What's new

Injustice General Discussion

Eddyward

Noob
Besides the judo stuff the same could be said for Silver Banshee on top of being able to fit just about any archetype. The Judo counters combined with Canary makes her interesting but it forces you to play a certain style with her and nothing else. If we're to get a screecher I'd prefer the one that can be played several ways instead of a mainly defensive style. I think it's just because I prefer versatility over extremes of any archetype.
As I said in another post, I believe that Black Canary doesn't have to only have defensive stuff. In addition, she could have a She-Hulk style of Wall Jumps and Command Runs as a trait. These would be her main/only ways of safely getting in on the opponent, and having it as a trait would limit its usage, as it could potentially be a little ridiculous. :p So while she would be a mainly defensive style, her unique power could give her a cool way of getting screen coverage that I haven't seen on the current cast yet.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
As I said in another post, I believe that Black Canary doesn't have to only have defensive stuff. In addition, she could have a She-Hulk style of Wall Jumps and Command Runs as a trait. These would be her main/only ways of safely getting in on the opponent, and it as a trait, it would be limited. So while she would be a mainly defensive style, her unique power could give her a cool way of getting screen coverage that I haven't seen on the current cast yet.

Command runs are done already and it works better for a character with super speed/durability (armor) like a Silver Banshee IMO. Again though, if she doesn't have a good way around zoning moves she's gonna get eaten up.

I'm a bit Black Canary ignorant but I know who she is. But I don't know how powerful her screams are?

could she pull something like a jade's green glow. And advance on you while blowing away your projectils with screams?

I'm a bit Black Canary ignorant but I know who she is. But I don't know how powerful her screams are?

could she pull something like a jade's green glow. And advance on you while blowing away your projectils with screams?
she could do that, she can fly using her scream, and shatter skulls.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I don't think she can do a "Jade" thing but she probably could deflect projectiles with her scream. Again though, so can Banshee. The Judo thing works but the command run seems more like a thing for Banshee. So we're still looking at a, potentially, very defensive character over a character that could, potentially, be more versatile given her abilities.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
That's the thing, she could play several ways: A brawler/bruiser with speed, a mixup/mind game heavy character with her teleport and screech cancels, a footsie/punish character with armor, screech teleports and those command runs (awesome idea), or a mix of several. I just feel she could work better in a fighting game like this than BC.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
That's the thing, she could play several ways: A brawler/bruiser with speed, a mixup/mind game heavy character with her teleport and screech cancels, a footsie/punish character with armor, screech teleports and those command runs (awesome idea), or a mix of several. I just feel she could work better in a fighting game like this than BC.
I said I wouldn't get into this discussion, but I'm not sure what exactly excludes BC from any of those archetypes but the bit with the teleports. Defensive is hardly the only playstyle that BC could be designed- it's merely one of may suggestions for the character's potential tools (personally, I'd envisioned her an offensive character with a heavy emphasis on hard knockdown mixups or resets [the non-guaranteed kind :p]).

Really, there's a wide range of possibilities for just about any character. Even most the ones we have in could have ended up totally different but remain perfectly within the limits of the character. I'm not arguing for BC or against SB here, I just think it's silly that you're viewing BC's potential in a very specific way while looking at Banshee's in a dozen. I earnestly don't believe there's any realistic suggestion for this game's DLC that's cripplingly impossible to come up with several unique ideas for.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

She can't be a bruiser/brawler type as she doesn't have the durability/strength for it, she can be mixup heavy to a degree but I don't see how it'd be different from other martial artists (again, if we're putting emphasis on the martial arts then I think Karate Kid would be better, master of tons of martial arts and can fly thanks to the flight ring), can be footsie based but, again, how would it be different from other martial arts like people.

The Judo/defensive thing is a very unique character type which is why I choose to focus on it more.

Yes there is, I just think SB has more possibilities than BC. I'm not saying BC absolutely couldn't work, I'm saying if there's gonna be a character with screeches then I'd prefer Silver Banshee just like if there was gonna be a brawler/bruiser I would've preferred Grodd over Bane.