What's new

Injustice 2 Release Date for the Americas by Ed Boon

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah I feel like this post is super biased. Was Inj 1's early meta of "Superman lul" really that exciting? And MKX's early meta of Bojutsu's and Skrub Zeros running rampant, how about that? I'd argue it's much less exciting cause people just tend to use the easiest, cheesiest tactic to get easy wins, especially when there's big money on the line.

I know MKX isn't perfect but id much rather see this refined version of the game at EVO than early Injustice 2. MKX has a lot more to offer, and people will probably bring up the legacy game argument, but probably around half the cast are gonna be new and the same launch problems will most likely occur. I mean we were getting places with MKX balance, then 4 DLC characters came along and ruined it for a while.

Opinions are opinions though and I respect that. Yours is just wrong :DOGE
Obviously specific characters can be too strong early, but the community also overreacts early and everything gets prematurely nerfed so we can't say for certain if these characters were undeniably broken.

Regardless, the early meta is always more exciting and entertaining. Because that's before SonicFox knows every character and match-up so other people still have a chance.

To be clear, I'm not talking week 1 or even month 1 meta. But month 2 meta which is what Injustice 2 will be at EVO. Obviously as a player it's more exciting later on because you don't lose to unknown matchups or random shit (usually), you lose because you get outplayed (offline). Unfortunately for me in MKX, I was definitely getting outplayed... but more consistently outguessed. Not hating on MKX, just isn't the game for me.

Last edited: