What's new

Match-up Discussion IMO Jade's Honest Matchup Numbers

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I actually believe that they have an equal footsie game, especially in this particular MU. Jade has really good range on her normals and she can use that to her advantage even if Sektor has quicker normals. Both cannot zone one another, because Sektor has iaTU and Jade has glow, so that's a wash.

Sektor can press some advantage against Jade considering her pretty high hit-box but it's not equal to fighting a Freddy, Raiden or Noob up close for example so it's not nearly as bad as you may think. F2 is neutral and as long as Jade has meter Sektor always has to be wary of EX glow or he'll get blown up. So Sektor is still iffy up close and Jade has the armour to punish him. Plus if you've seen Mafia's videos on Jade's glow you will find she negates a ton of Sektor's stuff.

It's a very footsie-heavy game and I think they're equal in that aspect. Sektor can get in better but Jade can outrange him and try and whiff punish. Not to mention that she completely negates Sektor's best move i.e. the homing missile and all up missile set-ups in general.
Sektor has the better whiff punishes in the matchup. What's Jade got against the 6f jab?

NKZero

Noob
Sektor has the better whiff punishes in the matchup. What's Jade got against the 6f jab?
Yeah that is true because he has faster normals but Jade can get lengthier punishes than Sektor. Sektor's best reaching normal for a full combo punish is B2. B3 more often than not won't get the job done and his 1 has poor range despite having 6 start-up frames. B1 and F2 don't lead into anything despite their speed and range.

What I will say is that Sektor has an easier time in the MU but it doesn't mean it is in his favour. Much like Sektor-Reptile which is even, but Reptile might be more comfortable in using his tools for example. Still nobody has a noticeable advantage to make the MU 6-4 in anyone's favour. I think the same applies here tbh.

Besides when Jade is crouch blocking, standing 1 doesn't hit consistently, which is why I said earlier Sektor pressuring Jade is nothing like Sektor pressuring Noob for example. Plus if you are struggling to poke out or use "normal" means to escape then just activate the armour and blown Sektor up.

Espio

Kokomo
I agree with NKZero actually. This match up is really all footsies and throwing rangs isn't really how you wanna play this match up at all. Neither character can truly use their projectile pressure well at all, which is where the intensive footsies come into play.

Flamethrower is good, but can be blown up with staff overhead if spaced right or armored and is -17 on block, which allows you to pressure back on block or if close enough, to combo him.

Jade outranges him heavily, but he has excellent footsies to hold his own.

I'm supposed to run a long set with RomeoBravoDelta at some point, so that should be interesting.

5-5 i feel is the number.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Yeah that is true because he has faster normals but Jade can get lengthier punishes than Sektor. Sektor's best reaching normal for a full combo punish is B2. B3 more often than not won't get the job done and his 1 has poor range despite having 6 start-up frames. B1 and F2 don't lead into anything despite their speed and range.

What I will say is that Sektor has an easier time in the MU but it doesn't mean it is in his favour. Much like Sektor-Reptile which is even, but Reptile might be more comfortable in using his tools for example. Still nobody has a noticeable advantage to make the MU 6-4 in anyone's favour. I think the same applies here tbh.

Besides when Jade is crouch blocking, standing 1 doesn't hit consistently, which is why I said earlier Sektor pressuring Jade is nothing like Sektor pressuring Noob for example. Plus if you are struggling to poke out or use "normal" means to escape then just activate the armour and blown Sektor up.
Problem is, outside of glow, everything Jade has poses a risk to even touch him. Can't jump at him, easily aa'd or flamethrowered for easy mode. B3,2 gets blown up just by sektor walking backwards into a full iat combo. Same with her F2. Sektor can F2, B2, D3, throw, up missile setup for days against her and the only option Jade really has is her Glow. Other than that, sektor can negate everything she has. His hitbox is super low which makes things even tougher for her by reducing her pressure options to 4, d3, and b3. If she shadow kicks to go even in her strings, and sektor is crouching, it's a full combo 6f jab punish.

