What's new

Injustice - Paris Manga Teaser Video by Team Finish Him w/ Footage of KayaneFR Competing

You know what I never liked about MK9? I don't know if I ever seen it happen in other FGs, but the wonky hitboxes. I think it's due to the engine being string based, you do a string and you whiff it the first couple of hits, but lets say you whiff it and it goes under a character jumping over you and you go from P2 side to P1 side, it'll still hit in weird places. Kind of like that Cyrax 121 gimmick in the corner in MK9, you see it in Injustice too. I hate it!

And what was the random stagger Flash did when Nightwing jumped, looked like the animation when Kabal gets a blocked Nomad Dash.

Look at the 0:41 to 0:44 second mark in the Flash video.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I know this sounds elitist and douchey, but I can't stand watching noobs play fighting games. I'd rather watch two frogs having sex while I sit on a pile of ants.

I know this sounds elitist and douchey, but I can't stand watching noobs play fighting games. I'd rather watch two frogs having sex while I sit on a pile of ants.
I was just gonna say, it makes me appreciative of the combo "videos" people keep complaining about being released my NRS/Battle Arena, I'd rather watch that to be honest, at least the game looks good there even if it's a "fake" match.

Spletty

Grandmaster
Supes looks pretty okay, thought he looked like shit at first but I'm impressed. Even though gameplay wasn't the best lol

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
To be fair, most of us would look like this since we never picked the game up and dont know any moves lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
To be fair, most of us would look like this since we never picked the game up and dont know any moves lol
I guarantee you that I won't. Play me my very first match when I get Injustice and I won't look like a noob. Fundamentals go a long ass way, just sayin. #NotADoucheISwear :)

I guarantee you that I won't. Play me my very first match when I get Injustice and I won't look like a noob. Fundamentals go a long ass way, just sayin. #NotADoucheISwear :)
Good thing you dont have to watch me play a fighting game last time I played one was 8 years ago.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yeah but when you know NO moves, you can't really use fundamentals except for pokes. My character requires me to have solid fundamentals and good spacing, but if I play some character for the first time(Like skarlett) I have to at least figure out the moves before I do anything.

Btw I didnt watch the videos because there was no grundy, so you may be right lol

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Oh god, Flashs cheap ass bicycle-kick is still in it.
But it's an old build, right? So maybe it will be gone by the release of the game. Looks to simple for too much damage (55%), I guess.
43 geyser 43 geyser 43 geyser ... ring a bell? :p

Don't see what the big deal is. We have characters (Cyrax, Smoke) that can take 100% ... I'd gladly take 55% over that any day. lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah but when you know NO moves, you can't really use fundamentals except for pokes. My character requires me to have solid fundamentals and good spacing, but if I play some character for the first time(Like skarlett) I have to at least figure out the moves before I do anything.

Btw I didnt watch the videos because there was no grundy, so you may be right lol
True, but it really doesn't take too long to learn the moves if the game isn't like Tekken or VF5 or something. Just do the regular special move motions (DF, DB, BBF, QCF) then hit a button and you will more than likely figure them all out without ever having to look at the moves list. Learn on the fly and adapt. Besides, I doubt these players weren't given some time with that version of the game before the tournament. But that's just me assuming, so I could be wrong.

Anyway, my point is that I just don't like watching noobs play, makes my eyes hurt and stuff.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
There's another video up where they interview all of the tournament players about their first impressions in their first hour(s) of play, and every single one of them is positive so far. They say the pacing is at least as fast as MK, if not faster. They feel some SF influence, with the back-to-block, the crossups and whatnot. They say it's very technical, but very accessible at the same time, that you can pull off a couple of combos in your first matches without looking at the movelist.

Everyone pretty much agrees that Flash is top-tier so far in this build, being extremely fast and having very high-damage combos that are very simple to do. Up there with Flash, they'd put Batman and Green Arrow. Batman is described as very technical, having lots and lots of options and being actually pretty strong, oppositely to what they first thought. GA, for his part, has extremely good mobility and his arrows are very hard to get through.

Then Superman is described as quite slower than other characters, but his air mobility, his eye lasers and his very high damage make up for it. Cyborg was compared to Jax in his strings, but much faster, while specials were compared to both Sektor(maybe he meant Cyrax?) and Liu Kang for his high/low/air fireballs. Grundy is once again labeled as the slowest character, although a player said he possesed some pretty fast strings.

Nightwing, Harley and WW weren't really expanded upon, but the three were described as really fast and solid possibilities for the tourny.

Hi, i'm from Finish Him (but wasn't present for the Paris Manga :( ) He means Sektor for his missiles, but they remains different because they exploses on hitting the ground, not the opponent ^^

insignis

Noob
Hi, i'm from Finish Him (but wasn't present for the Paris Manga :( ) He means Sektor for his missiles, but they remains different because they exploses on hitting the ground, not the opponent ^^
maybe it's more like Cyrax's bombs with different animation then?

SLy

Noob
Why?
I defend the game when someone is wrong about it, but I'm not going to avoid giving valid criticisms, and I know NRS can do better then this, some of the characters in this game have fantastic and smooth animations, The Flash however looks ridiculous.

As for the damage, this is the NYCC build, as Paulo said in the past, its not supposed to be balanced, just work.

Here is a nice 65% combo from the Russian guys.
But we do have 2 Lifebars.. Maybe 65 % might not be that bad.. My problem is that it looks like a braindead loop

SLy

Noob
as in MK we have 2 rounds :) and it's predictable that some characters may have retarded combos as liu kang, smoke etc :)
Yea but two bars in one match is gonna feel different momemtum wise.. Theres no "You win the first round then I win the second". If you are in a ridiculous lifelead then maybe damage like that will come in handy..

insignis

Noob
Yea but two bars in one match is gonna feel different momemtum wise.. Theres no "You win the first round then I win the second". If you are in a ridiculous lifelead then maybe damage like that will come in handy..
maybe you're right at this point. still I want to see matches without "oh crap here is the combo, gg"

Reactions: SLy