What's new

Injustice - New Character Reveal to Drop on Monday

To my knowledge, they've rarely actually fought outside of hypothetical futures, and I only know of two off the top of my head, and that's Armageddon 1999 and The Dark Knight Returns, and Supes lost in both instances.
To your knowledg-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ...

If I'm not mistaken, he did so in Batman: Hush.
... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ...

Well, the question wasn't whether or not he has in canon comics or not. So if he has or hasn't is in canon is irrelevant. However, when he has, it is a convincing scenario where I think he could. And that's what was asked, if I think he could or not. Which I do.
... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!11111111111111

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/citizenbane/superman-vs-batman/87-79268/

And keep the NON CANON in mind, which doesn't even take these comics into count, because they don't have anything to do with the Superman you think to know from the comics.

PS: I'm done with the topic. It doesn't make sense to discuss a topic like that with people who don't know much about comics and as I already stated it long time ago ... it's totally okay, since we're on a fighting game board.

Good night everyone.

shig

kool guy
The problem with preptime: Batman with infinite resources, infinite time, no supervillains bugging him, attacking by surprise and having no morals would win. Ok.*

A guy attacking an unaware elephant in the savanna with an elephant gun, a jeep and a driver, after being trained on how to use that elephant gun can kill an elephant.
But if you just ask me "WHO WOULD WIN: ELEPHANT VS MAN", then the elephant wins.

*:Arguable, but I'm making a point.

Reedoms

Noob
The problem with preptime: Batman with infinite resources, infinite time, no supervillains bugging him, attacking by surprise and having no morals would win. Ok.*

A guy attacking an unaware elephant in the savanna with an elephant gun, a jeep and a driver, after being trained on how to use that elephant gun can kill an elephant.
But if you just ask me "WHO WOULD WIN: ELEPHANT VS MAN", then the elephant wins.
Does the elephant have Telescopic vision? This is a deal breaker.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
To your knowledg-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ...

... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ...

... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!11111111111111

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/citizenbane/superman-vs-batman/87-79268/

And keep the NON CANON in mind, which doesn't even take these comics into count, because they don't have anything to do with the Superman you think to know from the comics.

PS: I'm done with the topic. It doesn't make sense to discuss a topic like that with people who don't know much about comics and as I already stated it long time ago ... it's totally okay, since we're on a fighting game board.

Good night everyone.
Let's not go into the "I'm not going to argue this because I know more and you all know less".

Wow, that site did ignore the possible future in which Supes decided to rid the world of nukes, accidentally killed some Naval officers by sinking a submarine before it was completely evacuated, and indirectly caused the death of the Martian Manhunter. Batman and Robin come after Supes with a kryptonite ring, and the big blue goes down.

And that's why debating/arguing/discussing with you is a waste of time. You may have the knowledge of comics, but the maturity and respect just isn't there.
Ah, one last thing, or else I won't be able to sleep like a baby.

Once again: It's trolling and when it's so obvious, no one should take it seriously. I wouldn't do it.
BUT ... the difference between the two of us is that I acknowledge, when I lack knowledge in an specific area and the comics / fighting games are a perfect example.

Will Injustice be your first fighting game that you take seriously? Mine will be, since I'm slowly getting into fighting games because of it. If you know more about fighting games than I do and that is very likely, if you ever bothered to learn at least one fighting game, then I will accept your opinion without doubting it for a second, if it teaches me something I didn't know before.

But when I - as someone who might know more about comic books and characters than you do ... when I tell you something about comics that you don't agree with, because you believe otherwise, you enter your defensive mode and keep trying to make me look as a bad person for being this and that.

I would never do that to you <______>
But then again ... I'm so into myself, that I don't take anyone seriously, because I consider myself as awesome and handsome and better than anyone else, so who gives a fuck.

Reedoms

Noob
Wow, that site did ignore the possible future in which Supes decided to rid the world of nukes, accidentally killed some Naval officers by sinking a submarine before it was completely evacuated, and indirectly caused the death of the Martian Manhunter. Batman and Robin come after Supes with a kryptonite ring, and the big blue goes down.
You're forgetting that story was written by Frank Miller who notoriously hates Superman and tries his best to make him look like a bitch.

You're forgetting that story was written by Frank Miller who notoriously hates Superman and tries his best to make him look like a bitch.
WRONG.

Miller is NOWHERE on the cover and had nothing to do with this issue.

And why are we even going over this mess anyways? It has nothing to do with new character reveals other than the fact that we're all pretty certain that the new character'll be going up against Superman.

Reedoms

Noob
WRONG.
-snip
Miller is NOWHERE on the cover and had nothing to do with this issue.

And why are we even going over this mess anyways? It has nothing to do with new character reveals other than the fact that we're all pretty certain that the new character'll be going up against Superman.
What you described was pretty much the plot to Dark Knight Strikes Again so I got that confused. Sorry bout that.

What you described was pretty much the plot to Dark Knight Strikes Again so I got that confused. Sorry bout that.
Never read that one. Only reason I know of that particular issue is that it's one of the few Superman comics I own, and I read it and saw a few parallels to what's happening in Injustice.

JLU51306

Ah, one last thing, or else I won't be able to sleep like a baby.

Once again: It's trolling and when it's so obvious, no one should take it seriously. I wouldn't do it.
BUT ... the difference between the two of us is that I acknowledge, when I lack knowledge in an specific area and the comics / fighting games are a perfect example.

Will Injustice be your first fighting game that you take seriously? Mine will be, since I'm slowly getting into fighting games because of it. If you know more about fighting games than I do and that is very likely, if you ever bothered to learn at least one fighting game, then I will accept your opinion without doubting it for a second, if it teaches me something I didn't know before.

But when I - as someone who might know more about comic books and characters than you do ... when I tell you something about comics that you don't agree with, because you believe otherwise, you enter your defensive mode and keep trying to make me look as a bad person for being this and that.

I would never do that to you <______>
But then again ... I'm so into myself, that I don't take anyone seriously, because I consider myself as awesome and handsome and better than anyone else, so who gives a fuck.
You can presume that since you're on a fighting game forum, you might know more than others about comic books, but that really is moot. Hell, I could throw out my resume of comic knowledge, being a member and former staff member of a DC based message board for 8 years, having read comics for 5 years that included a backlog of most notable, (and some obscure) comics all the way back to 1985, but what does that really prove? From what I know of blackcyborg on another forum, he probably knows way more than me. But again, what does it matter?
I gave what I thought to be evidence that Batman defeated Superman, and you chose to reject and ignore it, and post an article that was an opinion piece discrediting it because "Jeph Loeb writes outlandish things". Blah, blah, blah. You think Batman didn't beat Supes, I think he did. Opinions are just like assholes, everyone's got one.

JLU51306

i want doomsday to be playable, i don't want unplayable bosses this is a new i.p. they could change that
I think it's funny that him being unplayable is even a possibility for some. Goro, Kintaro, and Shao Kahn had an 'advantage' because of they're sheer damage being skewed well above that of normal characters, and they were the only characters like that in their class type (sans Sheeva). Injustice has already proven it has no problem with big, bruting characters. It really wouldn't make sense, at least to me, for them to say 'We have Bain, Lex, and Grundy all playable, but y'know, we just decided to leave Doomsday out, even though he's not any bigger than Bane'*. That would just be silly in my opinion. But I could be wrong...

* First Battle Arena video showed glimpse of Doomsday, who stood no larger than Lex or Bane compared to the Joker.

Martian Manhunter needs to be in the game though. He is a major character and his powers could be used in variety of ways. I don't know why you would leave him out.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Martian Manhunter needs to be in the game though. He is a major character and his powers could be used in variety of ways. I don't know why you would leave him out.

I see people say this but let me saying something: ANYBODY's powers, or lack thereof, can be used in a variety of ways. Seriously, think of the worst, non-joke Hero or Villain you can and they can work in a fighter. Even somebody like Piper can work.

JLU51306

I see people say this but let me saying something: ANYBODY's powers, or lack thereof, can be used in a variety of ways. Seriously, think of the worst, non-joke Hero or Villain you can and they can work in a fighter. Even somebody like Piper can work.
While this is true, he still deserves a spot, I think.