What's new

Injustice 2 Release Date for the Americas by Ed Boon

Suspicious of what?... self entitlement is pretty rank, you should get a handle on it. Sounds to me you just want to complain about something, anything.

They could have just said nothing, so instead they said something.. and instead of taking that as "cool they told us something" you spinning some BS about it being a bad sign or some similar rubbish.

It is people like you that makes the updates so far an few in between.

A good example is the complete naivety and ignorance on how game development works is when the 1st reveal was done. NRS busted their hump to give us a peak for no reason other than we as fans wanted it, they were doing US a favour. Sure there was a advertising element but instead of people getting into it and being glad for the cool preview they went ape shit about moves, graphics, faces... ALL of which would total change and be fixed.. but oh no.. people like to rant and rave and talk shit.

So why on EARTH would they give us any preview of anything, until it is super close to release? As ANYthing they do (even announcing a release date) gets attacked by so called fans.

Pisses me off. The entire attitude of some people around here.
lol. Its honestly not a big deal to me. Suspicious was the wrong word to use. I just find it odd, with the lack of info and how the new footage they released was of something (Super Girl) they had already shown, that they wouldn't use this opportunity to generate more interest. I dont feel entitled to anything, just stating my thoughts.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I think people are just super excited and a bit bummed that there's no news. There's no need to blow people up because they want more info. It makes sense to want more info because in the past, NRS has delivered on that. I get that they might very well not have a ton to show right now but still, people want something to grab and be hype about. A lot of people haven't seen any characters that interest them and that can be a real bummer and can cause people to become very hungry for more content to be shown off.
NRS is known to have below toadstool levels of communication, attacking each other on the forum won't change that.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Suspicious of what?... self entitlement is pretty rank, you should get a handle on it. Sounds to me you just want to complain about something, anything.

They could have just said nothing, so instead they said something.. and instead of taking that as "cool they told us something" you spinning some BS about it being a bad sign or some similar rubbish.

A good example is the complete naivety and ignorance on how game development works is when the 1st reveal was done. NRS busted their hump to give us a peak for no reason other than we as fans wanted it, they were doing US a favour. Sure there was a advertising element but instead of people getting into it and being glad for the cool preview they went ape shit about moves, graphics, faces... ALL of which would total change and be fixed.. but oh no.. people like to rant and rave and talk shit.

So why on EARTH would they give us any preview of anything, until it is super close to release? As ANYthing they do (even announcing a release date) gets attacked by so called fans.

Whoa, whoa

You came at him kind of hard for him just having said he was suspicious. I agree, there's nothing to be suspicious of here; but you wrote him a dissertation, haha :cool:

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I'd rather see Injustice 2 but I don't play MKX so I'm biased. Plus early meta of games is way more exciting and entertaining because no one has anything figured out yet.
Yeah I feel like this post is super biased. Was Inj 1's early meta of "Superman lul" really that exciting? And MKX's early meta of Bojutsu's and Skrub Zeros running rampant, how about that? I'd argue it's much less exciting cause people just tend to use the easiest, cheesiest tactic to get easy wins, especially when there's big money on the line.

I know MKX isn't perfect but id much rather see this refined version of the game at EVO than early Injustice 2. MKX has a lot more to offer, and people will probably bring up the legacy game argument, but probably around half the cast are gonna be new and the same launch problems will most likely occur. I mean we were getting places with MKX balance, then 4 DLC characters came along and ruined it for a while.

Opinions are opinions though and I respect that. Yours is just wrong :DOGE

Reactions: Ram

JDM

Noob
Ya p sure it got delayed if it's releasing like a month later than expected. Idk how anyone can be hype for this weren't we expecting an April release? Lol.

Waiting for some actual info...

Kokoko

Somehow
We'll get new info soon, guys.

MKX: 2014 (June - December) - 4 trailers (1 CGI, 3 gameplay)
I2: 2016 (June - December) - 4 trailers (1 CGI, 3 gameplay)

MKX: 2015 (January - April) - 10 trailers + mobile stuff + Kombat Kasts + Story Mode + videos like "Next", "Konnections" + Kombat Pack 1 reveal
I2:???

The storm is coming...

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I really don't think they need all the advertising anymore there is zero chance this game will not sell with the DC license attached. I would rather have them spend that money on balance and bugs.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
So with their movies having a huge push, and the injustice comic being a big hit, I assume they're gonna have a big marketing campaign this spring. This they give us Supergirl breakdow to remind us without playing their whole hand too early.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole

WB and NRS have a release schedule for updates and trailers that have nothing to do with how we and others react. Don't try to push the bs that because some people complained about faces that they threw a tantrum and said " no more news for you." That's ridiculous.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Release is less than 5 and a half months away and only like 7 characters are confirmed. We definitely have enough info to determine solid accurate tier lists.

WoWo: S+ Goddess of War Daughter of Zeus Tier.

Everyone who's not WoWo: F- Garbage gtfo tier.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
WB and NRS have a release schedule for updates and trailers that have nothing to do with how we and others react. Don't try to push the bs that because some people complained about faces that they threw a tantrum and said " no more news for you." That's ridiculous.
you can not seriously believe that right? I mean, like most silly posts it is a half truth.. but if you think WB has anything to do with twitter posts of devs and spoiler stuff they leak out your just do off base.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
you can not seriously believe that right? I mean, like most silly posts it is a half truth.. but if you think WB has anything to do with twitter posts of devs and spoiler stuff they leak out your just do off base.
For official updates/trailers, WB absolutely is involved in those decisions. I didn't mention anything about spoilers or tweets from devs. Keep twisting those words, maybe someday you'll wring out some golden dew. ;)

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
lol. Its honestly not a big deal to me. Suspicious was the wrong word to use. I just find it odd, with the lack of info and how the new footage they released was of something (Super Girl) they had already shown, that they wouldn't use this opportunity to generate more interest. I don't feel entitled to anything, just stating my thoughts.
No need to explain. I think many were hoping that the first official news of the year would also have some new reveal(s) or something similar. I also think that many of us knew that a April/May release was most likely, so that wasn't a big surprise. Maybe soon we will get something juicy, but for now...the hype is but a flicker.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
I didn't expect tht since we barely get any info ...lack of hype around inj2 compared to the first is crazy lol