What's new

Injustice - All characters will have unique lines of dialogue when entering "Clash"

trufenix

bye felicia
I dunno why defending a mechanic means bashing your opinion, but so be it I just think maybe you should reserve judgement on what "interupts the flow of battle" until June or maybe even August.

We got over sidesteps, we can get over cinematics.

How bout an arrow up your ass isnt a real clash is it....... and i was wrong, latest video thats just a 1 v 1 match up and they had different lines.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
The fact that "Hows' about an arrow up your ass?" is a line makes me hate green arrow less.

More lines like that.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
IMO what will make or break the clash mechanic is how useful the meter is in general.

Combo breakers are king in MK9, which is partly because they are so good, and partly because most EX attacks are not great, and X-rays suck.

So far in Injustice, meter seems a bit more useful.

1 bar for pushblock which is huge, cause fuck Kabal and Johnny Cage.
1 bar for meter burn specials, which so far look much more useful then MK9, with a lot of them adding ground bounces, or other ways to extend combos.
2 bars for combo cancels, which may or may not be useful, will probably depend on the character.
1/2 bars to meter burn a heavy attack, which in the current builds basically gives everyone an armored launcher.
4 bars for Super, probably still not very useful.

Right now I'm not so sure wasting all your meter to wager in a clash is really that great of a plan, but we will have to wait and see.

Still I wouldn't mind an option to turn it off, just because it slows down a match.
Or maybe a toggle that turns it into a proper combo breaker, but still functions similar, only one use, and costs no meter.

JJocelot

Don't give up!
I thought it would be cool it the Clash worked like this:

If you're getting hit, you do the command for clash and it simply blows your enemy back like at the start of the actual clash animation, acting like a standard burst or whatever.
But if your opponent does the command during your clash, it'll start the clash we've seen thus far (with the banter and the wagering of meter). That way you only do the gamble if you want to.

Siky

Noob
Tbh, I don't care what they do with Clash from here, just don't do this. I don't want to wager meter, simple as that. It was a dumb idea that's being kept because most likely Ed Boon just likes how it looks.

Now they've committed so much resources to it that if a couple months down the line it's still trash, the community will simply have to deal with it because you can't turn it off.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
All I know is when someone makes a YouTube video with all of them... it will be one of my favorite videos ^_^

trufenix

bye felicia
Tbh, I don't care what they do with Clash from here, just don't do this. I don't want to wager meter, simple as that. It was a dumb idea that's being kept because most likely Ed Boon just likes how it looks.

Now they've committed so much resources to it that if a couple months down the line it's still trash, the community will simply have to deal with it because you can't turn it off.
So don't wager. You lose nothing. Stop complaining.

All I know is when someone makes a YouTube video with all of them... it will be one of my favorite videos ^_^
That's not going to be easy. Just going by one match in the archives, there are sometimes two different bits of dialogue for each pair of characters. Even with 24 characters...that's 23(24 for mirror matches) lines of dialogue PER CHARACTER. That's gonna be one LONG video. I hope that someone DOES have that much time, or there's a sound test, or something, or there's no way you're gonna hear them all.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
That's not going to be easy. Just going by one match in the archives, there are sometimes two different bits of dialogue for each pair of characters. Even with 24 characters...that's 23(24 for mirror matches) lines of dialogue PER CHARACTER. That's gonna be one LONG video. I hope that someone DOES have that much time, or there's a sound test, or something, or there's no way you're gonna hear them all.

People do it, there's videos of every bit of unique opening/ending dialogue for UMvC3.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

But the entire point of meter is basically wagering and using it to get an advantage which is countered by their use of meter. this seems to put more strain on watching the meter bars too

Just because it's done as a breaker of sorts really doesn't change it.

I thought there were going to do this with mk9 when it first came out with the intros. Turned out everyone only had 1 intro. Still, pretty cool that their going for this much detail.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
I can picture the Batman mirror now....

"I'm Batman"
"No, I'm Batman"
"No, I'M BATMAN!!"
"NO! I'M MOTHERFUCKING BATMAN"

*CLASH*

Winning Batman: "Told you I was Batman. Bitch"

I really liked the Clayface reference that someone suggested for the Batman mirror clash. I've thought of a couple mirror clash dialogue.

Wonder Woman
"An illusion of Circe's I presume?"
"You presume wrong, imposter."

Flash
"I can run circles around you, Zoom!"
"You're the only Zoom here."

Superman
"Its back to the Phantom Zone with you, Bizarro."
"The only one going away is you."

