What's new

Incredibly difficult logic problem.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Ask yes or no questions. Ask one, is the sky blue? Ask the other, (gesture to a tree), is that a tree? And after ruling out their responses, ask the final question

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You did not have it right. You just disregarded the obvious rules of the question and answered another question that isnt challenging.
Except I did have it right, as the obvious rules only said I needed to ask one question of each to ascertain the answer with the risk of being lied to. He only put in the second clause after a few people found solutions through gestures.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ask yes or no questions. Ask one, is the sky blue? Ask the other, (gesture to a tree), is that a tree? And after ruling out their responses, ask the final question
Actually this kinda works, but the third guard fucks it up lol. If you get the truth teller and the liar as the first 2 guards, then the third guard may lie to your last question or not, which makes the answer incorrect.

You simply ask "Are you a liar?"

The truthful guard will always say no

The guard lying will say no, but when he actually is a liar. He will say no, therefore he is still lying to you.
The random guard will always say no, because if he's telling the truth, he will say no. If he decided to lie, he will want to trick you, and not tell you he's a liar.

The liar can't answer yes because then he's not lying.
The truthful one will always answer no

This way you can find out what Da and Ba mean since they all will answer the same way

The guard lying will say no, but when he actually is a liar. He will say no, therefore he is still lying to you.
The random guard will always say no, because if he's telling the truth, he will say no. If he decided to lie, he will want to trick you, and not tell you he's a liar.

Ok, but where is the conclusion on which road you'll take.

This way you can find out what Da and Ba mean since they all will nswer the same way
Guard 2 is random, it can be Yes or No. And you don't know what Da or Ba specifically means as Yes or a No.

Guard 2 is random, it can be Yes or No. And you don't know what Da or Ba specifically means as Yes or a No.
If you read the question, it says he will answer truthfully or falsely , not yes or no.

By asking the question are you a liar, EVERYONE will say NO.

Because you know there is one TRUTHFUL person, so all of them will say NO.

If the random guard chooses to be truthful, he will say NO.
If he chooses to lie, he will say NO, he's not a liar, but that's the lie right there!

If you read the question, it says he will answer truthfully or falsely , not yes or no.

By asking the question are you a liar, EVERYONE will say NO.

Because you know there is one TRUTHFUL person, so all of them will say NO.

If the random guard chooses to be truthful, he will say NO.
If he chooses to lie, he will say NO, he's not a liar, but that's the lie right there!
But than that doesn't solve which path you got to take!

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Guard two will randomly answer truthfully or falsely. His answer itself will not be random.

Mr. Mileena is correct in this instance. This will elicit what Da and Ba mean. However, you have to use the next two questions to determine which path to go down.

EDIT: Although I would amend the question because the random person can truthfully answer, yes I am a liar if he is in the truthful state (cause he still has the capacity to lie).

Guard two will randomly answer truthfully or falsely. His answer itself will not be random.

Mr. Mileena is correct in this instance. This will elicit what Da and Ba mean. However, you have to use the next two questions to determine which path to go down.

EDIT: Although I would amend the question because the random person can truthfully answer, yes I am a liar if he is in the truthful state (cause he still has the capacity to lie).
Hold on, how can the guards be sequenced. Assign numbers on guards doesn't solve the problem, does it?

Guard x
Guard y 's answers -----> 2Ba/1Da or 2Da/1Ba -----> Path Death/Path Glory
Guard z

I took last clue basically tells us to disregard all seemingly influential variables, random guard, lie and truth. A common link will solve it.
@Pan1cMode

I would ask them all, "If I wanted to be rich, would the other guards advice me to take the left path?

(If left is the safe path to take)
The truthful one would always answer NO (meaning the others would advise me to take the wrong path, right) because they would lie and tell me to take the right direction.
The liars would say NO (because the truthful one would say yes it is the left one, but the liars would say no to fool you), because the truthful one would tell them the left path, but they don't want you to know that.

In this case, they all answered either Da or Ba, meaning the left path is safe.

Or if the correct path is the right one in the long run, and you ask the same question

The truthful one would say YES (because he is letting you know they want you to die)

The liars would say NO( because the truthful one would say YES, but they trick you into thinking the truthful one is the liar!)

So if you think the left lane is the correct choice, ALL MUST SAY DA or BA as a whole.

If you think the left lane is the correct choice, and you have one DA and one BA or a mix of both, then take the opposite path!!!

All same answer = safe path

different anwers= change the direction based on how you worded it (if you said right, go left, if you said left, go right_

@Pan1cMode I know i got it right now

Last edited: