What's new

Combo List - Shinnok Impostor Shinnok Mimicry combo/vortex options Megathread. Will be updated regularly.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Just got the Xbox update. Time to burn the world Shinnok players. Make them suffer.

Boneshaper:

I can easily do his F1 or F2 mixup now more comfortable with how the layout change. Overhead in to a overheadxxxExScepter Slamxxinto Diety reset combo.

I'm loving this update for Shinnok, a real mix up artist using all varitions. All i wish was bone shaper to be least punishable since this is his offensive style and his jump attacks have his actaul weapon hitting you for range.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Just got the Xbox update. Time to burn the world Shinnok players. Make them suffer.

Boneshaper:

I can easily do his F1 or F2 mixup now more comfortable with how the layout change. Overhead in to a overheadxxxExScepter Slamxxinto Diety reset combo.

I'm loving this update for Shinnok, a real mix up artist using all varitions. All i wish was bone shaper to be least punishable since this is his offensive style and his jump attacks have his actaul weapon hitting you for range.
Uhhh, this thread is for discussing the Impostor Variation specifically. If you wanna talk about the others, you should go to the General Discussion page.

so idk if this was discussed but the data for is F4 low IS wrong right? it says its a high and is 1 frame. obviously is not a high but is it truely 1 frame?

So I finally got the game for PC(so I don't have the b3 overhead yet:)) but for Takeda we can vortex for sure off of all options without the need to whiff.
Low: f4xxHell Spark (MB the first spark), db1 b, f2xxdb1
NJP : njp, db1 b, f22xxdb1
Can't check the b3 overhead, but I believe it should be something like b3, db1, f22xxdb1.... Just guessing here!!!
Come on High voltage where is the patch for PC !!!!!

Erron Black: f4xxHell Sparks (MB the first spark), run xx db1,f22xxdb1 - back into vortex low option
NJP , db1, f22xxdb1- overhead NJP option back into vortex
Again I can't check the b3 overhead as I don't have the patch yet:)

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
here they come... meanwhile i'm still collecting wins on PC without an overhead. I thought they announced they were working on this game 2+ years ago? why is it still broken? lol. seems like a shit ton of wasted salaries.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I really think that with time the vortex will matter less and maximizing your damage off of a hit will matter more. They have a 50% chance of guessing right and unless you have meterless vortex against them (or really high damage like Kotal) it might seem more beneficial to just go for the guaranteed (if you hit) damage rather than gimp it and hope for another reset (that might also cost bar).

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I really think that with time the vortex will matter less and maximizing your damage off of a hit will matter more. They have a 50% chance of guessing right and unless you have meterless vortex against them (or really high damage like Kotal) it might seem more beneficial to just go for the guaranteed (if you hit) damage rather than gimp it and hope for another reset (that might also cost bar).
good point but then I realized that by going for the vortex and then throw you would get about 5-7% more damGe than you would have had you gone for the damage and honestly the throw is almost guaranteed since they have to respect the overhead/low and then they still have to tech the right way

Therefore there is no vortex.
yeah... LOL

goddammit stupid online

isn't this something that should be headlined? completely worthless moved added to Shinnok's moveset.
18 is perfect online but will never work offline. Why didnt they just make it 15 frames? its like they're fing with us

Shamwow0w0w

Steam / Twitch: Apsasu
Jesus, what just happened? The point of this thread is to list combos for post mimicry options.. Their was no point in removing your videos @usedcarsalesmang. It doesn't matter if their is a 10 frame gap between your mixup. Leaving your opponent standing is still advantageous. And going for a mixup afterwards is smart. Don't forget about your other options...
Obviously going herp derp hoping for a mixup to hit isn't going to work every time, but when you get your opponent thinking about blocking a neutral jump punch, teching a throw, looking for the 7 frame low, and looking to see if they can punish your sparks or if you meter burn it the last second knowing they have to block w/e you decide to do for the next 24 frames, hitting with a mixup becomes more relevant. It's called conditioning.

the only reason i posted those videos is because I thought that you could vortex your opponent with B3/F4 mixup, but you cant do that.
its not worth spending a bar of meter and whiffing a special move to keep your opponent in a mixup that doesn't exist so those videos
are worthless. they're impracticable and I don't want someone to see a "vortex video" and think that its a vortex cause its not.

I'm also super emo cause i didn't land a single B3/F4 post mimicry in a 2 hour set after he learned to block it. I just got punished for it.
I'm sure their is a way to mix it up, but its not by using the tech in my videos.

the only reason i posted those videos is because I thought that you could vortex your opponent with B3/F4 mixup, but you cant do that.
its not worth spending a bar of meter and whiffing a special move to keep your opponent in a mixup that doesn't exist so those videos
are worthless. they're impracticable and I don't want someone to see a "vortex video" and think that its a vortex cause its not.

I'm also super emo cause i didn't land a single B3/F4 post mimicry in a 2 hour set after he learned to block it. I just got punished for it.
I'm sure their is a way to mix it up, but its not by using the tech in my videos.
All about conditioning and shenanigans my boy. :)