What's new

Injustice - New Character Reveal to Drop on Monday

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I'm kinda new at this, and more than terrible when it comes to people on twitter, but I'm going to guess that's someone who works on the game right? If so, I'll take that as fairly solid evidence.
yeah he works for the studio making the game and it's safe to say he knows the full roster

EGGXI

Scary Bat
yeah he works for the studio making the game and it's safe to say he knows the full roster
Fair enough, I mean I didn't think he was really necessary to the roster either, my theory was just that thus only playable characters have been in the comic. Unfortunately this leads me to believe that it will be Doomsday tomorrow, which is a shame because I hoped for a *new* character whereas Doomsday we sort of apparently already know is in the game.

Here's hoping for someone else!

Fred Marvel

Fair enough, I mean I didn't think he was really necessary to the roster either, my theory was just that thus only playable characters have been in the comic. Unfortunately this leads me to believe that it will be Doomsday tomorrow, which is a shame because I hoped for a *new* character whereas Doomsday we sort of apparently already know is in the game.

Here's hoping for someone else!
Martian Manhunter is in the comic too but the only hints for him so far are showing he might not make it and i hope doomsday isnt playable either, we already have zangief grundy so another powerhouse character -___- im guessing the 2nd "new" character will be Hawkgirl, but hopefully we get a surprise

Cruz

Banned
Doomsday seems to be part of the stage, like Goro and Shao Kahn are in MK.....
He won't be playable, why do people think he's gonna be playable?
I prefer Gorilla Grodd if they add a big boy than make him smart with some new fresh tricks
like someone who uses technology and mind control like grodd not another dumbo.

As for the reveal i'm gonna go for Hawkgirl or Raven but both need to be announced next anyway!

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Martian Manhunter is in the comic too but the only hints for him so far are showing he might not make it and i hope doomsday isnt playable either, we already have zangief grundy so another powerhouse character -___- im guessing the 2nd "new" character will be Hawkgirl, but hopefully we get a surprise
Is he? Do I just miss everything when I read the comic?! I thought originally that Doomsday was just a stage device but people do claim there is combat footage of him. I agree about the powerhouse thing as I think Bane and Grundy are enough really. Also I've seen a few times people mentioning two characters being revealed on Monday, does anyone know why? As far as I can tell it says 'we're announcing a new character' as in singular.

Cruz

Banned
How does Akuma play different from Sakura, Ryu and Ken? There are ways.
C'mon dude you where the guy that diddn't want Black Adam and Sinestro cause they would be
in a similiar catagory, even Shazam you diddn't really like and now for Doomsday you talk against
your own logic cause you want him in. :rolleyes:

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
C'mon dude you where the guy that diddn't want Black Adam and Sinestro cause they would be
in a similiar catagory, even Shazam you diddn't really like and now for Doomsday you talk against
your own logic cause you want him in. :rolleyes:

Whozajiggawa? Who ever said I didn't want Adam or Sinestro in? I said how they COULD be similar and it COULD be a problem but I would love either or both. And Marvel? When did I ever say that about Marvel?

Cruz

Banned
Whozajiggawa? Who ever said I didn't want Adam or Sinestro in? I said how they COULD be similar and it COULD be a problem but I would love either or both. And Marvel? When did I ever say that about Marvel?
Compbros said:
Which I also said. My initial point was that if he's gonna say "why have Black Adam if we have Shazam since they're basically the same?" then he also needs to say "why have Shazam if we have Superman, why have Quinn if we have Joker, and why have Sinestro if we have Green Lantern?".​

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Compbros said:
Which I also said. My initial point was that if he's gonna say "why have Black Adam if we have Shazam since they're basically the same?" then he also needs to say "why have Shazam if we have Superman, why have Quinn if we have Joker, and why have Sinestro if we have Green Lantern?".​
"If he's gonna say..." "....then he also needs to say" are the key points here. If he's complaining that x is similar to y then he also needs to complain that m is similar to n.

Cruz

Banned
"If he's gonna say..." "....then he also needs to say" are the key points here. If he's complaining that x is similar to y then he also needs to complain that m is similar to n.
If Bane is already similiar to Grundy than why still have Doomsday since he works better as a boss....

Fred Marvel

Is he? Do I just miss everything when I read the comic?! I thought originally that Doomsday was just a stage device but people do claim there is combat footage of him. I agree about the powerhouse thing as I think Bane and Grundy are enough really. Also I've seen a few times people mentioning two characters being revealed on Monday, does anyone know why? As far as I can tell it says 'we're announcing a new character' as in singular.
haha MM hasnt appeared in the comic yet but his logo on the CE (along with robin's) confirmed he's gonna be in the comic and as for the 2 characters thing i coulda sworn i saw them say "characters" or hint at it being more than 1 but i cant find where.
and the footage of doomsday

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
If Bane is already similiar to Grundy than why still have Doomsday since he works better as a boss....

Because they CAN make him different. Joker and Quinn should, for all intents and purposes, have a very similar moveset but they don't. Same with Cyborg/Lex and Bane/Grundy, it can be done as seen three different times in this game alone.

Edit: Also, Doomsday is not a grappler, he's a more ruthless Superman. He's gonna be a powerhouse more than likely.

Cruz

Banned
haha MM hasnt appeared in the comic yet but his logo on the CE (along with robin's) confirmed he's gonna be in the comic and as for the 2 characters thing i coulda sworn i saw them say "characters" or hint at it being more than 1 but i cant find where.
and the footage of doomsday
He stands in the background in that same map like Goro in the dungeon.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
I can't see Doomsday being all that much different I mean Lex is sorta a Brawler, Grudy is a grappler and Bane seems like a combination of both. How much different can they really make Doomsday?

I prefer Gorilla Grodd if they add a big boy than make him smart with some new fresh tricks
like someone who uses technology and mind control like grodd not another dumbo.
I still believe that Gorilla Grodd would be an amazing addition, because he could have a lot of unique stuff:

1) power AND gadget character, since he is strong and agile, so he could either throw interactives, or bounce of them off,
2) use telekinesis to pick up stage interactive objects and attack the opponents,
3) use telekinesis to attack the opponents,
4) use telepathy to mind-control them and make them hurt themselves,
5) + he could be a major part of the story, because of his powers.

And yeah, he doesn't use telekinesis that much, but he has it to some degree.