What's new

Combo List - Shinnok Impostor Shinnok Mimicry combo/vortex options Megathread. Will be updated regularly.

Shamwow0w0w

Steam / Twitch: Apsasu
Soooo much to update!! You guys are awesome! I'll be working on this thread after work today.

Edit: Just got home. Will start updating now. I'm going to try and get everything in one edit so it will be ready in an hour or two. I've got to watch the videos and notate the inputs. Thanks again to everyone contributing to this thread.

Last edited:

Shamwow0w0w

If you upload character specific combos I will add them to the OP (1 per character would be ideal). If you don't want your video to be in the OP simply message/tag me and ask me to remove it and I will do so. I'll give you credit for sure if you allow me to use it.

Shamwow0w0w

@usedcarsalesmang I love you. I'm working on the OP in a separate tab. Keep em coming pal.
The single character videos make it really easy to put them in the OP under the designated character.
I'm also notating the videos to minimize difficulty for future Imposter mains. It's going to be time consuming but it will be worth it in the long run imo.

@MsMiharo I'll be adding your 2 part video to the OP as well if you don't mind.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Some reason I haven't been able to update videos but with some gud mimic moves like ermac lift and kotal grab

You can do oh f22 hellspark mb run 112 mimic move should add more damage

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Soooo much to update!! You guys are awesome! I'll be working on this thread after work today.

Edit: Just got home. Will start updating now. I'm going to try and get everything in one edit so it will be ready in an hour or two. I've got to watch the videos and notate the inputs. Thanks again to everyone contributing to this thread.
Can u put all of these in OP

Absolutely awesome work

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
@usedcarsalesmang I love you. I'm working on the OP in a separate tab. Keep em coming pal.
The single character videos make it really easy to put them in the OP under the designated character.
I'm also notating the videos to minimize difficulty for future Imposter mains. It's going to be time consuming but it will be worth it in the long run imo.

@MsMiharo I'll be adding your 2 part video to the OP as well if you don't mind.
nope it's fine!

Shamwow0w0w

Some reason I haven't been able to update videos but with some gud mimic moves like ermac lift and kotal grab

You can do oh f22 hellspark mb run 112 mimic move should add more damage
Awesome :)

@Pig Of The Hut working on it right now. I'll have all info/tech posted at least up to this comment in the OP by tonight hopefully

@Braindead after you land a Mimicry you can teleport low enough afterwards and on your way down you can NJP which is 10 ish frame start up or land a couple frames later and use your 7 frame F4. If done correctly (strict timing on the teleport) the NJP and F4 should come out very close to the same frame.

Shamwow0w0w

Shinnok can vortex every character except:

Cassie
Goro
Johnny Cage
Kano
Liu Kang
Raiden
Jason(ish)

If you find something with these characters tell us.
Currently these characters limit his options.

So does that mean the whiffing the special move after the Mimicry tech works vs D'Vorrah, Ferra/Torr, Jax, etc?
Wait, whoah. Help me out bud, I'm on Xbox, I'm still waiting for the new patch lol

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Shinnok's NJP/NJK are overhead after a teleport as long as you wait just a little after the teleport before pressing the button (seriously, it's only like a frame; dunno why they bothered if it's intentional).
I didn't know he was talking about a teleport. I thought it was a normal neutral jump punch.

So does that mean the whiffing the special move after the Mimicry tech works vs D'Vorrah, Ferra/Torr, Jax, etc?
Wait, whoah. Help me out bud, I'm on Xbox, I'm still waiting for the new patch lol
Yeah, just do the special whiff after mimicry I did in the Kenshi video and it should work on those characters and more.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
F4 Kenshi vortex combos (I'm on unpatched version FUCKYOUMICROSOFT so I can't test B3)

F4~DB1, D1~DB1 (18%)
F4~DB1, D1~DB2MB (1st spark, DB1 25% / 2nd Spark, DB1 28% / 3rd Spark, run cancel, DB1 31%)
F4~DB1, D1~DB2MB(1st Spark), walk forward a little, 112~DB1 (31%)

That's what I've got. I doubt there's any options where you can actually start with B3 and whiff DB1 but I'll give it a go when I can.

If someone could grab the notations for all the combos in this thread I'll update the combo thread with them :)

Shamwow0w0w

F4 Kenshi vortex combos (I'm on unpatched version FUCKYOUMICROSOFT so I can't test B3)

F4~DB1, D1~DB1 (18%)
F4~DB1, D1~DB2MB (1st spark, DB1 25% / 2nd Spark, DB1 28% / 3rd Spark, run cancel, DB1 31%)
F4~DB1, D1~DB2MB(1st Spark), walk forward a little, 112~DB1 (31%)

That's what I've got. I doubt there's any options where you can actually start with B3 and whiff DB1 but I'll give it a go when I can.