NKZero

Noob
Problem is, outside of glow, everything Jade has poses a risk to even touch him. Can't jump at him, easily aa'd or flamethrowered for easy mode. B3,2 gets blown up just by sektor walking backwards into a full iat combo. Same with her F2. Sektor can F2, B2, D3, throw, up missile setup for days against her and the only option Jade really has is her Glow. Other than that, sektor can negate everything she has. His hitbox is super low which makes things even tougher for her by reducing her pressure options to 4, d3, and b3. If she shadow kicks to go even in her strings, and sektor is crouching, it's a full combo 6f jab punish.
Up missile set-ups don't work against her, which is a pretty substantial part of Sektor's overall offensive game. Of course you can't jump at him, of course you can't go around whiffing things. Sektor's shit can also be whiff punished. If not spaced right the 4 in B34 can be ducked, standing 1 doesn't always hit so you can poke out or even armour between B34 and full punish. Overhead pole smash can whiff punish a F2 or a B21. It works both ways man. Sektor does it quicker, Jade does it from a further distance.

I totally agree when you say Sektor is better up close, but Jade not only has the universal tools to escape Sektor's rushdown (which really isn't all that intimidating) with D1 or D3 etc., but can also activate EX glow and Jade with meter alone should present some sort of fear factor so Sektor is deterred from approaching her in the first place. Oh and don't bother rushing him down, because as you pointed out he has a very low hit-box.

The one thing we didn't mention is the fact that despite my view of this MU being even, the worst part is in a footsie intensive MU is that Sektor's punish equals 40-45% while Jade has to settle for quite a bit less. But that still doesn't alter the MU in my opinion.

Also as Espio pointed out flame burner is not what you make it out to be. Effective AA yes but no good otherwise when Jade can either punish with shadow kick (tough punish though especially at further ranges) or use glow to negate that shit completely and whiff punish since he recovers so badly, or even full combo punish up close. Sektor can't do much either when Jade is operating at the max range of her long-reaching normals.

Espio

Kokomo
Right on. Maybe I could go over some of the matchup with you.
You could be right and I'm missing something about the Reptile match up, I just find spacing him out to be very difficult and the combo damage she gets on dash is a bit iffy. He can also punish up 3 and some other ranged stuff that other characters can't on block.

I'm not going to say I'm an expert at the match up or anything, I've played it with THTB, but he's a lot better than I am so I don't know honestly. I do feel confident that Reptile beats her, but your
input is always welcome.

NKZero 35% versus 40% isn't too bad of a difference, it's slightly higher,but not too bad.

Additionally, I agree with you, Sektor is not a character I'd rushdown in most instances.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Lol theory crafting again. Just fight instead of writing numbers and then arguing about them.

Goldi

Noob
Ok, I read that as 6-4 Jades favor somehow. Dumb bunny moment lol. My mistake.

Raiden 7-3 I can't see. I thought you meant in Jade's favor at first. After I learned to abuse reverse specials, he's never been a problem.

It just takes that and a lot of patience IMHO. Just wait for him to try to get in, take out 12% to 20% damage at a time and get your spacing back. Repeat. At UFGT I actually did a lot of simple block the strings and uppercut. It's not fancy. It's not respectable damage. But it gets you your space back and makes him have to try again lol.

When the fight goes to the corner (between his superman and her shadow kick - it will eventually lol) Reverse staff grab on the teleport, and with his big old hitbox he's not getting out easy.

After UFGT I had a lot of people want to play this match up with her and I rarely had difficulties outside of the laggy bastards lol. He'll try your patience, certainly. You have to play counter heavy and guess/read how he's going to try to get in then punish him for it. It can be a long fight. But I think it's a really fun one.

Wouldn't know how I would number it though. I leave that kind of stuff to the fighting game veterans. I just a have a vague "who has the advantage" look at it. And I don't really mind being wrong or disagreed with.

Anyway, what's more important; I would love some Baraka vs Jade games with you @STBTakeacgance and @STBShujinkydink. I can even grab another Jade/Baraka main for it and play around with it. I NEED to learn to punish that blade charge lol. I'm sure we're all leaving for the holidays though. I know I am :(

..But if by some miracle I get wifi in the middle of a cornfield, we can play on vita! I kinda struggle playing without my hitbox, so expect a lot of accidental boomarangs, throws and wins :p

NKZero

Noob
You could be right and I'm missing something about the Reptile match up, I just find spacing him out to be very difficult and the combo damage she gets on dash is a bit iffy. He can also punish up 3 and some other ranged stuff that other characters can't on block.

