What's new

Injustice Kryptonite Council Wants your questions - Expect a huge show this week

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
AK Pig Of The Hut
This isn't really a question but more like a conversation piece.

1.) The wire-less controller ban. I completely understand WHY they are banned, however I don't understand why tournament officials can't compromise with a modded ps3 controller with the battery removed. I am so sick of having to play with the outdated PS2 wired controller, which many of the competitor's that I met/spoke to at Evo, agreed with. It feels different and I don't train on it. I also forgot the converter at home and was stressed the entire tournament having to rely on other players to let me use their equipment. I know it's my bad for forgetting...but I did have my PS3 controller WITH THE BATTERY REMOVED and the judge said no. This rule needs to change.

2.) Headphones. I remember at last years Evo they had headphones at every station/set up. THIS WAS AMAZING. I can't focus while playing a game on mute with a bunch of hoodlums chit chatting behind me, lol. The only reason I bring this up is because at my first Evo, this luxury was available at every station and I was able to actually hear the game. Playing the game on a muted monitor really affected me, considering I use a lot of audio cues (like Sinestro's Rock) and it was odd playing it with no sound.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
AK Pig Of The Hut
This isn't really a question but more like a conversation piece.

1.) The wire-less controller ban. I completely understand WHY they are banned, however I don't understand why tournament officials can't compromise with a modded ps3 controller with the battery removed. I am so sick of having to play with the outdated PS2 wired controller, which many of the competitor's that I met/spoke to at Evo, agreed with. It feels different and I don't train on it. I also forgot the converter at home and was stressed the entire tournament having to rely on other players to let me use their equipment. I know it's my bad for forgetting...but I did have my PS3 controller WITH THE BATTERY REMOVED and the judge said no. This rule needs to change.

2.) Headphones. I remember at last years Evo they had headphones at every station/set up. THIS WAS AMAZING. I can't focus while playing a game on mute with a bunch of hoodlums chit chatting behind me, lol. The only reason I bring this up is because at my first Evo, this luxury was available at every station and I was able to actually hear the game. Playing the game on a muted monitor really affected me, considering I use a lot of audio cues (like Sinestro's Rock) and it was odd playing it with no sound.
Yeah, I wish the game volume was at least a little louder. I don't know why this game is so damn quiet. Also, I totally agree with the PS3 controller issue. Ones with batteries removed should not be banned. I also prefer the ps3 pad to the ps2 and train on it so I totally feel your pain if they made you switch. I wish PS3 would just let you DISABLE bluetooth.......It would solve everything....

RunwayMafia

Yeah, I wish the game volume was at least a little louder. I don't know why this game is so damn quiet. Also, I totally agree with the PS3 controller issue. Ones with batteries removed should not be banned. I also prefer the ps3 pad to the ps2 and train on it so I totally feel your pain if they made you switch. I wish PS3 would just let you DISABLE bluetooth.......It would solve everything....
Did you go to Evo? The games were absolutely on mute( at the stations, not the main stage)...like no sound at all. It's totally foreign considering there are so many audio cues for punishing/special moves etc.,

Also, I just don't understand why I couldn't use my BATTERY-LESS controller...it was essentially a wired controller. So I ended up using some cheap 2 in 1 Xbox/Ps2 controller against PerfectLegend and I couldn't play for shit...I was so upset that I couldn't use my other controller I DQ'ed myself from the MK tourney.

RiBBz22

Did you go to Evo? The games were absolutely on mute( at the stations, not the main stage)...like no sound at all. It's totally foreign considering there are so many audio cues for punishing/special moves etc.,

Also, I just don't understand why I couldn't use my BATTERY-LESS controller...it was essentially a wired controller. So I ended up using some cheap 2 in 1 Xbox/Ps2 controller against PerfectLegend and I couldn't play for shit...I was so upset that I couldn't use my other controller I DQ'ed myself from the MK tourney.
No cause if I went to EVO you would have seen me in top 8

RiBBz22

Pssht...you are so last season...it's all about PR Balrog....LOVE HIM!
Man, he must just totally play without any pressure in tournaments because I wasn't that impressed with his Frost in his matches. He was letting DJT get away with so much BS for free I was yelling at my monitor. Plus he didn't really take advantage of her cheapest stuff. I really wanted to go to EVO, but I am getting married Saturday and didn't have the vacation to take off for the tournament last weekend and my honeymoon next week. :/

RunwayMafia

Man, he must just totally play without any pressure in tournaments because I wasn't that impressed with his Frost in his matches. He was letting DJT get away with so much BS for free I was yelling at my monitor. Plus he didn't really take advantage of her cheapest stuff. I really wanted to go to EVO, but I am getting married Saturday and didn't have the vacation to take off for the tournament last weekend and my honeymoon next week. :/
Yeah, I hear you. But he is relatively new with Frost and I absolutely love his spacing and fundamentals. Plus he uses 11B2 so well...I don't know...he's the only Frost that made top 8 and I spoke to him at Evo and he's hella cool.

