What's new

Match-up Discussion IMO Jade's Honest Matchup Numbers

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I think the MU is 5-5 personally. Baraka has some advantages but jade is always one solid read away from evening it up. her EX low boomerang is particularly useful in this MU as she can pull baraka in if hes gaining zoning advantage, meaning she controls where the fight takes place. Baraka can do some great damage, and I feel his corner game is stronger, but i dont think theres a big enough advantage to consider it in either characters favor.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
LBSH, Cyrax does like 50%+ damage with 1 bar anywhere on the screen. Noob only does about 30% mid screen even with meter. His damage is in the corner. They are the most damaging and least damaging characters in the game respectively.

By your logic we would pretty much have to bump all of Cyrax's 5-5's to 6-4's, 6-4's to 7-3's, etc.

Damage is definitely a factor in MUs but not enuff to change MUs IMO.
Damage does make a difference. When you can get 50+% on NUMEROUS situations, it goes a long way. It means certain risks are just not really worth it anymore.

Noob's damage being so low makes a huge difference because there's never a reason to break vs him or save meter to break, unless you are about to lose.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
@1man3lettsers, no one is getting bitey. I agree with you. Tan agrees. Chance does not. But he's being nothing short of civil and calm explaining why he disagrees with us.

Like I said earlier, YMMV (your mileage may vary). Depending on who you play, where, who your opponent is, how well both parties know that match up, how often you run it...and so on and so forth. There's just too many variables to get everyone to agree down to the last wee detail. Which is why tier lists and match up charts will never be immaculate.

We don't have to mindlessly agree with each other over everything or anything. It would be kinda creepy if we did actually. But we're discussing things rather civilly I think. Chance has given his reasons why he thinks Jade vs X is whatevs intelligently and snark free. Ignored posts that.... Won't lead to valuable information and agreed to play with anyone who wants to change his mind.

There's no "I'm right, agree with me or you suck" going on here. And there will not be. From anyone. All TYM posters have every right to respectfully disagree with anything.

This forum can get... Emotional. I know, believe me. And I try to gently nip potential drama in the bud. But if I need step in as a mod, I certainly will. No one should ever be shy about posting here for fear of hostility or needlessly harsh criticism.
you didnt tag me correctly so only seeing this now.

there was nothing to nip,
i agree with pretty much all of what you said there,
there's "no agree or die" attitude from my end, never has been with me but im sure you'll also agree when something false is said it should be corrected, if not for the benefit of the two people having the conversation but to the others who might read it later and view that what is false as fact.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Meh, still doesn't cover for Barakas problems full screen.
Like Boomerangs? I totally cannot just jump those.

And if I jump it in max blade charge range I can punish a rang. So he doesnt really have problems fullscreen.

It's not false information, Jade can punish the charge. Just apparently not the max range charge, but it's never given me much trouble. Barakas d4 does not give jade problems, trust me. Do you have xbox?
I do if you want to run the matchup. I need Jade experience.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
As I said earlier, I believe Baraka-Jade is 6-4 in his favor, which, keep in mind, means a small advantage. The majority of Jade's bad matchups stem her inability to keep characters out. Baraka gets in pretty easily due to blade charges, and up close, Baraka wins easily with his mixups and frame trap game. Jade can try to play keep away, but all that really does is move her closer and closer to the corner, which is the *last* place she wants to be in this matchup. Jade's saving grace is that she can out-footsie him a little bit, but a good baraka will blade charge to keep jade from doing this.

Damage does make a difference. When you can get 50+% on NUMEROUS situations, it goes a long way. It means certain risks are just not really worth it anymore.

Noob's damage being so low makes a huge difference because there's never a reason to break vs him or save meter to break, unless you are about to lose.
I understand the way MUs work for the most part.

What he basically said was just because his character does more damage, that automatically means it's a winning MU. Which is not always the case.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I understand the way MUs work for the most part.

What he basically said was just because his character does more damage, that automatically means it's a winning MU. Which is not always the case.
It is with Cyrax unless you can completely shut down his options. I cant really think of many low tier characters that could possibly go even with cyrax just because he is crazy good and has ridiculous damage.