What's new

Injustice Kryptonite Council Wants your questions - Expect a huge show this week

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
AK Pig Of The Hut Since my question also went previously unanswered, I still want to know how you feel you can reconcile Injustice's similarities with a broad variety of mid-nineties games that got quite a lot of tournament play and high level competition, against calling it severely flawed and lacking the ability to support and enable high-level play and stratification of player skill. This is sort of related to CrimsonShadow's question anyways, though, so perhaps it will get answered either way.

Edit: I should probably not say "you," because it clearly isn't just strictly you. At least you seem to be willing to entertain the thought, unlike some players...

MrAvA

Smashing.
Am I the only one that thinks that bounce canceling is useless? I personally believe that when you bounce cancel mid combo it should be one meter not two, but when you try to put on pressure it should still be two meters or maybe just one if its not too cheap.

sgZick

Noob
One thing I would kile to have answered by the council is: "What is the unique selling point of Injustice, compared to other fighting games." (not to be mistaken for, why is it better?) What would be the one argument you would use on someone who playes other fihting games or a gamer in general to make him try out Injustice?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
AK Pig Of The Hut i like to hear your guys opinions on how should scorpion be re-normalized that he was changed so much because of the reaction to him on release,
imo id still keep all the tele normalizations but give him back his j3 and buff his trait cooldown to balance the 2nd damage nerf a bit

Li1mightymouse

super-squishii
AK Pig Of The Hut your Sinestro was my favorite highlight of Evo. This question is for you, and possibly the crew if they want to answer. How do you study a matchup days before like say a major. What do you do in practice mode to make sure your ready for a said very hard match up with your character?

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Who do you guys think actually played like they were in MK9 to win? Who do you think deserves props for their performance in the MK9 tourney regardless of the bracket?

Do you guys still think MK9 is over, even if there is another patch as rumored?

Am I gonna see any of you at Summer Jam in Philly next month for IGAU or MK9?

arydious

Noob
@AK Pig Of The Hut
For future NRS games do you you guys think, they should rework the combat system. I think they are spending to much time adding in extra things like clash and interactables and staged rather than fighting. In MK there was just fighting and breakers, so in turn there was more than one combo to perform, and it developed the games fighting mechanics very well.

In Injustice there seems to be one or 2 go to combos with every character and the rest is dodging flying objects or figuring out ways to make un-clashable damage.

I want to say that Injustice is still to new to have the injustice just fighting evolve, but from most of us coming off of MK and playing most of the cast in Injustice I don't see it evolving to far beyond this.

Even Reo says his batman has not changed.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
AK Pig Of The Hut

What was the vibe on the floor? I keep hearing it was a "F23~breath fest" and of course there was booing and hating at the event as well as on social media. Stream was mostly the Usual suspects: Supes, BA, Bats, Aquaman, KF, and GL. Roughly half the cast made an appearance on stream about 1-3 times tops and when they did it was almost always against one of the usual suspects. Many complained that it was a snooze because of this but I'm sure there was much more to EVO than what was on stream, at least I'm hoping so. Was the whole cast repped? Were there standouts not on stream from players to chars and tech? Was there hype?

Since the beginning other communities, including our own, have noted the strentgh of zoning in this game and I'm seeing it more than ever now. All the usual suspects (except maybe frost) and a few others have above average zoning with great chip. Working against it is quite challenging compared to being the one doing it, there is no argument there IMO. I think that's huge when the game is down to the wire and saw that happen several times over from the usual suspects. Is there anything that you guys think should be done in that department to help the game? It seems to drive away players and fans alike, especially when those same chars also have fantastic rushdown.

Of course I'm interested to hear all your opinions on potential changes, existing and maybe upcoming normalizations etc.

Also hoping to see council tier/MU list sometime in the future.

GrundyFox

I will spit on your tomb!
My question is a simple one: How can they truly - substantially - improve a game with such a simplistic fighting engine.

I'd be interested in ideas.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
AK Pig Of The Hut

What was the vibe on the floor? I keep hearing it was a "F23~breath fest" and of course there was booing and hating at the event as well as on social media. Stream was mostly the Usual suspects: Supes, BA, Bats, Aquaman, KF, and GL. Roughly half the cast made an appearance on stream about 1-3 times tops and when they did it was almost always against one of the usual suspects. Many complained that it was a snooze because of this but I'm sure there was much more to EVO than what was on stream, at least I'm hoping so. Was the whole cast repped? Were there standouts not on stream from players to chars and tech? Was there hype?

