What's new

Injustice Kryptonite Council Wants your questions - Expect a huge show this week

Different games. Pretty much every char has air mobility, there's air blocking, pushblocking, etc.

You don't AA in Marvel because it isn't designed to play that way.

In injustice you need to AA for the game to make sense, and you can't.

People wan't jab anti-airs tho, maybe, more D2 buffs but they want a port of MK9s AAs.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I'm just going to pour my thoughts out.

Why do people keep trying to mold this game into MK9? Saying, it's not like MK9s, AAs, Footsies, Spacing, etc. Maybe if you'd stop trying to mold it to MK9 than you'd stop fucking losing and whining.

Are there DP anti-airs in Marvel? Do Capcom players keep saying why can't they play footsies in Marvel like SF?

Why can Marvel deal with bullshit but this community can't?

Have you noticed a trend that the only time MK players talk shit on Injustice is when they lose in IGAU? And it's only MK players talking shit from what I see...why is that...

Also, stop comparing the execution of Superman to justify the top 8 at EVO. "This player got top 8 with Superman in Injustice but you can't do that with a top tier character in SF! It requires execution!". Do you not fucking realize at the core NRS games are braindead in execution regardless? So no matter what top tier character, they're going to be easy to use to a well versed FG player, NRS games aren't even about execution, so stop comparing it and saying "No one would get top 8 with a 1 week Akuma in SF!", no they won't because Capcom games aren't designed with braindead execution, albeit it's easy compared to their previous work, but compared to NRS games it's miles ahead in execution.
Hmmm so you say stop comparing injustice to mk9, but then in the end you compare injustice to streetfighter? Im confused lol

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Was Nightmare SF as much of a douchebag in person as he is when he plays online/types in twitch.tv/pjs_winning? (basically noone there likes him, he makes fun of everyone, calls everyone scrubs, etc. He is now banned from the channel)
I can tell you that he was super nice in person.

Curbo status!?!?

AK Pig Of The Hut

With the hype of MK at EVO and talks of a new patch, could this be MKs resurrection and continue to be at EVO?

Second question: With HSF4AE announced, could this rumored patch for MK be a UMK9? And what are everyones thoughts if that happen? (New characters, fixes, etc.)

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
What are your guys thoughts on changing the standard from 2/3 to 3/5? Do you think 2/3 is to fast and not enough time to fully learn your opponents play? Especially with interactables taking so much health

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
@AK Pig Of The Hut A response to this:

I find it funny that KDZ (Superman) got cheered on at CEO for that same Superman tech/dominance that was showcased at Evo. The only difference at that tourney was the focus at that time was on Scorpion, and how "broken" he was, so Superman was the/a hero to the audience. It also more than likely was because KDZ's Superman was the only one in top 8, and he was wrecking people with him. I find it funny as well how before CEO people were saying "Scorpion makes/would make this game look bad because he is a non-DC character beating everyone," and that now after Evo the rolls have been reversed, and it is a DC character "making this game look bad"...but whatever.

At Evo, Injustice didn't get boo'd by the FGC, Superman got boo'd by a crowd of spectator just how Scorpion was boo'd at CEO. Due to the fact that their were we like 3 or 4 Supermen in top 8 (same case with Scorpion at CEO), everyone was rooting against a Superman taking the win, and that is why it was lacking in hype (IMO). The most un-hype moment was the Superman Mirror, and in contrast tell me (to swtich gears a moment), was the crowd hype in the SF4 final with the Akuma mirror? IMO that air fireball war that was going on in that set was horrible to watch, and it was just as "spammy" as the Superman mirror, but honestly that is besides the point as we aren't talking about SF4 at the moment.

The MKC/Injustice community (and I can only speak as a part of this community as I'm not a part of any other) IMMEDIATELY called for the "normalization" of Superman after Evo because of his dominance (both in use and performance), and whether it is warranted or not (and I'll agree that SM can be a bitch), seriously, is that the first thing that should be brought up when faced with this type of "issue"? Is that the first thought/discussion that should be had?

For this scene to survive IMO I think "leveling up" is needed whole heartedly. That may not be the most popular thing to say, but I think it was the right thing to say. Superman has weakness, and people need to learn them and expliot them. If learning a new character is in order to do so, so be it. I seem to remember one of the hypest moments in the SF4 finals was PR Balrog (who was the hero in the beginning) getting couter picked and put into a "bad match up" and loosing to it. Hakan became the "hero" in that moment, and in that moment people cheered counter picking. Would a switch in "style" have made a differnce in whether or not Injustice GF "looked good"? Probably. But lets keep talking about how counter picking is a bad thing for this game.

Bottom line is more than likely a SM nerf is coming, but more than likely after the nerf has come the "blame" for this game "looking bad" will just shift to a different character.

That is the MKC for ya!

RiverHB

Noob
AK Pig Of The Hut :
Are any of you considering changing mains moving forward? What about picking up alternate characters for the Superman/other match ups now that you have more experience?

Tom Brady said on one of his Scorpion videos: if you're not crying about Scorpion, you'd be crying about Superman. Tom Brady, did you see this Superman shit storm coming?

What mid tier character's stock do you see rising over the course of the next year? What upper tier character's stock will fall? Will it be flavor of the week type stuff with the top tier as it seemed with MK9?

Thoughts on Lex after Evo? I know none of my matches were streamed but I thought my results were pretty good with him
My question is basically the same as this- though I'd also like to add: what are your additional thoughts on the other low-tier characters that appear to be emerging? Bane, Lex, Lobo, Joker, Shazaam.

I think everyone kinda tires of these high-tier characters. Hence the booing at KDZ and cheers when Doomsday landed a hit- people get hyped when they see the underdog winning; everyone wants to see an unexpected character win- and there's so many pro's saying all these characters: Lex,Bane,Lobo,Joker etc are either underrated or "undiscovered", but I seldom hear them back it up, or better yet, use them and prove it.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
For Tom, but open to other opinions:

Do you feel like Aquaman is entirely too predictable, unsafe, and easy to block to remain viable for the foreseeable future?

I feel like people are REALLY starting to level up and figure him out, whereas Aquaman is so simple that he has very little room for any new tech and growth.

Thoughts?

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
It seems to me Injustice was probably the least hype game at Evo this year, at least for the games that were on the main stage. A lot of people have said the gameplay is boring in this game. Why do you think that is and what needs to change?

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I have a question

Why so many players tend to jump from character to character to get wins?
Aren't they supposed to be PRO players? like they can use whatever character they like and win?

From batman to supes, supes to scorp , scorp got nerfed uuu.. back to supes to get some win...

I mean the main reason i dont play Mk in my community anymore is because its now a 3 character game, cyrax KL and Kabal and its SOOO boring,and im afraid this might end up happening with injustice too...

Thats y i respect Chris G, he went all out with his GA and had BA to cover his bad matchups, but hey, at least he did not throw Scorp,cyborg and supes in attempts to get easy wins.... and we all know GA and BA are not exactly easy character to use.

2nd question. Instead of talking about balancing issues, i thin an OFFICIAL TAG MODE should be created for injustice.
Dont you think that Injustice being a Matchup heavy fighting game could achieve some balance with 2 characters instead of 1?...
MK had 8 characters in top 8 at EVO. Also Injustice is basically balanced the same way.