What's new

Video/Tutorial Injustice - Aquaman Reveal Trailer w/ story footage and gameplay

JJocelot

Don't give up!
Not gonna lie, I'd be cool with Grodd. With his various high tech gadgets and mind control powers he'd make for an interesting character. I could see him using some Quan Chi-esque brainwashing stuff lol.

Not to mention he's a giant effin' gorilla. Bring in his epic voice actor for the Justice League cartoon and it would be perfect!

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Aquaman is cool and all.

BUT DID YOU SEE THAT BAD ASS SHAZAM ALT?

It's like the took all the cool parts of New 52 Shazam and added the with all the cool parts of classic Black Adam and made one awesome costume.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Man, I think I'm the only one who had a negative reaction upon seeing Aquamans costume. I'm not a fan of him or know much about him, but my immediate reaction was "ew, wtf".

His gameplay looked nice though, which is all I really care about.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Okay, my guess on his super move. I think that he somehow gets his opponent underwater, maybe through a portal? That's the only way it makes sense to me, because if so, the stage doesn't matter, he can just teleport his opponent underwater, no matter where they are fighting. Stage problem = solved.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Aquaman is gonna have to probably save the world....

Superman's dictatorship of the planet wont go over so well if he cant control the OCEAN and Aquaman aint having that shit (most likely)

Thats my guess and by the looks of what we see in the vid Aquaman plays a HUGE role in the story.

AWESOME
So, you think Black Adam and Ocean Master are hinted in the trailer? It could be!
Aquaman really looks great. I hope Black Manta to appear in the game as well.
Yeah, because that's exactly what this game needs:
Aquaman AND Black Manta AND Ocean Master. There are some heroes out there, who don't have the right to have someone from their "rogue-gallery" in the roster of a fighting game. And Aquaman is one of them.

I won't even start talking about the Ocean Master, but even Black Manta would be such a bad choice, since he would basically steal away a spot for someone else, who would bring a lot more to the table than Black Manta does. There are MUCH better villains, who would offer you a unique playing experience, while you can't say the same for Black Manta.

Yeah, because that's exactly what this game needs:
Aquaman AND Black Manta AND Ocean Master. There are some heroes out there, who don't have the right to have someone from their "rogue-gallery" in the roster of a fighting game. And Aquaman is one of them.

I won't even start talking about the Ocean Master, but even Black Manta would be such a bad choice, since he would basically steal away a spot for someone else, who would bring a lot more to the table than Black Manta does. There are MUCH better villains, who would offer you a unique playing experience, while you can't say the same for Black Manta.

-Wide-Spray Eye Beams

-Dual-Wield Long Daggers

-Plasmatic Pincer Claw

-Mini Rocket Torpedos

-Multi-Use Wrist Shooters

Yeah, he'd totally be a waste. :rolleyes:

Yeah, he'd totally be a waste. :rolleyes:
Stop trying so hard.

I could name you a bunch of characters who would bring far more to the roster than your Aquaman-copy would. Laserbeams and tiny, explosive gadgets don't mean shit, when you can have someone with a bunch of super powers which you don't have in the game already.

Stop trying so hard.

I could name you a bunch of characters who would bring far more to the roster than your Aquaman-copy would. Laserbeams and tiny, explosive gadgets don't mean shit, when you can have someone with a bunch of super powers which you don't have in the game already.
How is he an "Aquaman-copy"?

He wouldn't use a trident. He would use the long daggers and the multitude of other weapons I listed.

How am I "trying so hard"? Not sure how one Google image search is "trying so hard".

BS3OOO

Noob
Stop trying so hard.

I know it has already been stated but just because he's underwater doesn't mean he's an Aquaman copy. Nothing of what he listed sounds like a copy to me. Just because you may not want a certain character in the game doesn't mean everyone should agree with you. Everyone has different opinions.

How is he an "Aquaman-copy"?
He wouldn't use a trident. He would use the long daggers and the multitude of other weapons I listed.
I know it has already been stated but just because he's underwater doesn't mean he's an Aquaman copy. Nothing of what he listed sounds like a copy to me.
Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, John Stewart.
Three Green Lanterns, basically all one and the same, yet they're still different, because where Hal tends to create airplanes and stuff like that, Kyle goes fully out with his imagination, since he is an artist and then there is also John who concentrates on various kinds of contructs, since he is an architect.

Does that mean, that just because you can make them feel differently that you should come up with these characters in a game with a limited amount of characters?
Why not offering the spot to someone who comes from somewhere else in the DC universe and brings in far more than just hard light constructs? Why not coming up with Scarecrow, Poison Ivy or Clayface - yes, who are all Batman villains and that was my intention - yet they offer you a completely new and unique playstyle?

The game might have too many Batman characters so far, but they're still better than copies from already existing characters and yes, in the end of the day Sinestro and Atrocitus would offer you the exact same idea as a Green Lantern, simply because of their power set.
Would they play differently? Yes, they would. If Cashcom can pull it off with Hulk / She-Hulk, Wolverine / X-23, then NRS can pull it off as well.

But is there a desperate need to do that? Fuck no.
And especially not when it comes to someone like Aquaman who doesn't have that many memorable villains - with Black Manta actually being the only one who is even worth being talked about and that also only because he killed Aquaman's son.

Putting characters into the game just so that one hero could have a counter part, or hell ... even demanding these characters is really stupid in my opinion.
That was also one of my main concernes for UMVC3. Why would I be happy about She-Hulk and X-23, if I could have a character who could offer me an entirely different playing experience and who would also be more badass like Sentry, Venom or Black Bolt?

And yes, there are MUCH better choices for the Injustice roster than Black Manta.

If we say there 24 spot on the roster there more then enough place also some of you might remember that the roster will be 50/50 villians & heroes and currently there 3 more heores then villain plus the remaining 4 others to get to 24 that means about 5 more villains are needed to be added to the roster and 2 heroes.

if there more or less then 24 is another whole other story.

BS3OOO

Noob
Trust me, I understand the point you are trying to make. I would definitely prefer to see someone with unique abilities as well. I'm not necessarily a fan of the Black Manta and don't necessarily want him to be in the game, but the guy is not a copy of Aquaman. Maybe you're thinking about the Ocean Master guy they were discussing earlier. Shooting widespread red beams, using dual wielded daggers, and mini rockets doesn't sound anything like Aquaman. You can't deny that man. While I don't feel that Black Manta would be the best choice either, I can't down anybody that wants him in the game.

Trust me, I understand the point you are trying to make. I would definitely prefer to see someone with unique abilities as well. I'm not necessarily a fan of the Black Manta and don't necessarily want him to be in the game, but the guy is not a copy of Aquaman. Maybe you're thinking about the Ocean Master guy they were discussing earlier. Shooting widespread red beams, using dual wielded daggers, and mini rockets doesn't sound anything like Aquaman. You can't deny that man. While I don't feel that Black Manta would be the best choice either, I can't down anybody that wants him in the game.
*fist bump*

This guy. This guy knows.