What's new

Injustice Developments: Hector Hints at "brand new" Online Mode

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Since the Deathstroke reveal things have been a bit quiet for Injustice: Gods Among Us. If you're following NetherRealm Studios producer, Hector Sanchez on twitter, today you'd see that he hinted at a "new" online mode. If this has been mentioned before, we apologize, but this sounds like news. While the details are obviously very slim-to-none on this, the only thing he said was, "tuning a brand new online mode that's pretty sick".

Alongside trophies and achievements... #crunchfun.
injonline.jpg

Attachments

Except for the netcode, yes.
their netcode is fine, but there's more going on in tekken (3d, moving backgrounds, 3d backgrounds, wall explosions from which you can combo, tag assaults, etc). id say if nrs had the same capacity (might be the wrong word) in a 2d game it would run very smoothly.
That being said i'm very excited that nrs is rocking a new online mode, this can only mean good things. even if it's bad it's going to be better than what we had before, and that'll feel good to me.

thanks hector

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'm not buying this game if the net code is shit and the training mode sucks. Plenty of other people will find that out for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Training mode will probably be better, they have already said as much, and its not really the most complicated thing to make.

Netcode though.... you probably won't be buying this game.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
LOL @ people using wireless connection for their xbl and ps3 and bitching about netcode

Get a f ing job lazy bums or get your ass up and run a cord to your system

Wireless = ASS

ON TOPIC: These new Online modes will be awesome

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
Tekken Tag 2 has the one of the most outstanding netcodes for online fighting games, it is probably one of the leading ones out there. SCV is what started the good connection experience...
Pig Of The Hut
I disagree with this, 3d games are much harder to program since it is on a much more diversified dynamic playing field and there is allot of data flowing where as 2D fields only have two movement of directions and data feed from the background. At any fault, it would be the companys use of there networking capabilities.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Tekken Tag 2 has the one of the most outstanding netcodes for online fighting games, it is probably one of the leading ones out there. SCV is what started the good connection experience...
Pig Of The Hut
I disagree with this, 3d games are much harder to program since it is on a much more diversified dynamic playing field and there is allot of data flowing where as 2D fields only have two movement of directions and data feed from the background. At any fault, it would be the companys use of there networking capabilities.
I'm just going w what I was told

Regardless the net code should be heavily improved but nothing will improve if people keep using dSl and wireless

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
^^ True, but then to a casual player/ user they will not know the differences to the True Match Experience of competitive play. Since hitting buttons make crazy things happen and leave users in awe lol

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I hardwire both of my machines and XBL runs great and PSN is just fucking terribly god awful. I can't even play the game on PSN without wanting to throw my hitbox through my tv. But XBL is good.