What's new

Injustice Middle East Tournament - Gameplay Archives

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Yooooo...
http://fr.twitch.tv/plginj/b/374484328

around 2 minute mark Cyborg sets up the target for his missiles, but after putting it out Catwoman hits him...the bombs hit, but BOTH get knocked down. I think Cyborg may have friendly fire on his missiles like Viewtiful Joe.

EDIT: Okay I am at a loss because at 4:25 ish on up he is walking all through his own kaboom to no ill effect. I have no idea what happened vs Catwoman.

http://fr.twitch.tv/plginj/b/374486827

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Superman vs. Nightwing 0:37
I surprised you didn't mention this, Circus. I'll use SSFIVAE, since from what I know that's one FG we have in common, but do you remember how some characters could use moves to cross over the opponent when they wake up or fake it for cross-ups shenanigans? Superman may end up having this.

Does anyone know if Harley can transition to a normal or special after cartwheel? If so, she might be able to be used in a rushdown-esque fashion, involving ending a combo, cartwheeling, and having them guess if you'll go for a low, over-head, or throw; she could use the knockdown to rinse and repeat this process again.

If the final product still has Grundy with any blockable command grabs I will be severely disappointed. Grapplers always have all grabs unblockable. Da fuq you doing NRS?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Yooooo...

around 2 minute mark Cyborg sets up the target for his missiles, but after putting it out Catwoman hits him...the bombs hit, but BOTH get knocked down. I think Cyborg may have friendly fire on his missiles like Viewtiful Joe.

EDIT: Okay I am at a loss because at 4:25 ish on up he is walking all through his own kaboom to no ill effect. I have no idea what happened vs Catwoman.

What happened there was Cyborg called his missles, then Catwoman ran up and normal grabbed him, then Catwoman got hit out of her animation of the grab because the missles. The only reason Cyborg fell down too is because he was already in the grab state, so he wouldn't just stay standing. The missles don't affect him at all.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Yooooo...

http://fr.twitch.tv/plginj/b/374486827
It looks like Catwoman was throwing him when she got interrupted. Perhaps it was just the game giving him the knockdown the throw would've granted?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Superman vs. Nightwing 0:37
I surprised you didn't mention this, Circus. I'll use SSFIVAE, since from what I know that's one FG we have in common, but do you remember how some characters could use moves to cross over the opponent when they wake up or fake it for cross-ups shenanigans? Superman may end up having this.

Woooooow! I did miss that...

The thing is, that isn't a move Superman is doing to crossover the knocked down opponent, that's just his normal dash.

If every character is capable of doing this, after hard knockdowns everyone is going to have a bunch of opportunities to do some pretty dirty mixups because it's hold back to block. Damn, that is such a good idea.

It might be that it's just because Superman is floating in the air the whole time making it a Superman only mixup, but for some reason I think it might be everyone. Could anyone find any footage of another situation where someone dashes into a knocked down opponent?

There seem to be a lot of guard crush normals of sorts in this game as well. I notice in certain demo shots that when Grundy hits his opponent with a certain 2 hit string (a punch and a push kick), the 2nd hit causes the blocking opponent to stagger, which in other games, suggests that you are left at a frame advantageous situation. I noticed that bats and his lunge kick and nightwing's bo staff lunge kick have the same property. That adds an element to this game that i didn't think NRS was even considering, much less applying it to multiple characters.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Woooooow! I did miss that...

The thing is, that isn't a move Superman is doing to crossover the knocked down opponent, that's just his normal dash.

If every character is capable of doing this, after hard knockdowns everyone is going to have a bunch of opportunities to do some pretty dirty mixups because it's hold back to block. Damn that is such a good idea.

It might be that it's just because Superman is floating in the air the whole time making it a Superman only mixup, but for some reason I think it might be everyone. Could anyone find any footage of another situation where someone dashes into a knocked down opponent?
If it -is- just the floating thing, I think it'll apply to WW, Hawkgirl, Sinestro, and GL from the confirmed cast. Might be more floaters as of yet revealed.

