What's new

Injustice - Filipino Champ calls out the MK community, "if we played MK none of you would ever win"

There's been offline tournaments. My point is you can be the best player in the world, but until you prove it offline, it doesn't really matter. REO has proven he's good, you may not agree, but he's proven himself at a tournament, more than once. Until you do the same, the point is moot. Not trying to be a dick, that's just how it is.

For the record, I'm not saying you're not better than him. I've played both of you and you are better. But you can't claim the best through online, even if there's no offline scene. This is a lesson I've learned from UMK3. Many many people label Shock and Joe 2 of the best UMK3 players. As much as I hate that and don't agree as far as Joe is concerned, I can't say much. Even though I beat both of them 2-0 in tournament, they have won many UMK3 tournaments, more than anyone in the US I believe.

I think online players are great, I'm an online player myself. My point is not that you are not good because you play online, my point is that it doesn't matter if you're good if you ONLY play online. See what I mean?
I completely understand. I was gonna bring that up about UMK3 because I know you can relate, but you beat me to it. I believe for the most part that the MK2 community is a bit different in this regard though. Outsiders would view proven offline players as the best, but the MK2 community itself would not. I know that Reo is a talented MK2 player, and I'm not trying to dispute that, but there are plenty of guys that would do well against him. I know this hasn't been proven in the eyes of UMK3 or MK9 communities, but in the eyes of the MK2 community is has been proven. We're just different like that because our gameplay revolves so heavily around online.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I completely understand. I was gonna bring that up about UMK3 because I know you can relate, but you beat me to it. I believe for the most part that the MK2 community is a bit different in this regard though. Outsiders would view proven offline players as the best, but the MK2 community itself would not. I know that Reo is a talented MK2 player, and I'm not trying to dispute that, but there are plenty of guys that would do well against him. I know this hasn't been proven in the eyes of UMK3 or MK9 communities, but in the eyes of the MK2 community is has been proven. We're just different like that because our gameplay revolves so heavily around online.
Fair enough. Personally though, I still go by tournament results.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Hmmm, not doubting his ability because I have seen him play Marvel...but if he could whip the entire MK community if he only chose to play the game...then he kind of looks like a total dumb ass. I mean, if I were him I would have went ahead and picked up the game, traveled to all the MLG events, and banked about 40 grand since it would have been free aparently.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Other players have tried MK, and failed.

Champs logic makes no sense, as top players in other games picked up MK just like the rest of us, and they simply could not get very far.

MK is NOT easy mode, it's different to what they're used to, and MK players play the game better than they ever did. This has been proven time and time again.

It doesn't matter how much it costs $500 dollars...Doesn't matter. It's for bragging rights. Only true fg fans care about that. It's the mentality of the arcade. Online is trash, and if you believe otherwise I have to doubt your arcade experience. Nothing compares to destroying another player face to face and putting your initials on top of everyone else's and going into the arcade and seeing and knowing you're the best, and knowing no one can dispute it. It's the greatest feeling in the world. R.I.P arcades and arcade competition. Long live live tournaments. And if it's a 10 man tourney with 8 top players then why would that matter? It doesn't matter.

Wrong. I told you this. No one decided this except you. Everyone knows that online accolades cannot and are not accepted as equal to the accomplishments of offline competitors. Win offline and no one can say shit to you. Win online, and there will always be an asterisk next to the victories. It's like a fat person going by their moon weight because they weigh 1/6 lighter.
I know what I'm talking about when it comes to MK2. You're not even a player. You just talk about it but never play. Everyone in the MK2 community(which you're really not a part of) would agree with me. I didn't decide anything. I'm going off of what the community concensus is. You just like to argue. Something you don't understand because you're not a player is that online is not trash in MK2, because MK2 doesn't have crazy one frame links like other games. The game is very forgiving, so online doesn't affect it like it would in other games. You or Juggs can't argue this point because neither of you play MK2 at a high level. Also, you're lucky to have one top level MK2 player show up to these offline events, so why would I wanna travel to play people that have hardly ever played the game?

Edit* Don't quote me on stuff you know nothing about. PM me instead.

Hey what happened, you are meant to be angry at us capcom players horning in on your territory(which we will be doing:3), not tear into each other :p

peterdinosaurous

grabbing menace
i do like champ don't get me wrong, but this was kind of a silly thing to say. like you cant just jump into a game and expect to be the best without lots and lots of time put into the game. thats just the way video games work regardless of what game it is...yeah all the experiences in fighters he has will help, but not nearly as much as he thinks it will

hes not a champ hes a weak pathetic fool blinded into his ego thats so big he really thinks he can't take on the mk community . only reason why this is still revalent is jamesmk calls him on the ops show .. champ-obs = a weak pathetic mortal = a dog with no teeth = a filipino who only wishes he was a champ .. be gone!!!

SILENCE !!!!! THE EMPEROR IS SPEAKING !!!

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
In the video he says he'll be at UFGT to win or something LOL. No he won't. He won't even enter. He's already stated IF he plays it will be after EVO.

Courtney

Burn in my Light
Champ actually tried to help the scene grow in Norcal, everything he said he was just playing his role don't take anything he says to heart

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
Champ actually tried to help the scene grow in Norcal, everything he said he was just playing his role don't take anything he says to heart
Nrs gamers are the most sensitive people in the fgc.. Not to mention know it alls.. So yeah they took it to heart.. Reality of it is what champ said was true minus cdjr who nice at sfxtk as well...

And lol at the people who really care what another person thinks about "their game" im in tears reading all this hate

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

Nrs gamers are the most sensitive people in the fgc.. Not to mention know it alls.. So yeah they took it to heart.. Reality of it is what champ said was true minus cdjr who nice at sfxtk as well...

And lol at the people who really care what another person thinks about "their game" im in tears reading all this hate

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2
you cant hate on somene with no resume im the mk community .. his war paper is blank so . so you and halapino champ will bow to the emperors .. pathetic mortals BOW BEFORE YOU SPEAK!!

SILENCE !!!!! THE EMPEROR IS SPEAKING !!!

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I'm sorry but when I hear Capcom all I think about is how back in the day before they were on Consoles, thier machines where always empty in the arcade. It might be different for other people but they were always low rent where I lived. They never even had local tourny's but MK was always hoppin all nights of the week plus tourny's. MK release on Sega/SNES big time hype. That tells the story for me. I'm newer to FGC still from those times but that's how I see it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'm sorry but when I hear Capcom all I think about is how back in the day before they were on Consoles, thier machines where always empty in the arcade. It might be different for other people but they were always low rent where I lived. They never even had local tourny's but MK was always hoppin all nights of the week plus tourny's. MK release on Sega/SNES big time hype. That tells the story for me. I'm newer to FGC still from those times but that's how I see it.
Different communities play different games. Where I am MK had no scene at all until we started one. It was primarily Capcom because that is what has always been played.