What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Impostor Impostor Living MU Thread

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Haven't played much Impostor post-MKXL but I think Spec Ops could be closer to 5-5. Her having access to a counterzoning tool (however mediocre) is good for slowing Impostor down, especially when his full screen game is a little lacking. Her also having ways to get through hellsparks (if spaced properly) like B1 and being able to anti-air him out of teleport pretty well also give him problems but as you say he has access to 20% chip strings lol.
I also think Cybernetic Impostor is 5-5.
I'm not sure about him losing to Covert Ops, mind going into a bit more detail about that? Demo sure and Special Forces maybe but Covert Ops has a hard time getting in against hell sparks I feel.

Funny coming from the man whose justification for pre-patch Quan was "don't get hit" :rolleyes:
What? I was totes agreeing with you, bruh.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
The only thing is they dont need to do rocket in nuetral or ground pound. they can still play base jax. Also pumped up ex gotcha is 22-24% punish on teleport. Hw i guess can use rockets at the right range against hell sparks but it gives him meterless mid screen damage and pressure and well. since b3 cancel is plus. And he can easy hit confirm f3 with low crushes shinnoks d4.
Yeah that's true! I have found most HW will start throwing rockets once they blocked one Hell Spark. If they played base Jax without doing any crazy stuff in the neutral I'd put it at 5-5. I'll change it now.

ArmedCalf

In a month and a half, you have changed the vs Cassie MU from 7-3 to 6-4. Did something change your opinion in that time? Just curious if you know about something new in the matchup or if you have new experience or if you've just changed your mind.

Source
Nah I'm just being generous. I do think it could be 7-3 honestly

ArmedCalf

@errormacro7 @Youphemism I'd say Covert Ops would be 5-5 if it wasn't so damn easy for her to divekick the Hell Sparks. Like Hell Sparks is the main pull there, the main tool you have to really keep her at bay because god knows it's hard up close, and her dive kick just allows her to perform miracles. She also has a great answer to teleport in the form of s1 and d2 and stealing the Cartwheel Grab is okaaaay but it's not ideal. I can see it being 5-5 but it feels like Sonya has an easier time than Shinnok does

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Yeah that's true! I have found most HW will start throwing rockets once they blocked one Hell Spark. If they played base Jax without doing any crazy stuff in the neutral I'd put it at 5-5. I'll change it now.
I have played mostly HW and Wrestler vs Imposter/Boneshaper. Not so much pumped up. I get what you mean though. The tick throws adding more pressure is so big. HW i never felt like it was losing. But not having the tick throws hurt a bit. Pumped up cannot make 123 safe which hurts tbh

I agree on the HQT being 5-5.

Also I could be wrong, but I always thought impostor was a bad match up for WG Kotal. In your opinion what makes it 5-5?

ArmedCalf

I agree on the HQT being 5-5.

Also I could be wrong, but I always thought impostor was a bad match up for WG Kotal. In your opinion what makes it 5-5?
To be fair I probably don't play the MU correctly and I should be punishing the different swords more with what I have available. But if Kotal isn't right on top of you and Impostor isn't right on top of Kotal then it's literally a staring contest until someone makes a move. Shinnok can't teleport, Kotal can't rush in. Shinnok hit's way harder than Kotal does but if Kotal gets on top of Shinnok it can also be over pretty quick. After playing King, it feels pretty 5-5 but if I was gonna be generous to Shinnok I'd say it's a slight 6-4 in his favor.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I think Ruthless would be 6-4 just because he has the damage now, but I agree that Lackey and Vicious might get destroyed
the problem is that ruthless damage doesn't really help at all in this mu despite that lackey can do 45% with a bar and vicious 40% as well. shinnok's ability to control the neutral + our slow run speed and bad aa options make it hard to even come close to you. ruthless also needs to keep the momentum of the match so he has access to enough life for his png pressure but shinnok is really good at keeping it and chip a lot with hellsparks. I'm not even mentioning whats happening of you get a hit on ruthless lol.

ArmedCalf

the problem is that ruthless damage doesn't really help at all in this mu despite that lackey can do 45% with a bar and vicious 40% as well. shinnok's ability to control the neutral + our slow run speed and bad aa options make it hard to even come close to you. ruthless also needs to keep the momentum of the match so he has access to enough life for his png pressure but shinnok is really good at keeping it and chip a lot with hellsparks. I'm not even mentioning whats happening of you get a hit on ruthless lol.
I only have it at 6-4 because Ruthless can truthfully end it pretty quick. That and I have actually seen people PnG through Hell Sparks at times

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I only have it at 6-4 because Ruthless can truthfully end it pretty quick. That and I have actually seen people PnG through Hell Sparks at times
Would be more of a 6.5-3.5 though this mu is just too hard to handle to say that ruthless has a slightly disadvantage only. It just doesn't feel like worth trying I usually just end up switching to dvorah lol

ArmedCalf

Would be more of a 6.5-3.5 though this mu is just too hard to handle to say that ruthless has a slightly disadvantage only. It just doesn't feel like worth trying I usually just end up switching to dvorah lol
D'vorah bodies Impostor really free

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
You think Sorcerer and Summoner are 5-5? I think so but with his god-like NJP, zoning, and Impostor's get-off-me armor it evens up even if he steals a pretty good move.

ArmedCalf

You think Sorcerer and Summoner are 5-5? I think so but with his god-like NJP, zoning, and Impostor's get-off-me armor it evens up even if he steals a pretty good move.
Yeah I personally think Quan does fine. People will argue that our vortex just demolishes him but most people will say that if their character gets vortexed.

D. R.

Noob
Kitana is 5-5 across the board. I'll post a few more numbers I'm competent in later but that one caught my eye.

EMPEROR__SHONUFF

EMPR SHONUFF
I think hellfire vs imposter is 5-5. Especially from what we've played. I don't feel like impostor shinnok truly overwhelms scorpion in that variation at all. And when and you I play, a lot of matches come down to a read ( most times I make the bad ones :()

Last edited:

ArmedCalf

Okay this shit needs to be re-worked. Even MU's became losing MU's, winning MU's became even MU's. The hell does this character do against Ermac or Goro now lol? It certain MU's the vortex was his answer to some of the dumb shit but now it's like geeeeeze. @D. R. @Doctor Stabs I'm tagging yas both, it could be just me but I think this character went from borderline top 10, to somewhere in the top 20's. I need to play more to really figure it out but like geeeeeeze.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Okay this shit needs to be re-worked. Even MU's became losing MU's, winning MU's became even MU's. The hell does this character do against Ermac or Goro now lol? It certain MU's the vortex was his answer to some of the dumb shit but now it's like geeeeeze. @D. R. @Doctor Stabs I'm tagging yas both, it could be just me but I think this character went from borderline top 10, to somewhere in the top 20's. I need to play more to really figure it out but like geeeeeeze.
Just remember you still body Butcher free.

D. R.

Noob
I think he's essentially the same minus being able to just burn moves after Mimicry. What's the issue exactly with Ermac and Goro? The meta hasn't changed that much unless I'm missing something?

ArmedCalf

I think he's essentially the same minus being able to just burn moves after Mimicry. What's the issue exactly with Ermac and Goro? The meta hasn't changed that much unless I'm missing something?
For me the easily accessible vortex was an answer against Ermac (I think Mystic beats Impostor bad), you could whiff Takeda's move, Goro's stomp...it was just a way to eliminate shitty parts of the MU. Now we have to actually use these moves, fight Ermac honestly - a character that has an answer to everything. I always thought Goro beat Shinnok up close, and now we have to play him when he has mobility and a decent projectile and we can't whiff stomp lol. Shit's tough man