What's new

Injustice Developments: Hector Hints at "brand new" Online Mode

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Then what's this shit about them finding extra input lag and whatnot for TTT2? Was that confirmed false or something?
From what I understand, there is an intentional 1 frame of input delay in TTT2's game engine. The theory was that they could use that extra frame to compensate for online lag and it would feel the same as playing offline.

Basically, they built-in the slight input delay that you would get online into the offline experience so they wouldn't feel different. Pretty smart actually.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
From what I understand, there is an intentional 1 frame of input delay in TTT2's game engine. The theory was that they could use that extra frame to compensate for online lag and it would feel the same as playing offline.

Basically, they built-in the slight input delay that you would get online into the offline experience so they wouldn't feel different. Pretty smart actually.
I heard it was MORE than 1 extra frame. Around like 5-7 to be exact.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I heard it was MORE than 1 extra frame. Around like 5-7 to be exact.
That is possible. There is definitely an inherent input delay of a few frames and then they added some to that number so 5-7 sounds legit for a total.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
That is possible. There is definitely an inherent input delay of a few frames and then they added some to that number so 5-7 sounds legit for a total.
That's what they were saying over at TZ.

If this is the future of fighting games, input delays purposefully built into the offline game for online gaming, then I want no part of it.

I'll take laggy netcode over a purposefully crap offline experience all day.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
If this is the future of fighting games, input delays purposefully built into the offline game for online gaming, then I want no part of it.

I don't know... TTT2 isn't a crap offline experience in terms of input lag. It feels more responsive than most fighting games.

I play tekken offline with my bro, I don't notice the input lag at all. Plus I play in practice mode for hours, and I don't feel it. Haven't heard much word of complaint about it from most tekken tourney players as of late (when it was first figured there was complaint, but overall it wasn't a problem) considering I watch a lot of Tekken streams (Rip, NYCfab, Aris, Kane). To add to this, Kane can hit ridiculous just frame combos online and offline.

Don't get me wrong I don't agree with adding input lag either (VF online is better as I've heard), but damn the online is so good in this game. Offline is well responsive as well.