What's new

Injustice Middle East Tournament - Gameplay Archives

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Krayzie

Cyborg looks kinda shitty

We must be watching different videos then because I think he looks incredible lol. Out of all the characters on the demo he's impressing me the most.

Still too early to tell, but I really like what I'm seeing from alot of characters I wouldn't have thought I would like. Superman and Wonderwoman aren't nearly as one dimensional as I thought from their Battle Arena videos.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
3:25 Catwoman vs Superman
http://fr.twitch.tv/plginj/b/374488828

In these videos Superman's most common combo ender is his anti-air grab that jumps him up, grabs them, and tosses them down to the ground. The CPU is always shooting a laser afterward but in this video at 3:25ish it shows that Catwoman blocks the laser.

This means that after an anti-air grab Superman is still in the air and could go for an immediate mixup because we already know he has an air dash(cross up oppurtunity on wakeup) and an air laser. I wonder what other options he has after the air throw combo ender.

LEGEND

YES!
We must be watching different videos then because I think he looks incredible lol. Out of all the characters on the demo he's impressing me the most.

Still too early to tell, but I really like what I'm seeing from alot of characters I wouldn't have thought I would like. Superman and Wonderwoman aren't nearly as one dimensional as I thought from their Battle Arena videos.
i don't see very many solid options for setting up his missiles outside of the corner

He looks pretty slow and his grounded projectiles are also slow, they got interrupted several times throughout the posted footage

His instant air projectiles would have to really good for him to be any threat to me, and if MK9 is any indication, they won't be

Don't see very good combo potential and i don't really know what he would hit confirm into to create any decent damage
-

Looks to me that he is a pure zoning machine that will probably be too slow to overcome other great zoners. And it looks like alot of characters have ways to get past zoning pretty easily

Thing is, it's kinda been stated that the winners didn't do as much as the losers cause the losers wouldn't get another chance. From what I could see, the only winner that actually did do a lot was Batman.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
3:25 Catwoman vs Superman
http://fr.twitch.tv/plginj/b/374488828

In these videos Superman's most common combo ender is his anti-air grab that jumps him up, grabs them, and toss them down to the ground. The CPU is always shooting a laser afterward but in this video at 3:25ish it shows that Catwoman blocks the laser.

This means that after an anti-air grab Superman is still in the air and could go for an immediate mixup because we already know he has an air dash(cross up oppurtunity on wakeup) and an air laser. I wonder what other options he has after the air throw combo ender.
Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
i don't see very many solid options for setting up his missiles outside of the corner

He looks pretty slow and his grounded projectiles are also slow, they got interrupted several times throughout the posted footage

His instant air projectiles would have to really good for him to be any threat to me, and if MK9 is any indication, they won't be

Don't see very good combo potential and i don't really know what he would hit confirm into to create any decent damage
-

Looks to me that he is a pure zoning machine that will probably be too slow to overcome other great zoners. And it looks like alot of characters have ways to get past zoning pretty easily

What you're probably missing though is that Cyborgs projectiles while grounded can't be ducked.

Harley is shown to have a mid hitting gunshot too, but the startup on it is slow because she has to twist her body(the one that avoids highs in the video). Green Arrow has a high (duckable) arrow, a low blockable arrow, a straight air arrow, an anti air arrow, and a diagonal air arrow. Harley has also shown to have a duckable high projectile, anti air projectile, and a low projectile too.

They are all different characters, but the strength of literally being forced to jump over a projectile to avoid pushback and chip damage is a huge deal. This basically gives Cyborg the projectile game of an SF4 character that tries to bait out jumps and moves that go through projectiles, then punishes them. Even other projectile characters that have ways to counter zoning vs them will have trouble against Cyborgs zoning because Green Arrow can't duck Cyborgs shot with a low arrow that crouches him and Harley can't do her twisting body gunshot that avoids high projectiles either.

Add in the fact that he has those upward track missles, an overhead tackle that lunges him like Sonya's, and his grappling hook and I think that is definitely a character that shouldn't be considered shitty looking lol.

The more I see CatWoman, the more I'm looking forward to see her frame data. She looks fast as hell, has a command low, overhead, and to top it all off, she has a crumpling special. Grundy's command grabs not being unblockable comes a pretty big shock. He's a grappler, his grabs should be undefendable. Nightwing looks bawse, nuff said. Supe's heatvision being blocked after the air toss looks like it will generate some serious mixup games. The labs will be busy when this game hits the shelves next month. So far, the characters I will try out first are Shazzam, NW, CatWoman, Grundy, and Doomsday.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
The more I see CatWoman, the more I'm looking forward to see her frame data.

Yea, I seriously want to get my hands on the frame data. The only reason I haven't commented on any normal moves is because I want to see what is punishable, safe, or +on block.

There is also alot of duckable highs going around all these videos. Makes me suspect that there will be alot more safe overheads and alot more punishable lows on block. This is how Tekken and other 3D fighters work and it's why you don't see people ducking constantly in 3D games.

EDIT:

The more matches I watch, the more I think that I'm probably right about my assumption on lows and overheads. ALL the lows thrown out look really punishable, whereas you see all the characters recovering almost immediately from overhead looking moves.

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
lol superman wit dat supaman pwnch. Even has the same sound on hit as mk9.

I think Grundy's ground move otg's. omg.

lol green arrow's dash back arrow makes all of his combos safe on block. King of Zoning.

The characters I wanted to see the most are not in any of these videos. disappoint.

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
These videos aren't on Youtube, are they? Could someone pass me the links if they are on Youtube? I wanna download them.. :D