What's new

Injustice Kryptonite Council Podcast Episode 1 Feat: Tom Brady, Reo, Pig of the Hut, M2dave

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
aye that's just an opinion, no fact there. Until EVERYONE believes he is just pure brokenness and he can't be beat, then i'll agree. I love how ppl are just pretty much saying scorpion players dnt need any skill, they can just do what they want and just win just like that. GGA Slips, what do you have to say about scorpion? I must know.
Scorpion is cheap. As is all high mobility characters in any fighting game. Speed simply kills some players. High mobility characters always break the rules of the game. Vega in ST certainly didn't play by the rules. Millia in Guilty Gear having multiple air dashes and hair pin projectile certainly doesn't play by the rules. Wesker in MvC certainly doesn't care about rules. Playing against Shiek/Fox/Falco in SSB: Melee it surely felt like they didn't care about what you did either. They played their game and you had to beat them at their own game. Thats usually why these character types either a) didn't do a lot of damage (like Scorp) or b) they took a lot of damage. (Like Millia, Vega, Akuma in SF: Alpha 3, Seth in SF4, ect.). Its probably why it took so long for people to adjust to KL in MK9 even after he got "normalized".

I agree with Reo in that he is easily top 10 material. Possibly top 5. But its not a no-brainer like a lot of people make it out to be. He has bad match-ups. It'll take awhile for people to get used to him though so we need to cash in while we can. ;)

Scorpion is cheap. As is all high mobility characters in any fighting game. Speed simply kills some players. High mobility characters always break the rules of the game. Vega in ST certainly didn't play by the rules. Millia in Guilty Gear having multiple air dashes and hair pin projectile certainly doesn't play by the rules. Wesker in MvC certainly doesn't care about rules. Playing against Shiek/Fox/Falco in SSB: Melee it surely felt like they didn't care about what you did either. They played their game and you had to beat them at their own game. Thats usually why these character types either a) didn't do a lot of damage (like Scorp) or b) they took a lot of damage. (Like Millia, Vega, Akuma in SF: Alpha 3, Seth in SF4, ect.). Its probably why it took so long for people to adjust to KL in MK9 even after he got "normalized".

I agree with Reo in that he is easily top 10 material. Possibly top 5. But its not a no-brainer like a lot of people make it out to be. He has bad match-ups. It'll take awhile for people to get used to him though so we need to cash in while we can. ;)
that's some great info, and I agree 100%. He is definitely top 10/ top 5, he is dirty, and ppl are going to have trouble adjusting to his gameplay without a doubt. Heck yeah we got to cash in, EVO here we come!!!! lol scorpions unite. P.S: man I never knew why ppl complained about lao so much, I always bodied him ;) haha. I say this is the best post of this thread hands down.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Mr Mileena is trolling you and Runway doesn't even main Frost. There is no way Frost has 6 bad MU's...how dafuq can you take that seriously. I think your Frost hate is affecting your ability to reason/function.

I am 100% confident she loses to Black Adam (regardless of stage) and that is probably it right now. Scorpion is too new to put a match up number on I need more experience. Hawkgirl is annoying, but there is no way that I would say that she loses the match-up, although I could see it being a 5-5.

SCREW IT HERE IS MY MATCHUP CHART (RIBBZ ANGRYYYYYYYYY AT PODCAST VERSION)

Aquaman: 6-4 (potential nerf of the trait cancel will shift this MU to 5-5 or possibly 4-6)
Ares: 7-3
Bane: 8-2
Batman: 5-5
Batgirl: 6-4
Black Adam: 4-6
Catwoman: 6-4
Cyborg: 6-4 (could be 5-5, I wish I had more time to play Relaxedstate at UFGT)
Deathstroke: 7-3
Doomsday: 7-3
Flash: 6-4
Green Arrow: 6-4
Green Lantern: 5-5
Harley Quinn: 6-4
Hawkgirl: 5-5
Joker: 7-3
Lex Luthor: 6-4
Lobo: 7-3
Nightwing: 6-4 (Could be 5-5, just depends on the stage)
Raven: 6-4
Shazam: 7-3
Sinestro: 7-3
Grundy: 6-4
Scorpion: Too Early
Superman: 6-4
Wonder Woman: 5-5

Advantage MU's = 20
Even MU's = 4
Disadvantage MU's = 1
Undecided MU's = 1

Discuss
Downplayer...blehh.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Killer instinct may be a cool game I never got into it way back when I ahve always been an MK fan boy. Saying that, I may not follow DC as much but because NRS made the game and they made a great game I owe them the respect to play it and enjoy it. I came to it not expecting anything, I just wanted to play it and have fun. I can say I love the game it has even got me into DC a bit more.

The Killer Instinct stuff drives me mad because it is not even near release. It is like TYM is trying to drown out injustice by bringing in hype for a new game. How about just focus on the here and now.

Just a prediction before we get to far, When Killer Instinct comes out a lot of people are going to be in love with it, and within a month people will already start crying about the game and how things need to be balanced or something else. Sorry to say it but now a days with easy access to type any sort of bullshit people want on the forums this is what every single game will face. People do not take the time to appreciate what game developers go through to make a game, but they have no problem tearing it apart on a moments notice. To all of you, I say go make your own fighting game, let us tear it up, because I will be the first one to absolutely shred your game to pieces and make you feel like a child.

You are probably right. The FGC is extremely harsh with it's games. That being said though, I'm not looking forward to KI3 for tournament play. Though I am very competitive, and will want to play well, win, and just be the best I can at the game, fun is fun, and it's just a game.

About Injustice, while I cannot say I love the game (that would imply I like it as much as MK or KI), I do really like it, play it a lot, and to hope that NRS does adopt much of what IGAU is into MK10. I even plan to go to CEO just to play that and MK9, so I still support NRS 100%. But again, DC just doesn't do it for me...at least not like MK or KI do.

I agree

I don't know TAS_DASH whatsoever but I want to

Probably smartest poster I've seen ever
I appreciate it pig. I'm just a guy who loves fighting games. I just want a game that makes sense where I understand why I lost and it's b/c the other person is out-thinking me or prepared more efficiently than I did. I play locally down here in Houston and recently came out of retirement from Tekken 5, and was planning on traveling, but honestly, this game discourages me from traveling. MK's tier didn't do it for me, but I'm a huge DC fan who had faith in Injustice before it launched, but now you all see where I stand on that.

I appreciate what you top players did for MK and you guys allowed me to enjoy it at it's highest level. I feel NRS should rebalance that game for you tourney players, so you all can continue to produce great performances with it. It's not too late if sf4 is getting another balance. That's not for the casual players as they are long gone. Keep up the good work Pig.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I will say this about interactables- they help balance out matches. On a stage like Atlantis, Sinestro has almost no chance of beating Frost. On the Metropolis rooftop the matchup is noticeably more manageable. Also Sao87 there are very few acrobatic characters. Frost would be INSANE if she could throw or use the interactables for damage.
No they don't. In fact I believe more and more that Atlantis favors power characters. There is no justification for 2 arch types of characters being able to use the environment but other characters are not allowed to.

If there is a problem with the characters they need to be addressed within the characters skill set not by removing the ability to use something most of the cast can use.

Acrobats don't have to use interactables for damage, they could at least give them more mobility options. What I've suggested still doesn't make acrobats environment use better than the rest of the cast, it just makes it an option. Currently the only thing environments do for acrobats is grant them the ability to eat combos.

If you're only beating frost on a broken stage (rooftop) then I think you're either lazy or you need a backup character.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
No they don't. In fact I believe more and more that Atlantis favors power characters. There is no justification for 2 arch types of characters being able to use the environment but other characters are not allowed to.

If there is a problem with the characters they need to be addressed within the characters skill set not by removing the ability to use something most of the cast can use.

Acrobats don't have to use interactables for damage, they could at least give them more mobility options. What I've suggested still doesn't make acrobats environment use better than the rest of the cast, it just makes it an option. Currently the only thing environments do for acrobats is grant them the ability to eat combos.

