What's new

Combo List - Shinnok Impostor Shinnok Mimicry combo/vortex options Megathread. Will be updated regularly.

Shamwow0w0w

Steam / Twitch: Apsasu
I'm going to go through the thread and catch up today. I was AFK for a minute but I'm back. I'll be updating the OP and replying to comments soon.

So we are stealing the f...ing invisibility from Predator. If you think that is fine- you are WRONG! You can't even do the Mimicry while you are invisible)

So we are stealing the f...ing invisibility from Predator. If you think that is fine- you are WRONG! You can't even do the Mimicry while you are invisible)
wait seriously lol? Well I mean how long does it last though? Can we 50/50 the opponent and combo them long enough for the cloak to wear off so we can vortex them properly?

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Another useless Mimic steal? Great . . . : (
I was really hoping for more. But I guess Impostor vs Predator is just not going to be preferable to Boneshaper and Necromancer.

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
The invisibility might be helpful by making it harder to react to the slow overhead. I haven't gotten the chance to mess around with it yet though.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Since Mimicry apparently cannot be used after turning invisible, the consequential lack of Mimicry vortex against Predator makes Impostor a relatively poor choice for the matchup.

But I see your point about hiding the b.3. Could be good.

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
I haven't used the other Shinnok variations at a decent level. So I'm going to spend a lot of time trying to make this match up work for imposter Shinnok. I'll let you know if I come up with something worth noting.

Also a side note. Can you whiff Kung Jin's cartwheel kick and still recover in time to continue the vortex?

I haven't used the other Shinnok variations at a decent level. So I'm going to spend a lot of time trying to make this match up work for imposter Shinnok. I'll let you know if I come up with something worth noting.

Also a side note. Can you whiff Kung Jin's cartwheel kick and still recover in time to continue the vortex?
This is a good question. I will say this, even if the cartwheel kick connects, we appear to be hella safe. My friend was using KJ and I would do f4xxcartwheel kick in training- he couldn't punish it.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
According to the Vortex Options Megathread by Shamwow0w0w, you cannot : (

Since Shinnok generally steals EX moves, and EX Cartwheel is -5 according to my MKX Frame Data app, it would appear that a blockstring combo into it by Shinnok should be safe. But I wonder if it is a true blockstring, or perhaps interruptible by armored moves.

You can whiff the stolen special and continue the vortex, but its gonna cost you damage and possibly meter.

For most characters the inputs are

OH: B3 F224xxmimicry (whiff special) quickly do mixup before they recover.

LOW: F4xxEXHS (EX second hit) F224xxmimicry (whiff stolen special) quickly do mixup before they recover

Shamwow0w0w

Steam / Twitch: Apsasu
Stealing invisibility is actually not bad imo. Theory crafting leads me to believe you get a higher chance of opening the opponent up after mimicry, and if you have meter after your bnb then that means you can afford to take risker approaches for higher chip (add an extra jump in punch, run cancel 112 for more chip, scarier mixups, etc).

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
I just do no like that Shinnok cannot use Mimicry while he is invisible. That is what makes Impostor less than preferable in this matchup, to me. No real vortex. Boneshaper or Necromancer will end up being the go to, I believe.

Stealing invisibility is actually not bad imo. Theory crafting leads me to believe you get a higher chance of opening the opponent up after mimicry, and if you have meter after your bnb then that means you can afford to take risker approaches for higher chip (add an extra jump in punch, run cancel 112 for more chip, scarier mixups, etc).
You do know that you can OS armor out of block strings which are not real block strings. So if you start going for chip Predator can just buffer armor in block, and then double tap block just before the next hit of a "blockstring". He will continue blocking if it is a true blockstring and he will armor out if you leave a hole, he doesn't need to see you, just the explosion of MB HS. Plus his invisibility sucks at concealing your actual moves, you can tell what he is doing while invisible:/

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Does he steal regular or ex invisibility? You gotta remember it reduces/removes chip damage so if you get a combo > end in stolen move > be safe from chip. A lot better than Jason's

Steal the move
IATeleport
50/50

That's my go to! I find the cloak makes a little harder to guess- as does the IATeleport, put the two together and it's a win!

Bad Genez

Green
The only real use for the invisibility thus far is the momentary mind fuck you get in terms of the 50/50 because it's harder to actually physically see the move coming and fuzzy guard or something. Played tons of matches against Preds now with Shinnok (none of them at an exceptionally high level, mind you), and I have yet to find even a single viable use for the mimicry in this matchup.

I was saying for so long that Shinnok does get a vortex against Takeda by whiffing his Tornado kick. You just have to choose the right distance. Cowboy's match with Raptor yesterday at KIT reminded me about it.

I started learning shinnok a few months ago (primarily bone shaper) and for the life of me I haven't been able to get past 35 percent with one bar (or anything significantly higher with two). Is that the bone shaper life or am I just bad?

So this thread seems dead))
Anyway, @Shamwow0w0w I think the tele mix up after landing the Mimicry is much more viable after the patch, we can now go into the 6 frame Ji1 out of the tele instead of 9 frame NJP, which makes fuzzying Empty tele F4/ TelexxJi1 a bit harder, we DON'T have to worry about having an NJP in our combos and getting a splat after trying to start another combo with NJP, and we still get the F4/B3 mix up after Ji1 or an empty Air tricky portal)

Although the general chip nerf abd easier throw breaks hurt some. But the possibilities with Jailing Ji4xxTelexxJi1 into string, mix up or a throw are now so awesome!!

