What's new

Combo List - Shinnok Impostor Shinnok Mimicry combo/vortex options Megathread. Will be updated regularly.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I'm starting to think his best universal option (with 1 bar) is 12,15% chip run up throw for 28% total. You're stuck with the stolen move which can be bad but that setup is really hard to get out of. If they're getting smart about it and poke you out just go for 112 string and full combo punish. Pew pew.

I'm starting to think his best universal option (with 1 bar) is 12,15% chip run up throw for 28% total. You're stuck with the stolen move which can be bad but that setup is really hard to get out of. If they're getting smart about it and poke you out just go for 112 string and full combo punish. Pew pew.
good stuff dude, love the tech you've been coming up with for erron black/shinnok. Keep it up!

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
This is pretty much what I've been doing. It's not quite enough damage for most opponents to really try to get out of so it's usually free at least in my experience.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Lol, some people...
Anyway I'll probably go and look at some more vortex options tomorrow. Do you have anything I could add to the combo thread @Shamwow0w0w or do you think there's anything in it you could use in the OP for this thread?
Ok time for more math.

After a mimicry you're guaranteed jip + 321 + HS. So let's look at some numbers

WITH BUFF:
* JIP = 1,66%
* 321 = 4,33%
* 112 = 3,32%
* F224 = 3,66%
* Hell Sparks (EX second hit): 6,16%
* Hell Sparks (No EX - only two hits hit): 3,83%

WITHOUT BUFF:
* 321 = 3,25%
* 112 = 2,5%
* F224 = 2,74%
* Hell Sparks (EX second hit): 4,63%
* Hell Sparks (No EX - only two hits hit): 2,88%

This means you get a chip formula that looks something like this (post mimicry):

Chip = (1,66 + 4,33 + 6,16) + (y[String] + y6,16) + ([string] + ender)

For those of you who haven't studied math in a while:
Chip is equal to your starter string post mimicry (jip + 321 + hell sparks MB second hit) plus times you do the followup string and the ex HS plus what string you end with and the ender. This is all assuming you do the same string over and over (which is a flaw, because you won't but I just wanted to give a basic formula for chip).

So will you do the same string over and over? No. If you do 321 EX HS and run up and try to do it again, they can back dash out of it (at least according to my testing). HOWEVER if you mix in f224 you will catch backdashes. 112 is your fastest string meaning they have little to no time to armor out. They CAN backdash it with very good timing but you can also catch them as they come out of the backdash with the last hit of the string giving you a full combo punish.

WHAT THIS MEANS:

1 BAR:
* jip, 321, EX HS = 12,15% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, HS = 20,66% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, HS = 19,65% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, f224, HS = 19,99% UNSAFE

2 BARS:

* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS = 20,66% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS = 19,65% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS = 19,99% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run 321, HS = 28,82% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, HS = 26,8% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, HS = 27,48% UNSAFE

3 BARS:

* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS = 31,15% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, EX HS = 29,13% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS = 29,81% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run 321, EX HS, run, 321, HS = 39,31% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, EX HS, run, 112, HS = 36,28% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, HS = 37,3% UNSAFE

4 BARS:

* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS = 41,64% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS = 38,61% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS = 39,63% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS = 47,77% + UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS = 43,99% + UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS = 45,26% + UNSAFE

Important notes:

* If you start with 3 bars you will build 1 bar in the process, allowing for the 4 bar setups.
* If you run between all repetitions and use all 4 bars you will get the "out of stamina sound" BUT you will still be in range for 112/312.
* The last part of the unsafe/max damage 4 bar stuff will be done WITHOUT THE BUFF. So your last string + ender will be buff-less.
* Some numbers MIGHT be off. There's a lot of math and numbers so I might have gotten confused but this is a general guideline.
* While you will NOT be using the same string over and over with this chart you can see the range of the damage you can do:
1 BAR: 12-21%
2 BARS: 20-29%
3 BARS: 29-39%
4 BARS: 39-44%
@Shamwow0w0w
Jesus that's a lot...nice work! I don't think it's worth listing the unsafe stuff though, even if it is more damage. I'd just keep to the guaranteed stuff since it seems to do enough anyway and safe stuff so we don't have to worry about getting punished. We always have the pretty much guaranteed OH/L/throw mixup :)

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Lol, some people...
Anyway I'll probably go and look at some more vortex options tomorrow. Do you have anything I could add to the combo thread @Shamwow0w0w or do you think there's anything in it you could use in the OP for this thread?

Jesus that's a lot...nice work! I don't think it's worth listing the unsafe stuff though, even if it is more damage. I'd just keep to the guaranteed stuff since it seems to do enough anyway and safe stuff so we don't have to worry about getting punished. We always have the pretty much guaranteed OH/L/throw mixup :)
Yeah it's just "close out round"-damage. Thanks btw

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I haven't looked through everything, but this thread is amazing, nice work everyone.

For example this combo: F4xxSpear, crossover jump punch, 312xxMimicry. 22% meterless.
I seem to have trouble connecting the F4xxSpear with the computer on auto block. Also doing F4 MB hellspaks. Can someone give me some tips on connecting this string? I feel it takes me too long to recover from the F4 to do any followup.

For example this combo: F4xxSpear, crossover jump punch, 312xxMimicry. 22% meterless.
I seem to have trouble connecting the F4xxSpear with the computer on auto block. Also doing F4 MB hellspaks. Can someone give me some tips on connecting this string? I feel it takes me too long to recover from the F4 to do any followup.
You should be cancelling the F4 into the special, not waiting for F4 to end before inputting the special. There's no trick to it besides inputting the special move very quickly.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Ok video is uploading. But *drumroll* THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL GET

Jax vortex!
Kung Lao meterless vortex!
Kitana meterless vortex!
Jacqui vortex!
Erron Black vortex!
Weird Jason bug!
Swaggy Sonya combos!
1 bar 48% Kotal corner combo that keeps them in the corner!
Useless Takeda combos!
(Pretty much) inescapable Goro stomp!
Reptile vortex!

EDIT: here's the video

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Shinnok steals Tanya's Low Spin Kick, which launches, so you can Vortex against her.

sttacos

Noob
hey there, If some one could put this on the first post it would be much appreciated

been in the training room vesus Tanya and came up with some vortex combos off of low , overhead , and NJP starters.

L: F4 , EX Hell sparks (MB 3rd hit), j2 , F22 , DB1(Low spin Kick) , 1 , Mimicry
35% Damage w/ mimicry boost
26% without damage boost

OH: B3 , F22 , Ex Hell Sparks (Mb 2nd Hit) , DB1 (Low spin kick) , 11, Mimicry
34% Damage w/ Mimicry Boost
25% without damage boost

NJP: NJP, J2, DB1 ( low spin kick) , 112, Mimicry
30% Damage w/ mimicry boost
22% without damage boost

These combos are consistent, but i feel that the timing for the NJP combo is the easiest.

Let me know what you guys think

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
So with the massive chip damage stuff, has anybody tried really abusing it? Like essentially using it as a mk9 quan chi rune trap. It really is quite massive amounts of chip but obviously he's pretty meter dependant as is. But if anybody has really used the loops in matches, how successful were you?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
So with the massive chip damage stuff, has anybody tried really abusing it? Like essentially using it as a mk9 quan chi rune trap. It really is quite massive amounts of chip but obviously he's pretty meter dependant as is. But if anybody has really used the loops in matches, how successful were you?
I made a huge math post on the numbers you get.