If you're only beating frost on a broken stage (rooftop) then I think you're either lazy or you need a backup character.
Atlantis does not favor power characters. The globe and tablets are too slow and you can only use the tank once. Gadget/acrobat has unlimited use of the tank and the zipline. Being lazy has nothing to do with it. Sinestro NEEDS interactables against her.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
id almost be tempted to say 8-2 after the beatings Goldfish gives me. Frost just does what she wants and poor Vincent Price just has to comply.
Yeah I totally agree he is crippled in this matchup. I would entertain it being an 8-2, but in all honesty I think I work harder against good Sinestro's than I do Bane which I have as an 8-2.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Atlantis does not favor power characters. The globe and tablets are too slow and you can only use the tank once. Gadget/acrobat has unlimited use of the tank and the zipline. Being lazy has nothing to do with it. Sinestro NEEDS interactables against her.
The tanks are very obvious and combo punishable if you just mb a f3/b3. Zipline is hardly an advantage. It screams punish me. The throwable interactables do more damage on that stage than almost any other stage as well.

rofl I love this shit. I agree though it should be 1h or 2h max. It was pretty funny how 2 of those 3 hours were only about Killer Frost's BS.

btw I think it's way more likely that Bane is on Scorpion's tier than Scorpion being on Bane's tier haha.

And Zod is top 5 easy imo. I just look at his tools and I'm like.. how can a character with all this crap not be top lol. But we'll see.

edit:

Definitely agree with REO on stage rules. Random stage right now is a complete joke. Until NRS fixes it or adds a shorcut to do a true random select, then the losing player should tell a judge who he plans on using next before going to player select. That way you can't have both stage counter + character counter.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
KI is a game i waited for yrs to come out. I am very happy it is coming out now and I know its not a NRS Game but it has roots from MIDWAY. Sorry I am hyped for this game why is that wrong???? I respect NRS for all their games they have made and I look foward to KI3 :)

On the KI topic, I don't know man I think they were a bit harsh in this podcast. I totally agree though: NRS cares about us and we should be grateful.

I also did find it odd how TYM suddenly decided to embrace KI as "a main game". That was a little wtf to me. I mean like, how does this "selection process" even work. Why does TYM fully endorse Killer Instinct but doesn't care about TTT2, SFxT, GG, KOF, Persona or Melee? Is it because KI1 and KI2 were MK ripoffs and had some blood and gore? I understand though that the admins and mods were huge fans of the original KIs (and so was I). It's their site so they can do whatever they want with it. It just feels odd I guess.

I was hoping they would talk a little more about KI in the podcast, even if it's 99% negative lol. Obviously Tom and REO didn't seem to care at all about it. But I know Pig was really hyped about KI. At least a few days ago, maybe it changed..

Anyway, what I personally think about KI:

So far it still looks super scrubby to me. Like, it just looks like a fucking mash fest. No reset potential, no okizeme, no keepaway, safe fullscreen combo starters everywhere.. just dash at each other and mash random shit. Do a 25 hits combo, stick an ender to get 30%, or drop your ender and get 10% lol. Then what, then nothing. Just get up and start mashing again. Just do flashy swag combos back and forth. If that's all Double Helix goes for then I won't be picking it up. That I know for sure. I want diversity in playstyles even if combos are at the center of it.

That said I'm still looking forward to the new KI. Don't really know if I'm ever going to play it seriously but I just want to see what they do with the characters and how they incorporate zoners and grapplers etc. It could turn out to be an interesting game if they make a few tweaks.

And even if I don't end up playing it, I'd still love KI to be successful and watch it played at EVO 2014.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Haven't listened to all or read all comments yet but I have heard enough of it to comment

TAS_DASH and I have talked a lot about the problems we think injustice has. He has explained them already so no point of going into it.

The whole Houston quitting thing tho I will speak on. I'm not speaking for any of the other Houston guys, but I will not travel for injustice JUST YET. Just like mk I will wait until I feel I'm up to par with the game before I travel. I am not sponsored so paying out of pocket will be too much just to get bodied.

This doesn't mean I will quit the game, I will still be training with KH consistently in injustice and all fighting games we play. You will see me traveling more once I'm confident enough that I can hold my own, which I am no where near yet.

That is all, blow me up if you want, but like I said I'm not quitting and will be dammed if I do. Just going to do alot of training before I travel for this or any other fighting games I've been playing lately

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta