What's new

Injustice Interview w/ Ed Boon by Kamidogu + 65% Flash Combo from Igromir, Russia

In Umvc3 you only get one round and in injustice you get two so technically NO.
But in UMVC3 your characters regenerate health and there is also the X-Factor :confused: And every two seconds you see a new hyper-move, that lasts for few seconds.
The fights in UMVC3 last long, simply because the game gives you mechanics to have long lasting matches.

In Injustice these long lasting matches will be only there, because the FUCKING clash-system is there and drags you out of the pace of the combat and the same applies for stage-transactions.

The guys from NRS know EXACTLY that the people are not too happy about these particular two issues. If they don't change shit about them and expect people to buy and enjoy they shit, even though there is a HIGH possibility that it will become boring after you had to see it for the 21st time ... man, believe me. Injustice will have a fucking hard time staying alive in the fighting game community.
If the EVO drops the game it basically becomes non-important. Can it live just by the MK community, since it's a NRS game?
Well who knows. Maybe in America. But in Europe that won't be the case for sure, trust me. Especially because the people over here are not that much into MK (since in some countries it never got released) and the people over here are also not that much into superheroes, but more animes (I'm speaking for Germany and the countries around, and not the UK).

Injustice can be a great game. But it also can surpass SFxT in the failment department.

Tolkeen

/wrists
For each person who complains about the damage in an alpha build of the game, more than 6 months before the release, there are at least 2 other people who are just happy to know that the game is coming out in 6 months. Cry all you want, in the end you'll probably play it, enjoy it, and still cry about it. So go post in your livejournal about how no one will agree with your opinions because you're so much smarter than everyone else, and leave me the hype and anticipation for this game that I so rightly deserve.

It would be a damn shame if a mod had to lock a thread that's trying to build hype for game interviews.

Almost every other fighter has pokes into combos but you only play mk9 so you wouldnt know or care about that. this game is not mk9 remember that.
I only play MK9? Thats new to me. Which characters of games has single strike mid launchers (not cross ups) that also allow downpokes into half life combos? Discounting all 3d games.

I only play MK9? Thats new to me. Which characters of games has single strike mid launchers (not cross ups) that also allow downpokes into half life combos? Discounting all 3d games.
Not going to include the "launcher" since not all games use that system.

Chunli, yun, dudley, ken, all get super confirms off of low pokes in 3s. All do about 40-50% easily. Also getting meter in 3s was not hard at all (fuck you yun).

The whole cast (esp sakura/akuma) get stupid mode off any touch in Alpha 3

The whole versus series can do the same + infinite.

KOF13 HD meter. the whole fucking cast.

etc etc

I understand most games you can combo off a low poke. Im talking about mid/overheads that lead into combos. Arent most normals in SF low/high and unique attacks mid/overhead but they dont combo?

Flash looks like such a threat up close, as it should be considering he has no projectile. Even without the damage, he looks like he has fantastic advancing normals that would even put Johnny Cage to shame. Flash is at least expending 1 bar of meter to get that kind of damage. I wonder what kind of damage Flash can deal with his gimmick (slow mode) is in place during combos (to slow the opponent's fall speed).

I wonder how good of a tactic it would be for Flash to not finish combos/end combo in a knockdown/etc.. and go straight into his Hero Trait? Seems like that would be the way to go, once you are close put them into an even worse position by activating your super power.

What does the Trait actually do? Speed up your normals/recovery???

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Whats funniest to me is that everyone's complaining about everyone complaining...and yet I see nobody actually bitching about the damage.

granted I only read 2 pages.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I understand most games you can combo off a low poke. Im talking about mid/overheads that lead into combos. Arent most normals in SF low/high and unique attacks mid/overhead but they dont combo?
Dudley/ken raped if he hit you with his overhead in 3s. You could cancel into super.

In CvS2 and Alpha 3 you could cancel into that A-grove/ -ish (forgot the name) off any attack and go into rape mode.

I believe the same applies to KOF13, but its not like they need standing overheads in that game with short hops.

Normally standing overheads don't lead to much in SF4 and in SF2. But in almost all other fighters, they could lead into stupids amounts of damage.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
In all honesty, the damage is fine. There are so many great fighting games with high damage out there. In truth, MK9 has a TON of high-damage scenarios while, not all being placed in one combo, come AFTER the combo. Like Cage/Kabal/Skarlet/Sonya having resets back into more chip damage, or Scorpion's vortex setup...or landing b121 with Sub. The problem, though, is not every character has this.

I think people are so against high damage because people are used to SFIV, where most characters generally don't pop you for 40% on mistakes regularly without some heavy meter involvement. That or you guys play Noob/Sindel/Baraka too much. Too many games now are geared towards giving the weaker player opportunities.

TargetAudience

Burn_the_ city
In all honesty, the damage is fine. There are so many great fighting games with high damage out there. In truth, MK9 has a TON of high-damage scenarios while, not all being placed in one combo, come AFTER the combo. Like Cage/Kabal/Skarlet/Sonya having resets back into more chip damage, or Scorpion's vortex setup...or landing b121 with Sub. The problem, though, is not every character has this.

I think people are so against high damage because people are used to SFIV, where most characters generally don't pop you for 40% on mistakes regularly without some heavy meter involvement. That or you guys play Noob/Sindel/Baraka too much. Too many games now are geared towards giving the weaker player opportunities.
^this x137%73774838373738

Reedoms

Noob

As long as everyone has the opportunity for these I'm fine with it. If it's just Flash that can do this, it might be a little bad.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
As long as everyone has the opportunity for these I'm fine with it. If it's just Flash that can do this, it might be a little bad.
I'm pretty sure Superman originally had a super that did like 50% damage.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
It should be everyone BUT the flash doing high damage. Flash has crazy fast start up on his stuff and good mixups and time slow, he should be doing Strider damage.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Why are people arguing about damage numbers in a grossly-out-of-date alpha build of the game? Movesets, animations, combos, allowable connections/cancels, and everything else you can think of will be tweaked for months and months before this game is released.

Everyone needs to get real and slow their roll. Haha

What you are seeing is:

pre-beta
pre-tweaking
pre-balancing
pre-everything

Do not draw conclusions from it or you will be WRONG :)

WOW @ that damage of hits 2,3 and 4 from that combo. that's ridiculous even for something that looks to be an ex move.

As for the complaining running rampant in this thread, I see no point to it. NRS, like Capcom, will cater to people who complain more than people who support stuff. You can't blame them since the overwhelming majority of people who play fighting games will never play them in a competitive environment. Not that that is a bad thing, but you have to remember that the FGC is nowhere near as big as people want to make it out to be.