What's new

Injustice 2 Announcement Trailer + PS Blog Post from Tyler Lansdown

shura30

Shura
Being asked and providing an option are two very different scenarios. One of them is good for everybody.
sure, let's just go online
I don't have a shiny +10% damage gloves while your mommy's credit card already bought you a full set of top tier armor

but that's just speculation..can't blame the thought tho since this is the world we live in

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
no panic
but remember that they asked 20$ to unlock everything in the krypt and easy fatality tokens

I bet we will be able to unlock stuff by farming or by pushing money directly into the game
I'll bet one of my kidneys that $ will get you all the gear. This is a dirty little tactic because they know we're lazy/busy people.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hmm, hopefully there's an option to disable the visual changes; that or the gameplay changes only affect the single-player content. I'd hate to have to wear some ugly costume piece for my character to play a specific way.

Last edited:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Hmm, hopefully there's an option to disable the visual changes; that or the gameplay changes only affect the single-player content. I'd hate to have to wear some ugly costume piece for my character to play a specific way.
It also makes you wonder how NRS will be able to sell us 19 Batman skins and 24 Superman skins!!!!!!!!!

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
If the customization affects gameplay then I'm really interested how that works in the tournament scene because everybody's going to want THEIR version of the character. Maybe they'll work it like Smash and say everyone has to use the vanilla character, but I would be so much more interested in seeing everyone's custom fighter and style.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
So Supergirl, Grodd, and Atrocious are new plus "the biggest roster in a DC fighter" means at least 28 at launch right?

"
Players can play from the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game, from classic fan favorites such as Batman, Superman, Supergirl and Aquaman, to astonishing new villains like Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd.

"

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
That gear/RPG system sounds like an interesting take on a story mode, but I'm curious to see how or if they work it into the online/competative scene. At first thought it doesn't seem like it would mix well.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Wow, according to Boon:

"Every character in Injustice 2 will have "a vast, vast array of what we're calling gear" – costume pieces and equipment that are used to upgrade your abilities – according to Boon. The superhero you start controlling at the beginning of the game won't have the same skills as the one you end with. Players will determine whether they want more speed, more health, more strength, and the like. "There are thousands and thousands of pieces for, let's say, the Flash," he says. "You are in the constant process of making your version of the Flash."

This all sounds like single-player nonsense to me. There's no way to balance that many variables for a tournament-level experience.