What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Impostor Impostor Living MU Thread

D. R.

Noob
Mystic still beats Impostor but now Impostor hits like a truck so getting the hit and then guessing right can end a match very quickly (Against Ermac, b3 in the corner nets 50% one bar into Mimicry now. Thanks Paulo.) You still have the vortex essentially if you end a combo with a close Mimicry. Impostor can burn Takeda's flip safely after a d2 ender, EX: f4xxHS(3)MB, ji2xxtele~NJP, rc~d2, close flip or b3, f3xxbf3MB, rc~d2, close flip. I haven't honestly fought a Goro post patch so I can't speak on him but I'd assume there is a safe way to burn or somehow incorporate the stomp into a combo to alleviate that headache. I'll mess with it when I get some free time.

Mystic still beats Impostor but now Impostor hits like a truck so getting the hit and then guessing right can end a match very quickly (Against Ermac, b3 in the corner nets 50% one bar into Mimicry now. Thanks Paulo.) You still have the vortex essentially if you end a combo with a close Mimicry. Impostor can burn Takeda's flip safely after a d2 ender, EX: f4xxHS(3)MB, ji2xxtele~NJP, rc~d2, close flip or b3, f3xxbf3MB, rc~d2, close flip. I haven't honestly fought a Goro post patch so I can't speak on him but I'd assume there is a safe way to burn or somehow incorporate the stomp into a combo to alleviate that headache. I'll mess with it when I get some free time.
I don't agree that mystic wins or ermac in general. I beat o2ez pretty bad with impostor and he is really good. The vortex is just too strong to ignore vs ermac.

D. R.

Noob
I don't agree that mystic wins or ermac in general. I beat o2ez pretty bad with impostor and he is really good. The vortex is just too strong to ignore vs ermac.
Last I played him I beat him really bad as well, like REALLY, REALLY BAD. I'll leave it at that. He has bad habits that are easy to exploit, same with Toxin. They play too unsafe at times for absolutely no reason. Big D on the other hand plays (or played, think he's "maining" Tremor now) the character to perfection. Mystic has an answer for virtually all of Impostor's tools and when he's sitting on a bar approaching the character is a nightmare for Impostor. Yes the vortex is the saving grace in this match up but getting it set up in the first place is the hard part, which is why I have it as a 6-4 for Mystic.