What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Bojutsu In Case You Were Wondering Who Beats Bojutsu Kung Jin...

D

Deleted member 9158

I haven't met a good Kung Jin, but even the bad ones are irksome. Though I find quan chi can keep him out, or vortex him into oblivion. I use warlock quan and I find keep him full screen with skulls, runes and F3 helps. But once he gets in quan crumbles.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
This sounds like the same bill people sold back in mk9 saying characters beat kabal 6-4. But we will see in time.
except no iagb or nomad dash cancels.

Spec Ops Cassie Cage and Summoner Quan Chi are both great choices against Kung Jin.

Buzz Lao is also massively underrated atm and definitely a top tier threat. Watch foxy and understand how great Lao still is
mb flying kick. if I lose to a Quan Chi, it's cuz his vortex...not his zoning.

#BuffKungJin

Edit: Quan Chi is far more a pain in the ass than reptile could dream of ever being right now lol.
Absolutely not, mb flying kick gets blown up by Reptile's ball unless it's close to the beginning of the flying kick. Kung Jin HAS to walk in/jump in and his jump is shit. I've never played a Quan Chi that blew me up with zoning and I've played Wonder Chef lol

@PND OmegaK
I played a few games online with you the other day in the Grandmaster Sub vs Jin MU and I think Sub does pretty well. You have to be on point with your space control though, and have to sit much further behind the clone than any other mu just cause of Jin's range. It is mostly about baiting your opponent into making mistakes, so I'm not sure how effective Sub will be as the Kung Jin community develops further but I'd like to know what the rest of you guys think.
Sub Zero does well but he doesn't win. I realized that after playing that SubZeroooos guy or whatever tf his name is. You can't jump in tho, but if you focus on spacing, Kung Jin goes even with GMSZ.

Ball setups can get blown up by tech rolls.
So my game plan is the roll away against somebody with better zoning tools than me? You may not know this but Kung Jin's best tool for getting in vs zoners is MB Flying Kick...towards the end of the flight, his armor becomes a weak bitch. If Reptile throws out a slow ball on read, KJ gets popped up.

You don't understand how good his MB Flying Kick is lol It's not even hella negative on block.

Cage can fight him with no real issues.
From my experience, Cage sucks against KJ's zoning options. I have played hella lame against him and he couldn't really do much.

Stop making me go back to my downplaying days. It's not even about the MU, I just don't want a Reptile bandwagon because of supposedly being able to beat KJ.
There won't be a Reptile bandwagon because I said he beats KJ lol he may not even, it may just be me leveling up. But I feel like there is obvious, glaring issues for KJ vs Reptile. But you can't be some scrandy randy just auto selecting Reptile to beat KJ. It's still KJ lol you have to be good.

Kitana out zones Kung Jinn. Even using ancestral you have to respect the fans. They got a huge hotbox. Even Jaqui out zones Jin with full auto. You gotta respect both. Move in with patience and attack with bojutsu. If you want of course.
It's to the point where I've only not played 16Bit's Kitana lol Kung Jin makes Kitana his bitch. You duck her projectiles and then when you get up close, Kitana is a goner. I've said this 15 times in this post haha but MB Flying Kick on reaction vs zoners, it works. Not against Full Auto Jacqui, you actually have to play patiently vs her, I agree. But once KJ is in, Jacqui's footsie tools are shit. I try to tell Jacqui players not to try to outfootsie KJ, you'll lose every time. I've never had a hard time against a Jacqui.

You have no idea...
I don't think Liu Kang particularly beats KJ, Liu Kang's pressure is just an issue for everybody but Kung Jin hits way harder. If you counter anything Liu Kang does, you're doing like 18% more damage and LK players have to respect that. I think they go even.

Sub Zero does well but he doesn't win. I realized that after playing that SubZeroooos guy or whatever tf his name is. You can't jump in tho, but if you focus on spacing, Kung Jin goes even with GMSZ.
Yeah that MU seems to be a 5-5. I think most of Subs MUs are even or slightly in his favor, depending on variation of course.

