What's new

Match-up Discussion IMO Jade's Honest Matchup Numbers

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
As one of the longest community members to use Jade, I thought I would owe the community my honest and updated matchup numbers for Jade. Feel free to critique, bitch, moan, and submit your input. If you would like elaboration, I shall give it to you.

Baraka: 5-5
Cyber Sub-Zero: 4-6
Cyrax: 4-6
Ermac: 4-6
Freddy: 4-6
Jax: 4-6
Johnny Cage: 4-6
Kabal: 3-7
Kano: 6-4
Kenshi: 2-8
Kitana: 4-6
Kung Lao: 4-6
Liu Kang: 5-5
Mileena: 4-6
Nightwolf: 5-5
Noob Saibot: 6-4
Quan Chi: 5-5
Raiden: 3-7
Reptile: 5-5
Rain: 5-5
Scorpion: 4-6
Sektor: 4-6
Shang Tsung: 5-5
Sheeva: 6-4
Sindel: 6-4
Skarlet: 3-7
Smoke: 4-6
Sonya: 4-6
Stryker: 5-5
Sub-Zero: 6-4

Espio

Kokomo
As one of the longest community members to use Jade, I thought I would owe the community my honest and updated matchup numbers for Jade. Feel free to critique, bitch, moan, and submit your input. If you would like elaboration, I shall give it to you.

Sheeva: 6-4
Stryker: 5-5
lmao Chance <3.

I can dig it in regards to Stryker and Sheeva.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I know little about Jade. Tell me why it's 6-4 in Scorpion's favor.
Scorpion has so much air control in this match. His JIP is amazing, and his Hell Fire works extremely well to keep Jade in check. The last thing Jade wants to do is start jumping around with Scorpion. Scorpion has all the tools to force Jade to come to him. Scorp can teleport boomerangs on reaction, EX Spear flash, and in general takes away most of jades mobility.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Why is Noob listed as 6-4 in Jade's favor? I've always felt it was even, and others have said it's 6-4 in Noob's favor. I'd like to hear another side of the story, it will certainly be helpful.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Why is Noob listed as 6-4 in Jade's favor? I've always felt it was even, and others have said it's 6-4 in Noob's favor. I'd like to hear another side of the story, it will certainly be helpful.

Jade limits a lot of noobs game from MIDSCREEN. When played at this area, noob has little options against jade. Full screen, both characters negate each other (Boomerangs can be punished with teleport easily on reaction, but noobs clones are negated completely). Up close, Noob has the general advantage, however with one bar of at any point in his holy offense, Jade is taking 30 percent where she can run away full screen if she needs to make Noob get risky, or play midscreen for more offense.

I don't think this matchup is terrible for Noob, I just think Jade has the advantage.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Jade limits a lot of noobs game from MIDSCREEN. When played at this area, noob as little options against jade. Full screen, both characters negate each other (Boomerangs can be punished with teleport easily on reaction, but noobs clones are negated completely). Up close, Noob has the general advantage, however with one bar of at any point in his holy offense, Jade is taking 30 percent where she can run away full screen if she needs to make Noob get risky, or play midscreen for more offense.

I don't think this matchup is terrible for Noob, I just think Jade has the advantage.
So, if Jade is able to play at the range where she can abuse moves like her B2 and the overhead, is this how she wins the match-up? Also, who will do better in the corner, out of curiosity?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
So, if Jade is able to play at the range where she can abuse moves like her B2 and the overhead, is this how she wins the match-up? Also, who will do better in the corner, out of curiosity?
The overhead is one, she gets a lot of easy d3's and d4's in the matchup as well since she can get in relatively risk free (unless she is jumping, then she eats upknees all day).

In the corner, Noob can wreck shit with his upknee advantage. On the other hand, when Jade has noob in the corner, he does not have a whole lot of options to get out.

Damage wise, Noob is more dangerous in the corner. Containment wise, Jade can make it hell for noob to get out.

Reactions: RYX

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Well I that Quan beats Jade 6-4. I mean he has 90% combos and she has like 30%. Plus go ahead and glow I'll just not zone and you can't zone cause I can trance you while you throw your boomerang glow or no glow. So therefore we both have to play upclose and quan's rushdown is better. I mean they both have shit normals, but can has mixups and nuetral strings and such. And his only string that you can ex glow to get out of is b3 1+2 which isn't even a very useful string if you look at the facts. It's just gimmicky and you will not be able to ex glow it on reaction. I just don't think that characters with those big of a damage difference can be even.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Jade limits a lot of noobs game from MIDSCREEN. When played at this area, noob has little options against jade. Full screen, both characters negate each other (Boomerangs can be punished with teleport easily on reaction, but noobs clones are negated completely). Up close, Noob has the general advantage, however with one bar of at any point in his holy offense, Jade is taking 30 percent where she can run away full screen if she needs to make Noob get risky, or play midscreen for more offense.

