What's new

Injustice Kryptonite Council Podcast Episode 3 Feat: Tom Brady, Reo, Pig of the Hut, M2dave

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Kryptonite Council Pod Cast Episode 3 Feat Pig of the Hut, REO, Tom Brady + M2dave
Episode 3. The boys return in what has become of the most talked about Mortal Kombat/Injustice community casts. Join up with top, high level players as they all discuss the most recent and hottest issues including the "Scorpion fallout" and much more.

Topics Covered
- CEO review
- Placements (pig 9th- tom 9th - reo - dave didnt attend)
- Why Did Reo not use Scorpion in top 8
- Evo self predicitons and confidence
- Scorpion fallout
- Patch Notes
- Green Arrow Downplayers
- Flash Downplayers
- KRYPTONIAN MYTH BUSTERS (Throwing frost on reaction, Lifting frost on reaction)
- Worst/Best Character Forums
- And then the real Scorpion discussion (Sorry for the rant on scorpion but its just confusing to talk about -pig )
- Low Gun Shots
- Stories from CEO including Tom's MMs, 16 bit vs pig hollywood contest,

Clarification: Mop Stop is for breaking news and events of urgency where as the Kryptonite Council Pod Cast is for our weekly pod cast yet all is one.

edited by STORMS*

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Cool, was hoping you guys would get something up this week. Haven't listened yet (as it was just posted) but I expect this to be interesting.
I swear to god though I really don't want to hear REO and Tom try and make excuses for REO switching off Scorpion for Top 8. It sounded phony as shit in the stream.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Also, this convo would've really benefit from someone who represents a true counter argument to "Scorpion breaks the game" like 16-bit, Slips, or Chris G.

Also AK Pig Of The Hut, 9th in Injustice at a major is still REALLY FUCKING GOOD. Don't mind fuck yourself by being overly critical of your performance in a way that you're personalizing it. Learn from your losses, step back from the emotion of it, and you'll improve.

Man, I feel like Tom and Reo need a pep talk after listening to the first 30 minutes of this.

Reo: Level up your Batman. Back him up with Superman.
Tom: Find a character to backup Aquaman.

@Tom, I think the reason you are feeling like you 'got worse' is because Aquaman has been changed so much.

I feel like this game at high level revolves around unfuzziable 50/50's (flip a coin). Aquaman used to be able to safely put you in those situations but is now taking a risk for using his low options.

It is very difficult to balance risk/reward with that character and at the end of the day, I hate to say it, but it is a matter of guessing right or wrong. Take away Aquaman's trait, where would you put him on the tier-list?

I still can't tell at this point if this is a fundamental flaw in the games design (there are several characters that seem to be built around this premise), or if the game will truly evolve in a way that we don't expect.

I think overall a lot of these patches have been a step in the right direction. Hopefully by the time the game is relatively left alone, it is a game that everyone likes.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
For the record I do not say Killer Frost vs. Bane is a 5-5 MU. I have no idea. The reason we were playing was MU exp. I just don't want anyone parroting that it's "officially a 5-5 mu".

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So much Bane hate lol...
We are the most discussed forum, and we get new tech coming out while everyone is just now picking up our week 1 stuff.
:cool: Also "Even Chris G could get Bane to win?" Sheesh...

EDIT: With the recent changes to our stuff and some new tech discovery, it could be a 5-5 but I wouldn't know for sure. The d.2 bonus definitely helps though.

chores

bad at things
i think most WW players know that the corner otg should probably go. her corner game is still one of the best without it. 95% of posts on the WW forum are either tech sharing or Q&A. i dont know how its considered a bad forum when tons of other characters have 30 page threads about soap opera topics 'why does bane have to be a bad character' or that psycho dude posting flash tech every other day only to have it insta-confirmed as known since day 1 and useless

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
i think most WW players know that the corner otg should probably go. her corner game is still one of the best without it. 95% of posts on the WW forum are either tech sharing or Q&A. i dont know how its considered a bad forum when tons of other characters have 30 page threads about soap opera topics 'why does bane have to be a bad character' or that psycho dude posting flash tech every other day only to have it insta-confirmed as known since day 1 and useless
The Bane forum denies any affiliation with SuperSayianYoshi and have promptly disowned him after the first moments of his existence upon our lands. :cool:

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
REO: "What does Deathstroke's low gunshots have anything to do with the Scorpion discussion.""

m2Dave: "Well it's related...because..."

REO: "So, you had to get Scorpion nerfed because you were butthurt over the low gunshot nerf?"

m2Dave: "Kinda, yeah."

Jesus...fucking...christ.

Also Tom craving approval at that level makes me think dude has self-esteem issues. The community can't "make you feel" anything, you as an individual decide on how/what you feel.
Tom if you feel that you're being discredited when you beat people because you're using Aquaman or get eliminated early in a tournament somehow equating to you "sucking at Injustice"...YOU decide if you believe that or not. Why does it matter anyhow? Fuck the haters, don't personalize the bullshit, and keep doing your thing.