What's new

Combo List - Shinnok Impostor Shinnok Mimicry combo/vortex options Megathread. Will be updated regularly.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
found out some things with tanya. he steals cannon drill from her and gets vortext

F4
meterless - f4 xx drill 112 xx mimicry 26%
1 bar - f4 xx drill 112 xx hellsparks (ex 3rd hit) f2 mimicry 40%

b3
NOTE: in order to pop tanya high enough to get 112, you need to do the drill on the fist few available strings. not super strict but if you dont do it early enough she wont be launched high enough, in that case you swap 112 with f4
meterless - b3 drill 112 xx mimicry 27%
1 bar - b3 drill 112 xx hellsparks (ex 3rd hit) f2 mimicry 40%

pretty solid if you ask me

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
You don't need to test it to know it's fuzzy guardable. If the low is 7 frames and the overhead is 18 it is fuzzy guardable, moreso than most other mixups in the game. So don't tell us to not confuse people when you're the one spreading misinformation.
I have some issues with saying that it is fuzzyable. In certain situations, like off of a jump in, you may be right. To break the fuzzy you would have to change the timing which leaves you open to other attacks. Off of mimicry, however, this is not the case because you can go in and mix them up at anytime that you want because of the hit advantage of the move. This is a true vortex, at least in some MUs.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I have some issues with saying that it is fuzzyable. In certain situations, like off of a jump in, you may be right. To break the fuzzy you would have to change the timing which leaves you open to other attacks. Off of mimicry, however, this is not the case because you can go in and mix them up at anytime that you want because of the hit advantage of the move. This is a true vortex, at least in some MUs.
Are you thinking of maining Shinnok now? Just curious. Really liked your sinestro

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I'm just saying it's possible, not saying you're going to do it every time.

Yes, it cannot be fuzzied. That should be obvious to anyone.

Reactions wise. Even if the opponent could react to Shinnok's silhouette shifting to block the overhead you could just duck quickly to bait them and then go low. However, no one I play has reactions that quick.

Like you said Shinnok has 1.5 real time seconds to hit you with the mixup after mimicry.
So you cannot "Fuzzy" the mixup.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
What I would do if I were trying to fuzzy the mixup is hold crouch block and then react to any kind of movement by stand blocking. I would not react in time to not be crouch blocking the low since it's so fast but I would be standing in time to block the overhead. However this is super baitable by shinnok by crouching or just causing a sudden movement and then going low. So imo people will just guess.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
What I would do if I were trying to fuzzy the mixup is hold crouch block and then react to any kind of movement by stand blocking. I would not react in time to not be crouch blocking the low since it's so fast but I would be standing in time to block the overhead. However this is super baitable by shinnok by crouching or just causing a sudden movement and then going low. So imo people will just guess.
Insinuating there is ever a possible situation you can fuzzy the mixup?! Blasphemy! :DOGE

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
so idk whats been posted, this thread is far too long or me to look through but im starting to make videos showing options for the vortex against the cast. the combos thus far are optimal and are relatively easy to do. so far i have lao, kotal and ermac done. im leaving for a family vacation in italy tonight so i wont be able to do much more but im bringing my laptop with the pc version so i will have combos made.

midscreen: - OH meterless 30%, OH 1 bar 35%, low 1 bar 37%
corner - OH meterless 37%, low meterless 32%, low 1 bar 43%

midscreen - OH meterless 36%, OH 1 bar 40%, low 1 bar 39%
corner - OH meterless 38%, low 1 bar 44%, low 2 bars 59%

midscreen - OH meterless 28%, OH 1bar 37%, low meterless 21%, low 1 bar 37%
corner - OH meterless 32%, low 1 bar 37%, low 2 bars 53%

IMO it is totally worth it to burn 2 bars to break 50% back into mimicry :)

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
so idk whats been posted, this thread is far too long or me to look through but im starting to make videos showing options for the vortex against the cast. the combos thus far are optimal and are relatively easy to do. so far i have lao, kotal and ermac done. im leaving for a family vacation in italy tonight so i wont be able to do much more but im bringing my laptop with the pc version so i will have combos made.

I've made vids for everyone mid screen and corner (no 2 bars though). Can link them tomorrow, you'll probably find more optimised setups

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
As I said some can be optimized but I try to keep them similar to make execution easier. Also for the 1 bar combos off the low I always go for MB sparks after f4 (and not the stolen move) since it makes no sense to be unsafe when you can be safe.

(this one can probably be applied to more characters)

@RM Jonnitti

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
a bunch of nonsense but trying to give youa notification
[/USER]

for tanya midscreen i do this and it does more damage than all the combos you posted and pretty easy

f4 xx drill 112 xx mimicry
b3 drill 112 xx mimicry
f4 xx drill 112 xx sparks mb 3rd hit f2 xx mimic
b3 drill 112 xx sparks mb 3rd hit (walk forward) f2 xx mimc

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
for tanya midscreen i do this and it does more damage than all the combos you posted and pretty easy

f4 xx drill 112 xx mimicry
b3 drill 112 xx mimicry
f4 xx drill 112 xx sparks mb 3rd hit f2 xx mimic
b3 drill 112 xx sparks mb 3rd hit (walk forward) f2 xx mimc
yeah as I said I think you can definitely optimize all the combos but it might be a place to start if you're going through all the characters.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
As I said some can be optimized but I try to keep them similar to make execution easier. Also for the 1 bar combos off the low I always go for MB sparks after f4 (and not the stolen move) since it makes no sense to be unsafe when you can be safe.

(this one can probably be applied to more characters)

@RM Jonnitti

Nice stuff guys!

Do one of you mind giving me an updated list of BnB's so I can update my combo thread?

Drecker

GET CITY.
@RM Jonnitti

You can actually get 47 (possibly more, still labbing 1 or 11 vs d4) off a low starter in corner vs Lao, one bar, go back into Mimicry and it's suuuuuper consistent.

Will upload video when I can.

Drecker

GET CITY.

I'm pretty certain this is the most damage you can get on Kung Lao off f4 in the corner for one meter. It's super easy despite the fact that it looks tight.

Inputs: f4 xx EX bf1, 112 xx db1, d2, f2 xx db1 - 47% & Vortex

f4 xx EX bf1, 112 xx db1, d2, run d2 - 52%(!!!)

You can mash the Hell out of d2 after the Spin, so go nuts.

@RM Jonnitti @Shamwow0w0w @MsMiharo @xInfra Deadx @cR WoundCowboy @usedcarsalesmang @PND_Ketchup @PND_Mustard

Edit: If it weren't obvious, you have time to teleport > go back into vortex after the first combo to keep them cornered.

Last edited:

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog

I'm pretty certain this is the most damage you can get on Kung Lao off f4 in the corner for one meter. It's super easy despite the fact that it looks tight.

Inputs: f4 xx EX bf1, 112 xx db1, d2, f2 xx db1 - 47% & Vortex

f4 xx EX bf1, 112 xx db1, d2, run d2 - 52%(!!!)

You can mash the Hell out of d2 after the Spin, so go nuts.

@RM Jonnitti @Shamwow0w0w @MsMiharo @xInfra Deadx @cR WoundCowboy @usedcarsalesmang @PND_Ketchup @PND_Mustard

Edit: If it weren't obvious, you have time to teleport > go back into vortex after the first combo to keep them cornered.

very nice! definitely going to practice this when i get the chance and use it the next tournament :) thanks bruh.

update: luckily i have the pc version with me on vacation and i messed around with this. only downside is you sacrifice the ability to get another corner combo after the vortex. even though you can teleport and land on the other side, he is too far away from the corner to get another corner combo afterwards. so you might want to do the combo i originally posted if you need to mix him up more than once for the kill. i wouldn't say its bad because both combos do close to half health but certainly something to keep in mind

Last edited: