of the day, if the player cannot get past Superman's zoning: it's not the Superman player's fault....

(inb4 "You play BAAAAATMAAAAN")

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
ive said it before and ill say it again. how is this game more balanced than mk?
It's not. The only people who say it is also happen to be the players that main a top tier character.

Why does everyone think they already know for a fact the true balance of the game? The game is fucking 3 MONTHS OLD!!! Can we stop acting like we know everything about the game for once TYM? The easiest characters to use and win with will obviously shine early on, happens in every single fighter.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I think KDZ is the new leader of TYM's downplaying coalition.
or he's right

I still think removing the breathe pushback makes him super (lulz) in line since everyone woudl be able to d1~special on a read

and ..... well..... you can't call someone a downplayer when you say things that make more sense.... like this
Why does everyone think they already know for a fact the true balance of the game? The game is fucking 3 MONTHS OLD!!! Can we stop acting like we know everything about the game for once TYM? The easiest characters to use and win with will obviously shine early on, happens in every single fighter.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
lol please. i paid sixty bucks for this game. i dont want to wait two years and put hardwork to maaaaybe see if it pans out and balances out..

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Should you start lobbying as new leader of the "This new game is too hard to adapt to" brigade?
Since I use Superman too, not sure what I'm supposed to be adapting to. :p

I like how people rather fight Kabal than play INJ. What if every match in tournament you had to fight was myself, Reo, Detroit or Curbo's Kabal? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to do that and Kabal's execution is extremely overrated.

Your hopes of beating a top Kabal player is hoping he messes up? That is hilarious. Only reason a Kabal player ever messes up is cause of shitty PS3's we are forced to play on.

You better use Cyrax and be as patient as DJT cause that is likely the only chance. MK9 is a one character game until Kabal is fixed.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I like how people rather fight Kabal than play INJ. What if every match in tournament you had to fight was myself, Reo, Detroit or Curbo's Kabal? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to do that and Kabal's execution is extremely overrated.

Your hopes of beating a top Kabal player is hoping he messes up? That is hilarious. Only reason a Kabal player ever messes up is cause of shitty PS3's we are forced to play on.
For those that refuse to actually read what he posted.... let me translate

Execution is no excuse.

You better use Cyrax and be as patient as DJT cause that is likely the only chance. MK9 is a one character game until Kabal is fixed.
Kabal players mess up because we're humans :p, let's just get that straight. Also dnt need rax to beat kabal as I can beat any kabal with sonya and others beat kabal with kitana, lao, and etc. My hopes of beating a top kabal player is getting in on his ass and merking him (which I do). Also about the IGAU/MK balance thing, no fighting game is balanced so it doesn't even matter which one ppl "think" is more balanced, just play the damn games and level up.

KDZ, what do you recommend ppl do when they get cornered against superman (because that is something that everyone has issues with, when they get cornered vs him).