I'm not going to say I'm an expert at the match up or anything, I've played it with THTB, but he's a lot better than I am so I don't know honestly. I do feel confident that Reptile beats her, but your
input is always welcome.

NKZero 35% versus 40% isn't too bad of a difference, it's slightly higher,but not too bad.
5% difference :p. In all seriousness, since Sektor won't be sacrificing damage for missile set-ups he will hit 45% more often than 40% so it's about 45%. 10%...come at me bro.

Espio

Kokomo
5% difference :p. In all seriousness, since Sektor won't be sacrificing damage for missile set-ups he will hit 45% more often than 40% so it's about 45%. 10%...come at me bro.
lol good point.

I really wish we could play these out <3.

I truly do enjoy the Sektor match up, I've played it a couple times with Infra Dead, Master D, IKizzle and Romeo in the past, Sektor is a very fair character.

Death

Noob
Sonya 4-6 I agree with. Jade has some good tools that doesn't make the mu too bad.
KL jade is terrible. 7-3 at least

NKZero

Noob
lol good point.

I really wish we could play these out <3.

I truly do enjoy the Sektor match up, I've played it a couple times with Infra Dead, Master D, IKizzle and Romeo in the past, Sektor is a very fair character.
Yeah man screw that region-lock :(.

But did you call Sektor fair? 6 frame jab brah. Top 5. Win's all MU's 10-0. New grandmaster of the Lin Kuei. You are deluded....Sektor shows no mercy *shoots flames from his fists*

Espio

Kokomo
Just in my opinion.

Baraka: 5-5
Cyber Sub-Zero: 4-6
Cyrax: 4-6
Ermac: 4-6
Freddy: 4-6
Jax: 4-6
Johnny Cage: 4-6
Kabal: 3-7
Kano: 5-5
Kenshi: 2-8
Kitana: 4-6
Kung Lao: 3-7
Liu Kang: 4-6
Mileena: 4-6
Nightwolf: 5-5
Noob Saibot: 6-4
Quan Chi: 5-5
Raiden: 4-6
Reptile: 4-6
Rain: 5-5
Scorpion: 4-6
Sektor: 5-5
Shang Tsung: 5-5
Sheeva: 6-4
Sindel: 5-5
Skarlet: 4-6
Smoke: 4-6
Sonya: 4-6
Stryker: 5-5
Sub-Zero: 5-5

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Reptile doesn't go even with her. Dash alone fucks with her footsies too much, and she gets nothing for stuffing EX dash. Reptile can still set up forceballs in a lot of spots...he really just loses the option to do them at random in the neutral game...which...isn't a big deal considering Jade doesn't even get rewarded that much for punching him in the mouth for a forceball, and he can always set up an EX SFB, which she still can't deal with, even with flash. Her dash punish is pretty ass, too. I don't even give a fuck that you hit me...I don't take shit for it. You have to glow it to actually deal with it. d4 easily stops her from coming in with shadow kick and f2, as well.

Reptile can play his game, still, although it's slightly altered. And there's nothing stopping him from dashing into you...you don't really hurt him for him having it blocked.

Reptile doesn't go even with her. Dash alone fucks with her footsies too much, and she gets nothing for stuffing EX dash. Reptile can still set up forceballs in a lot of spots...he really just loses the option to do them at random in the neutral game...which...isn't a big deal considering Jade doesn't even get rewarded that much for punching him in the mouth for a forceball, and he can always set up an EX SFB, which she still can't deal with, even with flash. Her dash punish is pretty ass, too. I don't even give a fuck that you hit me...I don't take shit for it. You have to glow it to actually deal with it. d4 easily stops her from coming in with shadow kick and f2, as well.

Reptile can play his game, still, although it's slightly altered. And there's nothing stopping him from dashing into you...you don't really hurt him for him having it blocked.
With taking all of that into consideration, what would you say the MU is? 6-4 Reptile?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
With taking all of that into consideration, what would you say the MU is? 6-4 Reptile?
6-4. To correct myself, I forgot about her armor against EX dash, so yeah, I was wrong about that. But other than that, there's not much you can do to shift it to even.