EDIT: My mistake, Hawkgirl doesn't float.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Wonderwoman vs. Flash 4:36
She has a parry, looks like after executing it you can begin to apply pressure. If the parry requires just an input ,and there isn't a version that only works on mediums and one that only works on lows, rushdown type players will have to be careful when fighting her.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
After watching these does anyone notice whether or not low blocking is even a thing? Its like every likely low attack can be blocked high...

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
After watching these does anyone notice whether or not low blocking is even a thing? Its like every likely low attack can be blocked high...
NRS adding cross-ups to add more depth to offense and defense, but then removing high-low mix-ups? I don't think that's likely.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
If it -is- just the floating thing, I think it'll apply to WW, Hawkgirl, Sinestro, and GL from the confirmed cast. Might be more floaters as of yet revealed.

EDIT: My mistake, Hawkgirl doesn't float.

You're right though. That'd be pretty cool if they made that mixup floater only. And yea, Hawkgirl can't necessarily thought because she needs her wings to fly. From the list of the unrevealed characters I'd suspect Raven's in game model might float, who knows.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Double post idgaf anymore.

EXACTLY what I saw. Check this out.

All the lows that actually land in these videos by the CPU are really drawn out, are hard knockdowns, or look really punishable, whereas all high and mid looking moves look super safe.

I really think NRS might be trying to make it like 3D games where highs and mids are the safer options and lows are always the risky option(completely backwards to traditional 2D fighting games where safe options are always low).

If this is the case this would be an insanely creative take on the holding back to block 2D fighter. Even though it'll feel like Street Fighter, it'll play like Tekken in up close battles. It's genius.

I really hope I'm right. Footsies would look sooooo much cooler than just two dudes walking up to each other then squatting down.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
I've looked through some videos and WW isn't shown doing anything like it, and neither are GL or Sinestro. Even if GL has it, it looks like his dash is too slow to efficiently trip people up.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Double post idgaf anymore.

EXACTLY what I saw. Check this out.

All the lows that actually land in these videos by the CPU are really drawn out, are hard knockdowns, or look really punishable, whereas all high and mid looking moves look super safe.

I really think NRS might be trying to make it like 3D games where highs and mids are the safer options and lows are always the risky option(completely backwards to traditional 2D fighting games where safe options are always low).

If this is the case this would be an insanely creative take on the holding back to block 2D fighter. Even though it'll feel like Street Fighter, it'll play like Tekken in up close battles. It's genius.

I really hope I'm right. Footsies would look sooooo much cooler than just two dudes walking up to each other then squatting down.
The punishable lows you see might just be the equivalent of crouching HKs, where they're also punishable, but there are still a ton of other lows you can throw out that are fast and safe. From strings I've seen with Green Arrow, that look like there are lows, the game will probably still follow the 2D rule of "Always block low and block high on reaction"

WW vs. WW 8:50
Looks like WW players can opt to end combos with tiara toss, and then make the opponent guess if they'll go for a low or overhead, creating a reset if they block incorrectly. However, based on the glow I see it looks like it will take meter.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
The punishable lows you see might just be the equivalent of crouching HKs, where they're also punishable, but there are still a ton of other lows you can throw out that are fast and safe. From strings I've seen with Green Arrow, that look like there are lows, the game will probably still follow the 2D rule of "Always block low and block high on reaction"

Yea, I was looking through some videos and I saw that too, but the low is never the combo starter, it's always a canned string with a low in the middle or in the end just like games like Soul Calibur and Tekken.

I seriously think I might make a thread about this.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Looked through it one really quick. Looks like the only chars/stages in it are the ones from the E3 build. So its probably just going to be footage similar to E3/Gamescom/all those other expos that had this same build that is like 9 months old, lol

Catwoman is like a reptile mileena hybrid!!! Man looking like a tossup between nightwing and her at this point...