If someone could grab the notations for all the combos in this thread I'll update the combo thread with them :)
Awesome thanks! I'm currently writing out the notations for these videos, hence why it's taking so long for me to update the thread. I want to get as much as I can in one edit.

Shamwow0w0w

Just updated some of it. Still working on it. Let me know if you see any mistakes/formatting errors please. I'll be updating the first couple paragraphs in the op as well, but my priority is to get the combos notated and updated first.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Ok so in terms of practicality some opponents/moves are definitely better than others. WALL OF TEXT INCOMING LOTS OF NUMBERS PEW PEW

You get meterless vortexes versus:
(OH/Low from my combos, might be better ones out there)
* Ermac 28%/23% - 1 bar 37%/35%
* Scorpion 29%/22% - 1 bar 37%/36%
* Mileena 27%/25% - 1 bar 37%/35%
* Quan Chi 31%/24% - 1 bar 38%/38%
* Jacqui 21%/16%
* Shinnok 17%/7% - 1 bar 32%/31%

You get 1 bar vortex on:
* Kotal Kahn 40%/40% - 32% OH meterless
* Kitana 31%/31% - 26% OH meterless
* Kung Lao 34%/31% - 25% OH meterless
* Erron Black 33%/29% (if you have space to whiff, but the range of his special sucks so it should be no problem)
* Kenshi: 27%/26% - Need to whiff which can be hard because of the range of his special. Can also get 18% meterless of the low.
* Sub Zero: 29%/24% - execution is weird though and you can get 20+% into vortex if you use it outside of mimicry setup.
* Sonya: 33%/29% whiff

You get high damage with a bar and a wrong guess on their side (30-40%) on:
* Kung Jin 40%/37%
* Kano 38%/35%
* Kenshi 36%/34%
* Liu Kang 36%/33%
* Johnny Cage 36%/34%
* Sonya 38%/35%
* Jax 39%/36%
* Cassie Cage 39%/36% - Can do 30% no bar off the overhead
* Raiden 38%/35% - Can do 27% no bar off the overhead
* D'vorah 35%/32%
* Jacqui 32%/30%

You get semi vortex with:
* Takeda - He gets 27% off of NJP and Low (also 27% if going for damage on OH).

You get guaranteed or chip options on:
* Kung Jin 11%
* Kenshi ~ 9% (8,66%) - Can reversal throw you
* Liu Kang -8,5% Can reversal throw you but that can be backdashed. HOWEVER if you backdash he could punish you with another reversal. Guessing game basically.
* Ferra/Torr 20%. It's a tick throw so can be armored/jumped. 15% guaranteed if you do it right away.
* Jax 9% Might be able to reversal throw. Also his command grabs might catch you but his fastest normal doesn't.
* Cassie Cage ~ 16% totally safe
* Goro 13% guaranteed
* D'vorah ~ 8% IIRC, might be more. Can be punished by grabbed I believe

Setup characters (1 bar):
* Reptile 33%/31% force ball pressure
* Jason 33%/31% Armor activation

Ok so looking at this list there are some obvious characters where Shinnok fares really well:

* Ermac, Scorpion, Mileena and Quan Chi all give you high damage meterless and high damage 1 bar vortexes.
* Kotal Kahn gets you massive damage and the option to keep the OH meterless
* Kitana and Kung Lao give nice vortexes where you can keep the OH meterless.
* Erron Black, Shinnok, Sub Zero, Kenshi, Sonya (possibly more) give you a nice chunk of damage and reset into vortex at the cost of a bar.
* Ferra/Torr, Cassie Cage and Goro all give you really nice, more or less guaranteed, damage.
* A lot of characters will lose 34-40% on a wrong guess after a mimicry. That is a lot for just one bar.

Some are not so good:
* Jacqui has a vortex but the damage is really low. Also she doesn't let you dish out that much damage either (30-32%)
* Jason is probably the worst. You will have to use the armor eventually to get your mimicry back and it has a huge downside so not sure if Impostor is worth it AT ALL vs Jason.
* Takeda has a vortex but it requires the NJP and it's not that high damage.
* Reptile can get some setups with force ball but nothing guaranteed.

TL;DR:

I think Mimicry is really worth it against a lot of characters for the huge damage you can get off a wrong guess and a bar. Some stolen moves aren't half bad either. Kano Ball, Liu Kangs kick, Raiden's superman, Jax's dash punch etc can all help you get in. Atm I think the only matchups where you might want to think twice about using Impostor is Jacqui, Takeda, Jason and Reptile.