What's new

Injustice 2 first 3 DLC revealed

E

Eldriken

I get what you're saying, but at the same time, if you got the character(s) you wanted, then don't worry about who else is in.

Raiden is a pretty lame guest but I'm not gonna use him and I literally got every character I wanted so idc. Raiden is gonna pull money into the game anyways so it isn't a total waste on that part.

But yea I see what you mean
Normally I wouldn't have voiced my opinion on the matter because I share the same opinion on it as you. I usually don't care who else makes it into the game (base roster or DLC) if who I would like to play is in the game.

But it's whatever. As long as some folks are happy about it, then I can't look at it as if it's an overall bad decision. They're the folks who know what they're doing, not me. lol

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Guy on the far left is obviously the Puzzler:

No but seriously, he has utility belt and gauntlets. I'd be hype if it was the Atom. Guy to the right of Black Manta looks like Bronze Tiger, but he's fairly obscure...
I'm most confident about the silhouette to the left of Raiden being Azrael. Girl on the right? Enchantress, I'd guess.

All of these guesses are fairly obscure characters so I don't know...

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Guy on the far left is obviously the Puzzler:

No but seriously, he has utility belt and gauntlets. I'd be hype if it was the Atom. Guy to the right of Black Manta looks like Bronze Tiger, but he's fairly obscure...
I'm most confident about the silhouette to the left of Raiden being Azrael. Girl on the right? Enchantress, I'd guess.

All of these guesses are fairly obscure characters so I don't know...
wrong it's Papa CAGE...

never been into DC but learned a bit from NRS games. but ive never heard of sub-zero, whats his story? but i get he has ice powers, isnt he a waste when captain cold is already in?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I brightened up the end image, Raiden and Black Manta are obvious. Maybe Shazam to the left of Raiden? Really hard to say.

From left to right: Johnny Cage, Black Manta, Rorschach, Sub Zero, Starfire, Red Hood, Ares, Raiden, Vixen. It is not difficult.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
The Facebook community: Mad there's DLC announced before the game releases

The Reddit community: Mad that MK characters are included as DLC

TYM: Mad about Red Hood, Starfire, and MK characters

The entire Injustice community: Happy about Black Manta

This was a joke filled with generalisations.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
People think that's either Azrael or Spawn next to Raiden. Guess we'll find out soon, I hope that chick is Star Sapphire not Enchantress but the chick has claws on her finger nails more like Enchantress so who knows.

We can see Raiden and Black Manta(yuck, never liked him) would much prefer Aqualad or Ocean Master but whatever. Honestly, if Spawn don't make the cut I'll be very surprised. It's funny I said months ago I'd be fine with Sub or Raiden haha, looks like we'll get both. I'm fine with it, Sub and Raiden are among the few in MK who can fight these guys so I'm not complaining.

For the Reveal

Sub-Zero=yay

Red Hood=Awesome

Starfire=whatever lol, she looks good though.

I wonder if Jim Lee designed Subby again like he did Scorpion.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
A little disappointed in in the reveals, Red hood looks kind of lame so hoping he has some gear.

The Sub Zero look is interesting, looks a little weird costume wise, Noob-Zero would be dope tho.

I'm loving the way Starfire looks though, they have improved in that department.

You got to give Kudos to NRS, all the characters shown and the silhouettes are characters that are new (barring sub zero and Raiden, but they could always do something new with them.) There don't appear to be any legacy characters, while that does suck for those that wanted them from the last game, it'll be cool to have completely new characters.
You say "A little disappointed with the reveals", then proceed to explain the exact opposite and even give NRS props (minus red hood).

Nothing particularly wrong with that it just made me laugh so I figured I would point it out.

Canapper

Insignificant speck of feculent scum
I love this dlc pack but if we are getting mk characters couldn't we get shinnok? :rolleyes::p

It is very unlikely those silhouettes are placeholders, especially because two of them are super clear. Some people will buy the Ultimate Edition just because they see Raiden or Black Manta in the background, imagine if it was just a "lol placeholder". That's false marketing.
Let's not forget about Baraka's shadow in the Kombat Pack 2 tease. Also, Freddy Grueger, Kitana and another shadow with a hat that resembles Rorschach in the initial Injustice 2 roster shadows.

I think they are just trolling with these shadows of Black Manta and Raiden. Netherrealm would also need to remake the stage transition of Atlantis because Black manta already interacts with the characters, so they would have to remove him and put another thing in that place when Black Manta is fighting. I think is just too much trouble for only 1 character.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Let's not forget about Baraka's shadow in the Kombat Pack 2 tease. Also, Freddy Grueger, Kitana and another shadow with a hat that resembles Rorschach in the initial Injustice 2 roster shadows.

I think they are just trolling with these shadows of Black Manta and Raiden. Netherrealm would also need to remake the stage transition of Atlantis because Black manta already interacts with the characters, so they would have to remove him and put another thing in that place when Black Manta is fighting. I think is just too much trouble for only 1 character.
Could I see a picture of the Baraka silhouette you're talking about? Roster silhouettes are different, firstly they were super ambiguous and secondly these are characters you're literally paying for separate from the full game and these silhouettes are way too obvious to be just "trolling".

Martian Manhunter and Doomsday were in the background of stages in Injustice 1 and Brainiac is seen sitting in one of the stages in Injustice 2. Wouldn't be much different from those. Also with the multiple universes thing Injustice has going for it it wouldn't even be that weird to see Black Manta do a stage transition on himself.

Blitzace10

The Aquatic Ace
Congrats to all the people who wanted Starfire and Red Hood. Starfire was needed because of the lack of Females in the hero side. Im still holding out for Mera though.

A lot more salt than I thought there would be for this reveal. In my opinion, this roster is absolutely amazing. The MK characters don't bother me. I'd rather those be the guest characters than some of the shit I've seen suggested. There's so many characters I'm interested in playing....

- Grodd
- Fate
- Firestorm
- Brainiac
- Manta
- Red Hood
- Cold
- Darkseid
- Atrocitus
- Scarecrow

I'm sure I'm forgetting several, too. I couldn't be happier, personally.
It's weird how mad people are getting about mk. Just about all the signals pointed to an mk character, most likely being subzero. Maybe they should go with just subzero but it's like people forgot scorpion was in inj1

Could I see a picture of the Baraka silhouette you're talking about? Roster silhouettes are different, firstly they were super ambiguous and secondly these are characters you're literally paying for separate from the full game and these silhouettes are way too obvious to be just "trolling".

Martian Manhunter and Doomsday were in the background of stages in Injustice 1 and Brainiac is seen sitting in one of the stages in Injustice 2. Wouldn't be much different from those. Also with the multiple universes thing Injustice has going for it it wouldn't even be that weird to see Black Manta do a stage transition on himself.
I was talking about this teaser:

http://www.crossmap.com/uploads/images/2/86/28621.jpg

But yeah you're right, now that I looked at the image, it's not identical to Baraka like the Black Manta or Raiden in the trailer. I was wrong.

I just think it's wierd that they put Black Manta in a character transition if would plan to put him as a DLC, It's just extra work. But yeah I'm sure Netherrealm could make it work, maybe they didn't plan to put him as a DLC in the begining.