Eijiken

Noob

Absolutely not, mb flying kick gets blown up by Reptile's ball unless it's close to the beginning of the flying kick. Kung Jin HAS to walk in/jump in and his jump is shit. I've never played a Quan Chi that blew me up with zoning and I've played Wonder Chef lol

So my game plan is the roll away against somebody with better zoning tools than me? You may not know this but Kung Jin's best tool for getting in vs zoners is MB Flying Kick...towards the end of the flight, his armor becomes a weak bitch. If Reptile throws out a slow ball on read, KJ gets popped up.

You don't understand how good his MB Flying Kick is lol It's not even hella negative on block.

From my experience, Cage sucks against KJ's zoning options. I have played hella lame against him and he couldn't really do much.

There won't be a Reptile bandwagon because I said he beats KJ lol he may not even, it may just be me leveling up. But I feel like there is obvious, glaring issues for KJ vs Reptile. But you can't be some scrandy randy just auto selecting Reptile to beat KJ. It's still KJ lol you have to be good.

It's to the point where I've only not played 16Bit's Kitana lol Kung Jin makes Kitana his bitch. You duck her projectiles and then when you get up close, Kitana is a goner. I've said this 15 times in this post haha but MB Flying Kick on reaction vs zoners, it works. Not against Full Auto Jacqui, you actually have to play patiently vs her, I agree. But once KJ is in, Jacqui's footsie tools are shit. I try to tell Jacqui players not to try to outfootsie KJ, you'll lose every time. I've never had a hard time against a Jacqui.

I don't think Liu Kang particularly beats KJ, Liu Kang's pressure is just an issue for everybody but Kung Jin hits way harder. If you counter anything Liu Kang does, you're doing like 18% more damage and LK players have to respect that. I think they go even.
EX Flying Kick is pretty underrated for sure, but I think the mentality is that people tend to think MB Bo Spin/Low Bo Spin seems to catch more people off guard because of the overhead mixup and near guaranteed hit with the low bo spin (for some reason that second hit ALWAYS catches people) whereas I only see the EX Flying kick to make pressure strings safe or to armor through bullshit for a hard knockdown.

Kitana has literally ass oki. I f3 her shit all day and laugh. Full auto Jacqui is annoying to everyone without a teleport, just gotta play that patience game. Also, everyone seems to forget KJ has one of the best sweeps in the game (d+b4)...shit can hit through sub-zero ice clones for a poke. So its not like you have to get within arms length, when you can sweep, then try to read a jump with a f2 or something.

Reptile is a MU I definitely need more experience with, but it seems like they can go either way IMO

Naug

Noob
I have the same issue, is it me or aren't there a lot of EU PS4 players?
I find tons of EU PS4 players. They're just all newbies. More good players in KotH tho. But maybe that was the case with MK9 / I:GAU as well, idk.

EVB_VenDeTTa

Still Glad You Were Born?!

You just said exactly what I said, in a nutshell...
Be patient with fans and guns and bojutsu can own.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It's definitely a good tool when needing to get in. His best. But it's really his only option when getting zoned out, and if it is too predictable it'll be crushed by EX Knives. On block Kano also has a ton of options and tools to use next, and to create more space again, forcing Jin to have to take more risks. Many more than most of his MU's.

I dunno man, between @General M2Dave @dribirut myself, and most of the Kano community we've been calling this 5-5 at worst, advantage Kano possibly.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
It's definitely a good tool when needing to get in. His best. But it's really his only option when getting zoned out, and if it is too predictable it'll be crushed by EX Knives. On block Kano also has a ton of options and tools to use next, and to create more space again, forcing Jin to have to take more risks. Many more than most of his MU's.

I dunno man, between @General M2Dave @dribirut myself, and most of the Kano community we've been calling this 5-5 at worst, advantage Kano possibly.
I can agree with 5-5, I think Kung Jin has better footsies but Kano's footsies are still good and his zoning is hella good too. You can't dictate a matchup on speculation that one character will spam something with armor tho, it comes down to Kano dealing with KJ pressure