What's new

Injustice General Discussion

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'm not going to complain that she's not in, but you better bet your ass that NRS strongly contemplated putting her in. They're smart enough to realize how much she means to DC comics. Do not be surprised if she's DLC.
I might have to reconsider a season pass then.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Who do you want as DLC?
Scarecrow and Blue Beetle would be my first two picks. They don't matter at all but Scarecrow's my favorite comic character hands down(Deathstroke a close second) and while I admittedly know very little about Jaime he could be a lot of fun for me. Martian Manhunter would be pretty neat too.

Go ahead and tell me how I'm wrong and that Canary's better but it's personal bias anyway. :p

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
grapples, she's a judo expert. lots of locks, counters, knock back screams (wallbounces on meter burn), air dash screams, screams that grant hit stun.

A counter expert that screeches (can she air dash through her scream?), I like the way it sounds but, at the same time, it seems like Batman's counter and if that's the defining moves for the character then it's pretty much done already.

Though, a counter expert that can go into chain grapples sounds nice though she'd have to be complete ass at offense to be fair.

Eddyward

Noob

Picture of the "Collector's Edition Startegy Guide." Not sure if this was seen already, but pretty cool lithograph.

Speaking of Black Canary, though, I posted a little about her potential moveset in the DLC Character Poll thread:
2. Black Canary

I think Black Canary could be an awesome "defensive rushdown" type of character. She could have a fighting style that's similar to Lili from Tekken who mixes up opponents with delayed inputs, and She-Hulk in MvC who uses Command Runs and Wall Jumps to get in close safely.

• Several parry techniques that open the opponent to extended combos; could include a wall bounce throw and some other neat stuff
  • SUPER - Canary Cry: Martial arts sequence into her canary cry that stuns the opponent for extended combos
  • TRAIT - Wall Jump and Command Run (She-Hulk and Strider Hiryu in MvC; Lili's dodge spin in Tekken)

Scarecrow and Blue Beetle would be my first two picks. They don't matter at all but Scarecrow's my favorite comic character hands down(Deathstroke a close second) and while I admittedly know very little about Jaime he could be a lot of fun for me. Martian Manhunter would be pretty neat too.

Go ahead and tell me how I'm wrong and that Canary's better but it's personal bias anyway. :p
Blue Beetle is a great choice.

Scarecrow seems highly unlikely with the stage transition appearance though. Also, Sinestro kinda owns the "fear" motif.

Martian Manhunter seems possible, since a background character is easy to remove, unlike a stage transition. Though his powers are quite similar to Superman's. The only thing different is the shape-shifting/intangible power.

Even with these though, there's 1 more slot on that DLC. Are you really saying you'd have second thoughts getting the pass if Black Canary were that fourth slot? C'mon.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I'm not gonna get into the Canary discussion again because it manages to ignite the red light within me :p

On the subject of that strategy guide, I have been burned way too many times with fighting game strategy guides. There are a few high quality ones coming out (like the SCV guide by FuturePress - simply amazing), but all it takes is one heavy handed patch to make the ability to quick reference frame and damage data pretty useless unless you memorise the changelists. I'll take the guides on TYM over 'em anyday, as convenient as something in your hands is.

A third party, kept up to date mobile app, tho...

RYX

BIG PUSHER
If the three characters I want are DLC and it's the same as a season pass, why get a character I don't like?

Scarecrow's fear and Sinestro's fear are two entirely different things; really can't be compared like Sinestro and Hal for example.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
She can't be able to do anything until a certain point in her arc and, even then, a diagonal screech dash would be awful in back to block as she can go low, low, instant air diagonal dash, attack as she's coming down for a complete 50/50 and, even if she has to land, she could still play insane mind games. Doesn't sound balanced at all, she'd either have too much or too little.

I'm definitely buying all DLC even if it's for a character I don't care about that much.

because I play offline alot with my group of friends, and that'd be really lame-ass of me to not include their possible main, or a character to play on the side, just cuz I don't like the character.

And I usually bring setups to touranments I go to. And you need everything unlocked/bought. To Run the touranment properly.

AND, if I lab it up with someone online which I did alot in MK9. And they want to try set-ups against DLC characters. I can offer that up to them. And vice versa.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
If the three characters I want are DLC and it's the same as a season pass, why get a character I don't like?
Why not? Could play locally with someone that wants to play that character, could feel the need to practice against some of their specific setups, etc. You also get the flashpoint skins free.

You lose absolutely nothing. That attitude just being stubborn and spiteful.

I bought all four DLC characters and have played with them a collective 3 hours lol. I just wanted to support NRS.
yeah not to mention it's good for supporting NRS. Although they're learning and getting better. If we continue to show the love back, we build a awesome community/developer relationship. And They'll more likely listen to us.

In this day and age I see so many people bashing companies, and not many people backing them up. NRS is one of those companies even if people "bash" them for mistakes like design flaws in MK9, People come to their defense. And they come to their defense because they are a company I believe that actually gives a shit about their consumers.

She can't be able to do anything until a certain point in her arc and, even then, a diagonal screech dash would be awful in back to block as she can go low, low, instant air diagonal dash, attack as she's coming down for a complete 50/50 and, even if she has to land, she could still play insane mind games. Doesn't sound balanced at all, she'd either have too much or too little.
well i'm just giving ideas, trying to show you or anyone else how she could be an interesting character :D. the balance is for the devs to figure out.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Why not? Could play locally with someone that wants to play that character, could feel the need to practice against some of their specific setups, etc. You also get the flashpoint skins free.

You lose absolutely nothing. That attitude just being stubborn and spiteful.
The only Flashpoint character I plan to use is Stroke and his looks awful. Not ripping on NRS but pirate Slade is.. Dumb.

I gain nothing that matters either. I'll wait for announcements before I place my money.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
well i'm just giving ideas, trying to show you or anyone else how she could be an interesting character :D. the balance is for the devs to figure out.

Besides the judo stuff the same could be said for Silver Banshee on top of being able to fit just about any archetype. The Judo counters combined with Canary makes her interesting but it forces you to play a certain style with her and nothing else. If we're to get a screecher I'd prefer the one that can be played several ways instead of a mainly defensive style. I think it's just because I prefer versatility over extremes of any archetype.

Edit:

The only Flashpoint character I plan to use is Stroke and his looks awful. Not ripping on NRS but pirate Slade is.. Dumb.

I gain nothing that matters either. I'll wait for announcements before I place my money.

Even if it's not a character you "like" it could still be someone you end up picking up. I never would've guessed I'd main Sonya in a million years but here I am.

Scarecrow's fear and Sinestro's fear are two entirely different things; really can't be compared like Sinestro and Hal for example.
I understand that, but that was just a small extra part of my point. The major point was that he's a stage transition.