What's new

Injustice - Paris Manga Teaser Video by Team Finish Him w/ Footage of KayaneFR Competing

insignis

Noob
can't wait to see the whole thing - it seemed people had time to test characters well enough to show something interesting :)
hope it was an early build since 55% Flash's combo is in oO

likeed HQ cross-ups after gunshot.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Son, I expected more from you.
Why?
I defend the game when someone is wrong about it, but I'm not going to avoid giving valid criticisms, and I know NRS can do better then this, some of the characters in this game have fantastic and smooth animations, The Flash however looks ridiculous.

As for the damage, this is the NYCC build, as Paulo said in the past, its not supposed to be balanced, just work.

Here is a nice 65% combo from the Russian guys.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Why does this community constantly bitch about the same shit? This is literally the same nonsense that was going on when mk9 was coming out.

Why?
I defend the game when someone is wrong about it, but I'm not going to avoid giving valid criticisms, and I know NRS can do better then this, some of the characters in this game have fantastic and smooth animations, The Flash however looks ridiculous.
Well then, I guess different people have different tastes, when it comes to something like that.
I for one actually like Flashs animations a lot. To me they make sense. To me it looks like they hit his movements spot on (besides the weird walk, I guess).

1. He doesn't actually know how to fight. He runs fast, that's it, so his ways to attack are not the best looking ones.
2. He is all about speed, so him attacking very furious, fast and hard also makes sense.
3. His way to swing around, hit an opponent with a quick elbow and instantly pull back, to basically mock them ... it's the Flash.

I can't come up with a different way for him to move and act. Can you? What should he be doing in your opinion?
(In MK VS DC he looked like everyone else, just faster. I didn't like that. In this game he has personality.)

As for the damage, this is the NYCC build, as Paulo said in the past, its not supposed to be balanced, just work.
I wouldn't say that one man has enough power to judge about that. Maybe Ed Boon does, but even there :)
The good thing about the entire story is ... the main problem with that combo seems to be the damage. The damage is too high for not enough effort, even though meter has been used.

In a recent interview Hector stated that they found a new way to balance things out, simply by changing the values. If enough people complain (if the combo goes live), they could simply adjust the numbers and you would have more balanced Flash damage, without even having to download a patch.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Killzone

My problems with flash have to do with his walk animation, and most of his specials.

His walk is ridiculous and just isn't very Flash like, it just looks weird.

Most of his specials are very stiff and bland.
His Lightning Kicks
His Dragon Punch
And his Dash Punch thing.

They just don't have any sense of speed to them, and they seem very basic compared to most other specials in the game.
They need some extra effects added to them, like the maybe a similar effect his command run has, or a big burst of yellow lightning.
His Lightning kicks however I think are just too stiff looking and should be changed, they also are very similar to Rains 4,3 and Deathstroke already has that.

His wallbounce heavy attack is also bad, its basically a Tatsu from SF, and that barley works in that game, it looks really silly and they should just change it.

His command run is his best looking move, it's a bit slow, but game balance should come first so I'm fine with that.

IDK maybe he will look better at 60fps, but I'm really not a fan of him in this game so far.

As for MKvsDC Flash, ya his normals were kinda bland, but his specials were really good and had a great sense of speed, his dash and his teleport were fantastic, they were just so fast and cool looking.

Really The Flash and Captain Marvel were the only redeeming things about that otherwise crappy game.

trufenix

bye felicia
snip aboot flash
Not to be a dick, but you are literally criticizing the very first animations of the game. It might be warranted if anyone since then had looked anything shy of amazing, but since Bats, WW and Harley look hella amazing in the new fight videos, I'm sure current Flash does too.

Besideswhich, Boon has already gone on record as saying he's his favorite character, and we've never seen an MK game with a shitty Scorpion in it, have we?

Siky

Noob
Personally, I feel like his trait should have allowed him to incorporate speed into his combos and also let him do mix-ups that make sense for him. As was said, Flash is a fighter that utilizes speed, not mastery of martial arts and has super endurance rather than super strength so up-kicking someone into the air without a running head start seems weird to me (but I'm not a comics guy, what do I know).

I would say this. Keep his normals the way they are, but give them longer recovery so that they are mostly unsafe on whiff or block. Now make his trait to allow you run past your opponent so that you can attack them from behind. This basically lets you dash cancel normals which also lets you mix people up by making them block behind themselves. The run always makes you run behind them. With that, the more you cancel the run the further you go each time making it so you can really only do 3-4 different attacks before you're too far away to continue forcing you to end combos or at least create combos that look interesting.

His special moves have issues, what do you really do to give him good special moves? I could think of some... but they'd kind of mess with what he already has (like his Super).

"Around the World" Punch:
- runs past you and comes back on the other side of the screen quickly to hit you with an unblockable punch.
- has armor because of super endurance and is avoided by jumping, can be combo'd if someone is launched high enough. does not combo off any normal that leaves you standing.
- meter burn version stops you before you punch so you can read people for the cost of meter.

Taunt Dodge:
- treated like a command stance, causes Flash to dash backwards quickly out of harm and taunts the enemy shrugging (or whatever Flash taunting someone would look like).
- button follow-up allows for unique stance attack: (L) staggering blow that leaves the opponent standing, (M) low slide combo starter that launches and puts Flash behind his opponent if it hits, (H) counter-attack wallbounce. all attacks can be trait run cancelled, L basically being the only one where if it hits it will continue into something, but if blocked will leave him at a range where he'd need to use a move that has long horizontally reach or it will whiff leaving him open.

Phase Dash
- short dash that lets him run through projectiles which makes it hard to zone against him.
- avoids all projectile damage, even cyborg's unblockable ground missiles during the dash.

I really don't think Flash should have air moves, he's a speedster, what does leaving the ground do for him? From a gameplay stand point it works, but like there are better ways. Plus even though he's a speedster, he needs gameplay balance and usually you'd want for speedsters to speed up as they go, not be instantly fast all the time or you'll get Mr. Janky, the current version of Flash. Whatever though, I'm neither a paid game designer nor am I a fan of Flash and this version of him won't make me one either. I still think there's a better way to represent Flash.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Not to be a dick, but you are literally criticizing the very first animations of the game. It might be warranted if anyone since then had looked anything shy of amazing, but since Bats, WW and Harley look hella amazing in the new fight videos, I'm sure current Flash does too.

Besideswhich, Boon has already gone on record as saying he's his favorite character, and we've never seen an MK game with a shitty Scorpion in it, have we?
I know, but I REALLY REALLY love The Flash, well Wally anyway, Barry can eat a dick.(I'm going to pretend he is wally when playing as him)

Since he is my favorite character currently in the game, I am very critical of him and want him to be amazing, in both looks and gameplay, and well he looks fun to play, he has very lackluster animations right now.

I hope they touch him up, but right now there is a lot wrong with him.

I know, but I REALLY REALLY love The Flash, well Wally anyway, Barry can eat a dick.(I'm going to pretend he is wally when playing as him)

Since he is my favorite character currently in the game, I am very critical of him and want him to be amazing, in both looks and gameplay, and well he looks fun to play, he has very lackluster animations right now.

I hope they touch him up, but right now there is a lot wrong with him.
i really hope you can see him in the battle arena with a recent build of the game