Nightwing
"You're going back to Arkham, Clayface."
"Batman trained me to spot your disguise."

Shazam!
"I see your jealous, Adam."
"I'm the real Shazam!"

I can't think of any others.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
IMO what will make or break the clash mechanic is how useful the meter is in general.

Combo breakers are king in MK9, which is partly because they are so good, and partly because most EX attacks are not great, and X-rays suck.

So far in Injustice, meter seems a bit more useful.

1 bar for pushblock which is huge, cause fuck Kabal and Johnny Cage.
1 bar for meter burn specials, which so far look much more useful then MK9, with a lot of them adding ground bounces, or other ways to extend combos.
2 bars for combo cancels, which may or may not be useful, will probably depend on the character.
1/2 bars to meter burn a heavy attack, which in the current builds basically gives everyone an armored launcher.
4 bars for Super, probably still not very useful.

Right now I'm not so sure wasting all your meter to wager in a clash is really that great of a plan, but we will have to wait and see.

Still I wouldn't mind an option to turn it off, just because it slows down a match.
Or maybe a toggle that turns it into a proper combo breaker, but still functions similar, only one use, and costs no meter.
God damn meter management actually sounds like it'll be even more important in this game than in MK9.

Siky

Noob
I'm just going to say this, people like Shadowknight1 and trufenix basically love telling everyone "hey bro, don't like it? don't participate". Keep it up, your posts so far if they were deleted from the internet forever wouldn't make a dent in any discussion, it'd just save space.

If you guys ever decide to come up with real arguments for defending mechanics you're fine with, let the rest of the world know.

I'm just going to say this, people like Shadowknight1 and trufenix basically love telling everyone "hey bro, don't like it? don't participate". Keep it up, your posts so far if they were deleted from the internet forever wouldn't make a dent in any discussion, it'd just save space.

If you guys ever decide to come up with real arguments for defending mechanics you're fine with, let the rest of the world know.
I don't see why we need to defend the mechanic to you when you've obviously made up your mind that because you dislike a mechanic that you've never used, the game must be crap. That's what I'm getting from your post.

trufenix

bye felicia
You had the option to suggest a reason why you had to use it, and you opted instead to reply like a smug douche. I hope when mine go, yours do too.

Skipping it IS the defense, that's why its called a wager and not a holy shit this is totally mandatory.

Scenario A: You score a hit, so somebody clashes you. The combo is now broken.

Outcome
1: You don't want to lose meter, so you don't bet
2: You want to deny them free health or do more damage, so you do bet.

Scenario B: You get hit, so you clash to break the combo.

Outcome:
1) You don't need more health, so you don't bet.
2) You need health, so you do bet.

You have to make this choice twice a match. The End.

How about we open a new thread with a poll: "Yes / No to Clash-Wager-Mode" and send the outcome to Ed Boon via Twitter?

How about we open a new thread with a poll: "Yes / No to Clash-Wager-Mode" and send the outcome to Ed Boon via Twitter?
I think it's far too late to remove an entire mechanic from the game. Not only that, but that's all those lines of dialogue rendered worthless if they did remove it.

I think it's far too late to remove an entire mechanic from the game. Not only that, but that's all those lines of dialogue rendered worthless if they did remove it.
All of that is obviously the case, but simply to show him that people who like fighting games will probably not agree with that mechanic.
I remember the russian tournament with the 2 Flashes and you basically had 3-4 Clashs during one match. That was some terrible shit.

I understand every single person who thinks that the Clash system could become quite annoying after a short while.
Obviously it can't be worse than all the supers in UMvC3 which take more time from the actual gameplay than Injustice will, but still ...

... Clash feels annoying, at least to me.
In UMvC3 you have to bash buttons very often which helps kinda the pace of the entire animation, but in Injustice the decision to wager or not wager will mostly be made instantly and you'll have to sit through the animation and IF the game evolves in the way where Clash is as crucial as a combo breaker and you see that shit 3-4 times per fight, that will hurt the game for sure. No matter how optimistic one is.

Imagine how it is when you play the fighting game, you maybe lose the match and you have to wait for the system to find a new opponent and for you to get into the match again.
During that time I'm furious and mash buttons, because I want to enter the fight as soon as possible again. I don't want to wait any second longer.

Clash =/ fun.

I remember the russian tournament with the 2 Flashes and you basically had 3-4 Clashs during one match. That was some terrible shit.
While that was a valid concern, it isn't any more, you can only clash once. As for "interrupting the flow", isn't that kind of the point? You're trying to save your ass in the middle of a combo?