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
KP2/XL characters' moves here we go. These all are meant to end in another mimicry for a vortex while also optimizing damage and stuff WITHOUT meter. These are all post mimicry obviously.
Alien:
Midscreen
B3 F2xxDB1 F2xxDB1. 23%
F4xxDB1 Ji1 F22xxDB1. 26%

Corner
F4xxDB1 NJP Ji3 112xxDB1. 35%
B3 22xxDB1 112xxDB1. 34%

Leatherface:
Midscreen
F4xxDB1 Ji1 312xxDB1. 28%
B3 F22xxDB1 Ji1 312xxDB1. 34%

Corner
F4xxDB1 B3 B3 D1 112xxDB1. 30%
B3 B3 D1 112xxDB1 312xxDB1. 39%

Smoke:
Midscreen
F4xxDB1 NJP Ji1 RCxx112xxDB1 26%
No B3 combos midscreen :'(

Corner
F4xxDB1 NJP Ji3 1 112xxDB1. 29%
B3 112xxDB1 NJP F3xxDB1. 31%

Cyber Sub-Zero:
Midscreen
No more combos midscreen because NRS likes fucking with characters while not taking other variations into consideration.

Corner
F4xxDB1 back dash Ji2xxDUxxJi2 B3 B3 D1 112xxDB1. 31%
B3 B3 112xxDB1 NJP Ji1 11xxDB1. 35%

Sektor:
Midscreen & Corner
F4xxDB1 112xxDB1. 23%
B3 F224xxDB1 22xxDB1. 31%
(You can run under after F4xxDB1 and still do 112xxDB1 for positioning)

Cyrax:
Midscreen
F4xxDB1 Ji2xxDUxxNJP Jip1 F224xxDB1. 26%
B3 F22xxDB1 NJP Ji1 F2xxDB1. 26%

Corner
F4xxDB1 back dash Ji2xDUxxJi2 B3 B3 D1 112xxDB1. 30%
B3 B3 112xxDB1 NJP Ji1 11xxDB1. 34%
(Basically the same combos as
CBZ but less damage)

Bo Rai Cho:
Unfortunately I couldn't find any combos with his Fart after a F4 or B3 anywhere :'(

Feel free to change anything to make it more optimal and stuff.

Last edited:
KP2/XL characters' moves here we go. These all are meant to end in another mimicry for a vortex while also optimizing damage and stuff WITHOUT meter. These are all post mimicry obviously.
Alien:
Midscreen
B3 F2xxDB1 F2xxDB1. 23%
F4xxDB1 Ji1 F22xxDB1. 26%

Corner
F4xxDB1 NJP Ji3 112xxDB1. 35%
B3 22xxDB1 112xxDB1. 34%

Leatherface:
Midscreen
F4xxDB1 Ji1 312xxDB1. 28%
B3 F22xxDB1 Ji1 312xxDB1. 34%

Corner
F4xxDB1 B3 B3 D1 112xxDB1. 30%
B3 B3 D1 112xxDB1 312xxDB1. 39%

Smoke:
Midscreen
F4xxDB1 NJP Ji1 RCxx112xxDB1 26%
No B3 combos midscreen :'(

Corner
F4xxDB1 NJP Ji3 112xxDB1. 28%
B3 1xxDB1 NJP Ji1 112xxDB1. 29%

Cyber Sub-Zero:
Midscreen
F4xxDB1 Ji2xxDUxxNJP Ji1 F224xxDB1. 27% ( you can switch sides after tricky portal)
B3 F22xxDB1 NJP Ji1 F2xxDB1

Corner
F4xxDB1 back dash Ji2xxDUxxNJP Ji3 112xxDB1. 28%
B3 B3 D1 112xxDB1 NJP F3xxDB1. 34%

Sektor:
Midscreen & Corner
F4xxDB1 112xxDB1. 23%
B3 F224xxDB1 22xxDB1. 31%
(You can run under after F4xxDB1 and still do 112xxDB1 for positioning)

Cyrax:
Midscreen
F4xxDB1 Ji2xxDUxxNJP Jip1 F224xxDB1. 26%
B3 F22xxDB1 NJP Ji1 F2xxDB1. 26%

Corner
F4xxDB1 back dash Ji2xxDUxxNJP Ji3 112xxDB1. 27%
B3 B3 D1 112xxDB1 NJP F3xxDB1. 33%
(Basically the same combos as
CBZ but less damage)

Bo Rai Cho:
Unfortunately I couldn't find any combos with his Fart after a F4 or B3 anywhere :'(

Feel free to change anything to make it more optimal and stuff.
For Smoke in the corner I got B3,112xxdb1,NJP,F3xxdb1 (31%)
I also have some higher damage for combos with stolen moves that leave opponent standing, because sometimes it is possible to do Ji2xxdu,Ji1 312xxdb1 after those)
edit: for smokes low option in the corner:
F4xxdb1,NJP, Ji1,Ji4,112xxdb1 (29%)