What's new

Injustice Kryptonite Council Podcast Episode 3 Feat: Tom Brady, Reo, Pig of the Hut, M2dave

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Maybe stop calling everybody who disagrees w/you a fool, that might be a start
I will not because these people do not know what they are talking about.

Freddy's glove/fingers -> far spike is a frame trap.

Deathstroke's low gunshots -> high shots is not a frame trap and never was unless your character was Lex Luthor or Green Lantern.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I will not because these people do not know what they are talking about.

Freddy's glove/fingers -> far spike is a frame trap.

Deathstroke's low gunshots -> high shots is not a frame trap and never was unless your character was Lex Luthor or Green Lantern.
This is exactly why people dislike you. You can be a "top player" and disagree w/people. However, constantly antagonizing people and admitting you do nothing wrong 100% of the time, it's impossible to have any serious adult discussion w/you.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Okay does no one see the information I post in the Aquaman forum? Tom blowing up the Aquaman forums for having no info. I posted like a 20 minute video on the nightwing matchup. I am trying to make it a place with tons of information, but half the people just ignore it. Idk man....

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Regardless..... in this game.... Aquaman is great. His glaring weakness is that he can't put you in stupid 50/50 guessing without taking a huge risk now. However, his trait covers his ass ONCE, but then not again. How exactly is that not fair? It is almost flawless character design. Deny it all you want... but it is true. He is what every character SHOULD look like in respect to how they are designed. His best opening tool is unsafe but you have to respect it (because of the damage) which opens up different things and creates mind games. His "power" covers the unsafeness .... but he won't always have it, and some characters can launch him anyway.

Certain characters right now do not suffer this. They simply have ONE thing that is just SO good, there is no reason to ever use anything else. This in turn DISPLAYS as scrubbiness. Am I wrong? Isn't this what you called Scorpion? What everyone felt DS was? What KF is thought about? I mean.... we have record of what you say... and how it is implied.

I don't mind being called a fool for someone who paraded about banning a character or asking for nerfs because HIS character was nerfed. That is like being called a butt head by your 5 year old child. Funny thing... the character you bitch about the most... was NERFED and the player who mains her with the most scrutiny.... complained 0%.

and for the record.... I think safe standing reset 50/50's are unfair in ANY fighting game... and should never exist. KF and Batgirl IMHO should both be banned simply because of it. There is no skill involved in resetting a situation over and over. It is simply flipping a coin and when I guess right... we get to flip again..... and when you guess right you get to punch me in the balls.

but i'll stay foolish over here not asking for nerfs and buffs.... just playing the game and trying to deal.
You are totally off base here. Aquaman's trait does not cover his ass ONCE, it respawns every 8 seconds. Secondly, Aquaman's trait DOES shut down a lot of the cast. For example, as Catwoman she relies on her 50/50's and oki game. All of this becomes completely nullified by his trait, which is why it is more than likely her worst MU. You add the fact that all his BnBs do around 40% and Aquaman is not "mid" tier, he is an undeniable top tier character. And before you say "You just haven't played him enough", I play against an Aquaman 3-4 times a week 50 or so games per night. If you want to see the Aquaman look up IceColdEdge vs. Alex Valle at CEO,.

Banning characters because of brainless 50/50s is stupid. Superman has brainless F23breath, should we ban him? Aquaman has a get out of jail free card on most launchers, should we ban him? What about Wonderwoman with her OTG corner BS, should we ban her? These things are only brainless if your opponent allows you to play brainless. 50/50s are not new to fighting games, hell safe ones are not either.

I do agree with your mentality of playing the game and trying to deal though. I just had to respond to the Aqua point.

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
man the part with reo and m2dave going back and forth is hilarious. anyway man this game in terms of balance and gameplay aesthetic just has a core issue fundamentally that leads to certain things happening. that is at its core, its built as a traditional 2d fighting game, i.e. with relatively limited options in terms of movement, defense, etc. when you take that foundation and then put in characters with crazy and unique abilities, you create an extremely match-up based game. not only in balance, but in how you play specific matches, because a lot hinges on if a particular character has the specific tools to deal with something very specific another character is doing. its all very silly.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
You are totally off base here. Aquaman's trait does not cover his ass ONCE, it respawns every 8 seconds. Secondly, Aquaman's trait DOES shut down a lot of the cast. For example, as Catwoman she relies on her 50/50's and oki game. All of this becomes completely nullified by his trait, which is why it is more than likely her worst MU. You add the fact that all his BnBs do around 40% and Aquaman is not "mid" tier, he is an undeniable top tier character. And before you say "You just haven't played him enough", I play against an Aquaman 3-4 times a week 50 or so games per night. If you want to see the Aquaman look up IceColdEdge vs. Alex Valle at CEO,.

Banning characters because of brainless 50/50s is stupid. Superman has brainless F23breath, should we ban him? Aquaman has a get out of jail free card on most launchers, should we ban him? What about Wonderwoman with her OTG corner BS, should we ban her? These things are only brainless if your opponent allows you to play brainless. 50/50s are not new to fighting games, hell safe ones are not either.

I do agree with your mentality of playing the game and trying to deal though. I just had to respond to the Aqua point.
But again.... we can move the time in regards to the trait... my point wasn't about him in regards to playing against said character. And even if it were... the ONLY thing we would be discussing in that MU is how long it takes for the trait to recover. That would be the main focus with Aquaman and all of his MU's. See where i'm going?

It was in regards to his character as a whole and how it was built. There are characters in this game that feel like they are fully built..... and then there are characters that feel like they started and just forgot about them. But everyone just see's "THIS CHARACTER MOPS UP MY CHARACTER MUST MAKE THAT A POINT".

My 50/50 comment is on a standing reset. Not neutral game or KD 50/50.
and Yeah..... maybe my mentality on them being "banned" is a bit extreme..... and yeah I think the OTG nonsense needs to be gone as well. But all the other stuff you have a chance to defend against and/or create offense against. My comment is more on the fact of in Injustice where everyone does combo's that KD.... there are people that dont' follow that..... and are REWARDED MORE for not doing it.

At this point we are all just bitching and not accomplishing anything anyway.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
You gotta love Tom's impressions of the naysayer downplayers:
"Level up dog."
"Too bad for you.You mop them up, see you at grand finals"
*Rapist whisper* Shut the fuck up! You use AQUAMAAAAYN!"

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
lol so all four of them were wrong about scorpion. I'm glad I didn't blindly take their word for it, but instead made up my own mind. Turns out PL and Slips were right all along.

After listening to this podcast, I'm embarrassed to say that I actually play this game! These are the so called "pros" that represent the game? You all sound like a bunch of babies! Reo! are you serious? you want people to apologize to you because you didn't win CEO with Scorpion? Give your head a shake. This podcast should be nerf'd! So sad.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Get anyone who actually knows what they're talking about rather than cry and proclaim themselves "leaders" of the community.

Tang94

Confirmed Seeker
My favorite quote from the episode:
"Before you go to sleep, do you check under the bed for 'low gunshot nerfs?'"
-REO

That was freakin' hilarious!

Flagg

Noob
This podcast has shown that no one really knows anything about the game. I mean it was like these 4 guys, bar Brady, were surprised that Bane was good. That Harley is good. That Scorpion may or may not of have been broke.

It's like they have brought MK 9 tier list theory mentality to Injustice.

In a years time, the tier list for this game will be dramatically different.

Flagg

Noob
Perhaps people that play multiple platform games like Chris G, PL are just better than MK purists.

Since when has M2Dave been a "Top Player" in Injustice?

Wtf has he done?

Shit after today I will have more tournament credit than M2Dave in Injustice...that's saying something.
It's part of the Top Player in MK = Top Player in Injustice mentality, which is getting a lot of these players blown up.

I read through all these comments hoping to find some kinda tech related to the characters discussed, but holy shit can you guys talk a lot a bout nothing.

I understand the fears of trying to learn a game with the possibility of the "end game" product being imbalanced. Luckily, most players including myself, will never be affected by them. As stated before, balancing the game around the mass of players is a mistake. I would guess that more than half of the people that complained about scorpion did not have one to train against. I do not have much scorpion experience and can only go off of match vids. He is a different character, but he is a fair character if you look at him from a risk reward perspective. It is true he is an awkward character to get used to, but it is not like his telepunch is safe on block. You should not and cannot base your game upon the idea that an opponent will not know how to block.

I did want a nerf for scorpion in one category though, I think his air whiff cancel is too strong to bait counters. By itself it would not be a problem, however the move is a swiss army knife and has too many situations where it shines antizone, interactable control, anti air, standing 50/50 setup. There should be a level of commitment to use the move. What people are failing to understand is that the left right block itself is not the problem (even though they think it is). It is the fact that he can mercilessly threaten you with jumpins and punish AA attempts. In most cases the best option would be to air to air trade or stuff, but Scorpion denies that option for obvious reasons. However, since the recent nerfs he almost needs this dimension of play to stay relevant.

Short version - play the game out and support the game enough that they would be willing to do expansions or overhaul patches once a year. There will always be upper echelon characters, pick one or deal with it.