Since the beginning other communities, including our own, have noted the strentgh of zoning in this game and I'm seeing it more than ever now. All the usual suspects (except maybe frost) and a few others have above average zoning with great chip. Working against it is quite challenging compared to being the one doing it, there is no argument there IMO. I think that's huge when the game is down to the wire and saw that happen several times over from the usual suspects. Is there anything that you guys think should be done in that department to help the game? It seems to drive away players and fans alike, especially when those same chars also have fantastic rushdown.

Of course I'm interested to hear all your opinions on potential changes, existing and maybe upcoming normalizations etc.

Also hoping to see council tier/MU list sometime in the future.
These are great questions

Vagrant

Noob
AK Pig Of The Hut

Theres a few things I'd like you to talk a bit about

Dat Martian Manhunter reveal: what did you guys think?

Flash: He's been buffed nearly every patch and seems like one of the new powerhouses in injustice. I think people are starting to realize this now. Incoming bandwagon?

Batgirl: Are players playing her to her full potential yet? I say no but I wasn't there on the floor watching all the matches off stream.
Also I think we're all dying to know... How does Dave feel about Deathstrokes low gun shot nerf? Be very curious to hear his thoughts on the change.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
How does REO feel about getting second place again on the main stage for MK9? Does he feel like the competition has leveled up even more? Was Kabal the right choice against Cyrax? What happened in the Injustice top 8 with him? It seemed like he wasn't really in to it. How does he feel about Injustice now and it's future?

Pig, will you be sticking with Sinestro or will your sole focus be on Zod now? What are your main qualms with Injustice? Are you happy with your placement in Injustice? Has your hunger to do well in MK9 completely depleted? Are you more of an Orange or Apple kinda guy?

How does Tom feel about his placement in Injustice? Was he mega emo? Any thoughts on a character switch for him? Will he be entering any MK9 tournaments in the future? Just to have fun with the game and support it further. Maybe pick up a top tier character or something. Or does he still care about what people think if he loses or wins? We all know you're a top player, Tom, even if you don't truly believe it. Also why do you not wear dress pants with that stylin suit and tie getup? Why jeans? Just a jeans sorta guy?

AK Pig Of The Hut

Without adjusting any specific character directly (no nerfs, no buffs) what would it take for Injustice to be Hype like Marvel? Or, if that absolutely requires an adjustment to a specific character, why that character, and what will prevent a new character from taking Scorpion/Supermans place?

I'm just going to pour my thoughts out.

Why do people keep trying to mold this game into MK9? Saying, it's not like MK9s, AAs, Footsies, Spacing, etc. Maybe if you'd stop trying to mold it to MK9 than you'd stop fucking losing and whining.

Are there DP anti-airs in Marvel? Do Capcom players keep saying why can't they play footsies in Marvel like SF?

Why can Marvel deal with bullshit but this community can't?

Have you noticed a trend that the only time MK players talk shit on Injustice is when they lose in IGAU? And it's only MK players talking shit from what I see...why is that...

Also, stop comparing the execution of Superman to justify the top 8 at EVO. "This player got top 8 with Superman in Injustice but you can't do that with a top tier character in SF! It requires execution!". Do you not fucking realize at the core NRS games are braindead in execution regardless? So no matter what top tier character, they're going to be easy to use to a well versed FG player, NRS games aren't even about execution, so stop comparing it and saying "No one would get top 8 with a 1 week Akuma in SF!", no they won't because Capcom games aren't designed with braindead execution, albeit it's easy compared to their previous work, but compared to NRS games it's miles ahead in execution.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I'm just going to pour my thoughts out.

Why do people keep trying to mold this game into MK9? Saying, it's not like MK9s, AAs, Footsies, Spacing, etc. Maybe if you'd stop trying to mold it to MK9 than you'd stop fucking losing and whining.

Are there DP anti-airs in Marvel? Do Capcom players keep saying why can't they play footsies in Marvel like SF?

Why can Marvel deal with bullshit but this community can't?
Different games. Pretty much every char has air mobility, there's air blocking, pushblocking, etc.

You don't AA in Marvel because it isn't designed to play that way.

In injustice you need to AA for the game to make sense, and you can't.