RiBBz22

Yeah, I hear you. But he is relatively new with Frost and I absolutely love his spacing and fundamentals. Plus he uses 11B2 so well...I don't know...he's the only Frost that made top 8 and I spoke to him at Evo and he's hella cool.
I have no doubt. I know Michaelangelo plays with him cause I get to play Mike a lot and he talks about him.

4x4lo8o

Noob
So I ended up using some cheap 2 in 1 Xbox/Ps2 controller against PerfectLegend and I couldn't play for shit...I was so upset that I couldn't use my other controller I DQ'ed myself from the MK tourney.
I was your first opponent in losers bracket. I would have rather played you than gotten the dq win and I had an extra controller/converter I would have let you borrow :(

This was me at Texas Showdown 2012.

No volume, can't hear the announcer say fight or begin, can't react to audio sounds, and honestly, at devastation (remember they had headphones on stream stations), all my matches were streamed, and i had access to headphones and my concentration levels were so high.

At texas showdown, i hear "Yeah, beat mr mileena" "Get him" "look at Sindel spamming"

Annoying, but the hard part was not being able to focus on game volume. I totally agree with you.
Final Round was difficult too.
It doesn't help the asus monitors have shit audio levels too.

RunwayMafia

I was your first opponent in losers bracket. I would have rather played you than gotten the dq win and I had an extra controller/converter I would have let you borrow :(
Aw shit...well fuck me with no lube! I am sorry for the DQ, I was just so upset about the controller situation and the judge denying me using my battery-less controller...and I did ask a few people before we were supposed to play and they said no, somewhat rudely, so I felt so unprepared and inadequate that I just went back to my hotel room. I know how you feel about taking DQ walkovers...I dislike it as well. :( It was just an odd situation that I wasn't prepared for...

RunwayMafia

This was me at Texas Showdown 2012.

No volume, can't hear the announcer say fight or begin, can't react to audio sounds, and honestly, at devastation (remember they had headphones on stream stations), all my matches were streamed, and i had access to headphones and my concentration levels were so high.

At texas showdown, i hear "Yeah, beat mr mileena" "Get him" "look at Sindel spamming"

Annoying, but the hard part was not being able to focus on game volume. I totally agree with you.
Final Round was difficult too.
It doesn't help the asus monitors have shit audio levels too.
Yes! This times 9000! At last years Evo, my focus level so incredibly high BECAUSE I had the headphones and it was like I was in the game. And when it came time to play Mustard in my pools final, there was a large crowd behind us plus two reality show cameras right in my face. If it weren't for the headphones, I would have never taken the first match, as I did, or much less make it competitive.

Without the headphones, I could hear everything around me, plus all the comments being made by people. During winners final of my pool in Injustice, I played Pig, and right behind us was WoundCowboy, basically cheering on/coaching Pig (not really coaching, but saying shit like "watch out for slide....watch out for Ice berg) and I find nothing wrong with that, like I'm not mad at Cowboy or anything, but if there were headphones available, I would have never heard his pro Sinestro bias against low tier Frost, lol. And to be frank, it's really hard to focus while people are rooting against you and they are basically yelling in your ear less than a foot away...

I have a question for you.

Why did you overrate Deathstroke for the past two months only to use every other character but Deathstroke at Evolution 2013?
meh I play too many characters in the cast (but beat top players with my DS in casuals so maybe I could've gave him a go). Also aris got top 16 with DS :p

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yes! This times 9000! At last years Evo, my focus level so incredibly high BECAUSE I had the headphones and it was like I was in the game. And when it came time to play Mustard in my pools final, there was a large crowd behind us plus two reality show cameras right in my face. If it weren't for the headphones, I would have never taken the first match, as I did, or much less make it competitive.

Without the headphones, I could hear everything around me, plus all the comments being made by people. During winners final of my pool in Injustice, I played Pig, and right behind us was WoundCowboy, basically cheering on/coaching Pig (not really coaching, but saying shit like "watch out for slide....watch out for Ice berg) and I find nothing wrong with that, like I'm not mad at Cowboy or anything, but if there were headphones available, I would have never heard his pro Sinestro bias against low tier Frost, lol. And to be frank, it's really hard to focus while people are rooting against you and they are basically yelling in your ear less than a foot away...
I completely agree w u on hearing sinestro boulders

It'd bother me too cause the sound cue is when to dash

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3

lol, sorry for the Sinestro bias :D

MoldMan

Noob
I completely agree w u on hearing sinestro boulders

It'd bother me too cause the sound cue is when to dash
When a deathstroke starts to spam low gunshots at full screen what do you do? I see many sinestro players try zone it out. It never works. How do you feel about that?