What's new

Injustice Kryptonite Council Podcast Episode 3 Feat: Tom Brady, Reo, Pig of the Hut, M2dave

I think myself and Dizzy made a combined total of 10 posts saying Deathstroke was a top tier character and to stop the DS downplaying. This is obviously comparable to you leading a campaign to get a character BANNED.
if you and dizzy never made a thread saying "kenshi should be banned", I know yall wouldn't want DS banned lol.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I think myself and Dizzy made a combined total of 10 posts saying Deathstroke was a top tier character and to stop the DS downplaying. This is obviously comparable to you leading a campaign to get a character BANNED.
I did not lead anything. If I had the power to influence 75% of the community to do something, I would ask them to ignore Scorpion and request that NRS provide Deathstroke with the old low gunshots. The ban campaign started when players like Alucard, Floe, and many others threatened to quit the game because of Scorpion. Tom Brady coined the "MB teleport breaks the game" argument and I agreed and still do. As far as you and Dizzy are concerned, you two only lead a "normalize Deathstroke" campaign.

Also, whoever said pre-patch Deathstroke was not a top tier character? I always said he was top 5 if not even top 3. I never downplay my characters. My mentality is the more top tier characters the better. It means that down the road we will see more character diversity and variety and less of Aquaman, Batman, and Superman.

Nori Batousai, can you stop whining? You are not on my ignore list. Nobody is. I just do not have the time to address every single point in this thread. http://testyourmight.com/members/nori-batousai.1068/

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Nori Batousai, can you stop whining? You are not on my ignore list. Nobody is. I just do not have the time to address every single point in this thread.
Nobody is whining, I'm not you. I respond to your posts and never get a response, simple as that. I ask questions all the time on why your brain functions the way it does and I don't get a response so I assume you had me on ignore. Carry on

Benjustice

International Man of Missed Combos
My argument had nothing to do with Deathstroke.

But I am happy that he was normalized and I still believe he was ban worthy and I am not apologizing to anybody because nobody apologized to me when my character was normalized.
I dunno Mr. Dave, it still seems like alot of your problems stem from salt over Deathstroke nerfs.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I did not lead anything. If I had the power to influence 75% of the community to do something, I would ask them to ignore Scorpion and request that NRS provide Deathstroke with the old low gunshots. The ban campaign started when players like Alucard, Floe, and many others threatened to quit the game because of Scorpion. Tom Brady coined the "MB teleport breaks the game" argument and I agreed and still do. As far as you and Dizzy are concerned, you two only lead a "normalize Deathstroke" campaign.

Also, whoever said pre-patch Deathstroke was not a top tier character? I always said he was top 5 if not even top 3. I never downplay my characters. My mentality is the more top tier characters the better. It means that down the road we will see more character diversity and variety and less of Aquaman, Batman, and Superman.

Nori Batousai, can you stop whining? You are not on my ignore list. Nobody is. I just do not have the time to address every single point in this thread.

Get out of here, David. I doubt you even knew what the buttons did in IGAU until low gun shots got nerfed.

My character keeps getting normalized and I don't care. Stop whining and going on vengeance crusades.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Get out of here, David. I doubt you even knew what the buttons did in IGAU until low gun shots got nerfed.

My character keeps getting normalized and I don't care. Stop whining and going on vengeance crusades.
I would not care either if low gunshots' chip damage were reduced and the recovery changed by 3-4 frames. These changes would have been reasonable. Not this 10 more recovery frames garbage.

Killer Frost's meta game has almost been the same since April 16th. Slide is safe. f+3 is safe. She can reset and put the opponent in a deadly albeit less damaging 50/50 mix up. So not much has changed. And if slide were to be -15 tomorrow, I would be the first one to support you because I do not enjoy seeing characters being ruined.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The "we should all be top tiers" creates a game of pure MU's.... because someone will be totally designed as a rushdown and another keepout.

Why not make the design "everyone midtier" so that they all have flaws that can be exposed?

KF just got normalized into this category. Grundy was normalized into it. DS was normalized into it. Aquaman is still the poster boy for being the most balanced fighter in the game. His trait covers his playstyle.

Why can't everyone simply fall along those lines? Why do we have to have all Kabals? Why can't we have all Kitana's? I Just don't understand the mentality here.

Benjustice

International Man of Missed Combos
Why do we only seem to want nerfs and bans? Why don't we request buffs to characters that need them and leave the good characters alone?

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
Jeez I feel like I just watched The View. You guys treat opinions as facts and rarely question yourselves. It wouldn't be a problem if a lot of people here didn't blindly accept your viewpoints as facts.

Major props to Pig for swallowing his pride for a moment though.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The "we should all be top tiers" creates a game of pure MU's.... because someone will be totally designed as a rushdown and another keepout.

Why not make the design "everyone midtier" so that they all have flaws that can be exposed?

KF just got normalized into this category. Grundy was normalized into it. DS was normalized into it. Aquaman is still the poster boy for being the most balanced fighter in the game. His trait covers his playstyle.

Why can't everyone simply fall along those lines? Why do we have to have all Kabals? Why can't we have all Kitana's? I Just don't understand the mentality here.
Wait a minute...

Did you just seriously call Killer Frost a mid tier character and Aquaman the most balanced?

I just want to make sure before I pronounce you as the biggest fool on TYM.

Why do we only seem to want nerfs and bans? Why don't we request buffs to characters that need them and leave the good characters alone?
3-4 patches too late.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?

Why not make the design "everyone midtier" so that they all have flaws that can be exposed
To be honest, it's a lot easier to make everybody overpowered than it is giving everybody a distinct weakness. I've honestly never seen a single FG do it. If everybody is strong, nobody can really complain about tiers too much. This is hard to do, but making every sort of "mid" tier is even harder

Benjustice has the right idea

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele

Facepalm_gif.gif

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Wait a minute...

Did you just seriously call Killer Frost a mid tier character and Aquaman the most balanced?

I just want to make sure before I pronounce you as the biggest fool on TYM.

3-4 patches too late.
Regardless..... in this game.... Aquaman is great. His glaring weakness is that he can't put you in stupid 50/50 guessing without taking a huge risk now. However, his trait covers his ass ONCE, but then not again. How exactly is that not fair? It is almost flawless character design. Deny it all you want... but it is true. He is what every character SHOULD look like in respect to how they are designed. His best opening tool is unsafe but you have to respect it (because of the damage) which opens up different things and creates mind games. His "power" covers the unsafeness .... but he won't always have it, and some characters can launch him anyway.

Certain characters right now do not suffer this. They simply have ONE thing that is just SO good, there is no reason to ever use anything else. This in turn DISPLAYS as scrubbiness. Am I wrong? Isn't this what you called Scorpion? What everyone felt DS was? What KF is thought about? I mean.... we have record of what you say... and how it is implied.

I don't mind being called a fool for someone who paraded about banning a character or asking for nerfs because HIS character was nerfed. That is like being called a butt head by your 5 year old child. Funny thing... the character you bitch about the most... was NERFED and the player who mains her with the most scrutiny.... complained 0%.

and for the record.... I think safe standing reset 50/50's are unfair in ANY fighting game... and should never exist. KF and Batgirl IMHO should both be banned simply because of it. There is no skill involved in resetting a situation over and over. It is simply flipping a coin and when I guess right... we get to flip again..... and when you guess right you get to punch me in the balls.

but i'll stay foolish over here not asking for nerfs and buffs.... just playing the game and trying to deal.

Alright, I may be some no named guy with nothing but a bunch of love for MK/Injustice, but it's time to speak. Last week, I went on amazon and bought a copy of SSF4AE. It's sitting here, in my collection, like a last resort pistol to put in my mouth when this community lies in a rubble that will make Doomsday's victory screen look like disneyland. I don't want to get back into street fighter. Much respect for it, and love watching it, but it's the flavor of NRS games that drives me to stick with them. I'm a busy man, as we all are..........I work six days a week, and I train (not for video games) at least three nights a week. But what's happening on these forums and in this community is appalling. I've only ever competed in one tournament. It was around launch of Injustice at Yestercades in Red Bank, NJ. I was there for MK...which was advertised, but there was an overwhelming audience for injustice, so I figured, 'hell, I'll just try and have fun. Drove all the way here anyway.' I did have fun (played a bad flash, but won a couple) and that's what matters. My only real criticism of the event would have been that it seems as though weak players (which I was) are almost....frowned upon? Wouldn't everyone rather have bodies in a tournament, good or bad, than low population? I mainly place this on Tom Brady, who was at the event. And while I have much respect for his play, and could be completely wrong, that's just the vibe he gives. The only reason I even mention this tourney is just to say, "I try guys." I wish I had the time to go all over the country like these dudes and play at the drop of a hat, but I don't. I'm more than happy to contribute when I can.
NOW THOUGH, I feel obligated. What the hell is happening? These guys, who I love watching on stream are now...weeping! You've become the nu-metal of metal lol...Tom, sorry to pick on you, but you went from shouting "He breaks the mechanics of the game!" to "I don't want to hear another word about scorpion," at CEO. I turned to Stevo and said, "Wow, did NRS call this dude up and say 'If you keep complaining about scorpion, we'll kill your family.'? "Is he banging someone at NRS?" All I'm asking is for some explanation on that 180. It's just too much. Like most have said, only one who deserves respect right now is Pig.
I'm ranting a bit, I'm sorry. But now I feel like it's mandatory to step up and go compete. Don't know whether that's good or bad. In closing, will any member who knows of tournaments in the NJ area within the coming months please let me know? Thanks. Rachel asked me what we should do now with this community. We should rebuild it, brick for brick.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Also, do you believe it is fair that a "low mid tier" character like The Flash keeps receiving buffs in every patch?
Now this I can agree with you on... why do they keep buffing Flash?

The Flash is officially the MK9 Jax of Injustice! What's next, he will get a 1 frame full screen dash?

Justice

Noob
Hooookaaaayyy....

For starters, general m2dave You really gotta get off the low guns adjustment. Yes I called it an "adjustment" cuz I really don't think it actually hurt DS all that much. What it DID do, was force people to stop with the braindead gun spam and actually play the game. Yes dood, you actually do have to get in people's faces and throw a punch or two occasionally now. The big thing this adjustment did was take away DS's full screen frame trap. If any other character had a full screen frame trap, you'd be all high and mighty about it, screaming for nerfs and bans and you bloody well know it. Just because it happened to your beloved braindead zoning character, you gotta whine and bitch about it? Get real.

The issue was never about Scorpion being ST Akuma unbeatable, but him being ST Akuma rule-breaking. Pre-patch Scorpion was beatable. As @GGA 16 Bit demonstrated, Catwoman players have had little to fear from the firey psycho since like Day 2. A character having a horizontal teleport that is too fast to react to in a back-to-block game (day one, the tele-punch was almost fast enough to kombo into itself. I tried...). Now I saw the vid that someone posted of another game with a similar situation. First off, using Marvel to prove any point is well... not helping your case any. Second, while not everyone has that particular forceball setup, the tech rolling IS a universal mechanic in that game and therefore, part of the "rules".

I remember someone using the argument of LeBron James a while back. No, he shouldn't be banned from basketball because he's too good. What Scorpion does tho is he adds a linebacker from football into basketball to defend the net. Now, can LeBron James find a way to deal with the linebacker? Of course, but why should he have to. That's making the game unnecessarily difficult but adding an element not originally intended to the game. So yes, I don't care how much you buff, nerf, or "normalize" Scorpion, he needs to be banned.

While reading this thread, I had a thought: What if the 4th dlc was Power Girl and they gave her Scorpion's Tele punch? I wonder how we would have reacted to that....

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Hooookaaaayyy....

For starters, general m2dave You really gotta get off the low guns adjustment. Yes I called it an "adjustment" cuz I really don't think it actually hurt DS all that much. What it DID do, was force people to stop with the braindead gun spam and actually play the game. Yes dood, you actually do have to get in people's faces and throw a punch or two occasionally now. The big thing this adjustment did was take away DS's full screen frame trap. If any other character had a full screen frame trap, you'd be all high and mighty about it, screaming for nerfs and bans and you bloody well know it. Just because it happened to your beloved braindead zoning character, you gotta whine and bitch about it? Get real.

The issue was never about Scorpion being ST Akuma unbeatable, but him being ST Akuma rule-breaking. Pre-patch Scorpion was beatable. As @GGA 16 Bit demonstrated, Catwoman players have had little to fear from the firey psycho since like Day 2. A character having a horizontal teleport that is too fast to react to in a back-to-block game (day one, the tele-punch was almost fast enough to kombo into itself. I tried...). Now I saw the vid that someone posted of another game with a similar situation. First off, using Marvel to prove any point is well... not helping your case any. Second, while not everyone has that particular forceball setup, the tech rolling IS a universal mechanic in that game and therefore, part of the "rules".

I remember someone using the argument of LeBron James a while back. No, he shouldn't be banned from basketball because he's too good. What Scorpion does tho is he adds a linebacker from football into basketball to defend the net. Now, can LeBron James find a way to deal with the linebacker? Of course, but why should he have to. That's making the game unnecessarily difficult but adding an element not originally intended to the game. So yes, I don't care how much you buff, nerf, or "normalize" Scorpion, he needs to be banned.

While reading this thread, I had a thought: What if the 4th dlc was Power Girl and they gave her Scorpion's Tele punch? I wonder how we would have reacted to that....
Irrelevant; Power Girl can't teleport. Bahahahaha =P
Good shit though man, I agree.

Matix218

Get over here!
Hooookaaaayyy....

Lbsh

If there was another character with a full screen frame trap Dave would be playing that character, not complaining about it LOL.

No disrespect but just keeping it real

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I did not lead anything. If I had the power to influence 75% of the community to do something, I would ask them to ignore Scorpion and request that NRS provide Deathstroke with the old low gunshots.
I would much rather have DS's old +17 sword spin back then the old lgs, but that's just me. :tonyt

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Stop with this bullshit Dave, don't compare Scorps with Deathstroke anymore. Deathtroke is a footsies based character that was always played in the wrong way, he always had options beyond low gun but were not used because players like you just downplaying him. This is not the Scorpion case. He has one of the worst walking speed and backdash, a lot of unsafe moves, low damage and high risk for almost no reward only because whiners like you want revenge for not being able to sit your butt at full screen and spamming projectiles infinitely and then raise the banner of "zoning master" when it should raise the "spamming master".

Scorpion don't have any tools to change his gameplan because NRS/community worried too much on making him useless rather than balance him according to game mechanics. Meanwhile other tops use and abuse their tools, that doesn't sound balanced. If he had other not used tools [like DS] that could change his gameplan it's ok, but this will not happen because there is no "lab" when you don't have tools to analyze.

NRS forgot to improve other Scorps bad aspects that forced his game plan to be based on j3/tele. If he had better damage scaling, if he had any safe launcher, if he had better walkspeed and backdash, if he had at least one string positive on block, if he had some other shit that could make your gameplan change [like DS], then the tele nerf would be good.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Justice, full screen frame trap? What full screen frame trap? Everybody but two characters could block low gunshots and dash forward. You fools do not even know what made Deathstroke top tier. Stop posting about something you know nothing about.