I personally think it's worse than 6-4 Jade. But that's me.

NKZero

Noob
Why does Sektor beat Jade? That MU seems even to me...and just to re-iterate what Reed said, I think Sub is even as well. I would like to know more about the Sektor MU though...

Goldi

Noob
OMFG a match up discussion! Quick! Everyone disagree with it until we have 20+ pages of bickering!

I tease. I more or less agree with it. As they say YMMV, which is why I never get too in the tier lists and MU discussions.

For example, I'd call Jade vs Baraka 6-4 his favor. Or less, that decimal thing. It's a slight advantage, but I think he has it here. Playing another Baraka/Jade main frequently, I run this match up as both characters against someone else who knows the match up well. It's not a slaughter but Jade desperately needs meter in this fight. And Baraka can just piss it away if he wants and have a full bar again for a few sparks and charges.

I'd call CSZ even - but I haven't fought enough of them to firmly believe it. And I'd say Reptile and Kenshi have a few more notches in their favor lol. But again, lack of experience on Reptile - especially offline. So I could definitely be wrong there.

I'm curious. How is Kitana 4-6? Jade shuts down her zoning, but she's got a good rush down. It's hard to keep her out. I've always thought it was a fun match, but even or slightly favoring kitty. TELL ME THE SECRET DAMN IT :)

Deity

Noob
I think sonya is worse than 4-6, En Kartwheel shuts down everything from Jade's strongest position which is midscreen.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Why does Sektor beat Jade? That MU seems even to me...and just to re-iterate what Reed said, I think Sub is even as well. I would like to know more about the Sektor MU though...
Sektors Footsies are great against Jade. Flamethrower is an excellent tool to use against Jade. It limits her jump ins, she can't shadow kick to move, and once she respects it, she eats F2 all day. Jade's hitbox is large, and Sektor can actually bullying her if played right. She cannot zone in this match at all due to IaT. It's not a big disadvantage, but I tried not to make any half points, so the matchup gets awarded to Sektor.

Almost forgot to mention, Sektor builds meter in this matchup hella faster than Jade.

OMFG a match up discussion! Quick! Everyone disagree with it until we have 20+ pages of bickering!

I'd call CSZ even - but I haven't fought enough of them to firmly believe it. And I'd say Reptile and Kenshi have a few more notches in their favor lol. But again, lack of experience on Reptile - especially offline. So I could definitely be wrong there.

I'm curious. How is Kitana 4-6? Jade shuts down her zoning, but she's got a good rush down. It's hard to keep her out. I've always thought it was a fun match, but even or slightly favoring kitty. TELL ME THE SECRET DAMN IT :)
CSZ can be a bitch due to his dive kick. That alone makes it hard for her to contain him. He wont be taking away 50 Percent from it, but it really does shut down a lot of her options. Parry works well against Jade when she is trying to utilize her spacing game as well. (B32, F2, etc all get destroyed by that parry on reaction). She can't throw rangs at all (full screen dive kick). And Cyber sub can make it hard for her to even approach him.

Once again, to avoid using halfs, I rounded up to a full 4-6.

Based on my experiences playing Barakas, I peg the matchup as a 5-5. Jade can punish the blade charge, but with only 8 percent. Baraka can actually abuse blade charge very well in this match and keep jade turtled up. He absolutely cannot zone in the match, but his EX charge gives him the ability to get in Jades face whenever he wants. Jade has a hard time approaching Baraka properly due to him being a god damn stegasaurus. They both make it hard on each other tho.

Kitana beats Jade 4-6. Jade removes her zoning, but her rushdown is eons better than Jades. D1 completely neutralizes Jades poking game, and JK air fan makes it risky to do ANY aerial assult or anti air. Good Kitanas make Jade hole up pretty quickly. Kitanas F2 > Jade's F2. Both characters are fighting for the same space midscreen, but all Jade can do is wait to get nailed by F2,1 or 21. She doesn't have a whole lot of answers for either. Full screen works out well for Jade, but Kitana can get in at any mis timed rang with square ass for free.

6-4 Kitana.

Reppy Jade is interesting. Online it is a definite 4-6. Offline where dash is punishable 5-5. Jade reduces reptile to Dash, and D4 to start anything on her.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I think sonya is worse than 4-6, En Kartwheel shuts down everything from Jade's strongest position which is midscreen.

I am not playing footsies with Sonya. Fuck that lol. I play that match full screen as much as possible where Sonya doesn't have options. If she gets close, I may glow and go for damage, or glow just to get out of the corner and make her chase again. Once sonya is in tho, it gets scary, but Jade has decent enough tools to make it difficult for her to get in. Sonya still wins the matchup due to her hitbox and d4 shenanigans + a heavily tilted damage ratio between the two characters. Definitely winnable.

NKZero

Noob
Sektors Footsies are great against Jade. Flamethrower is an excellent tool to use against Jade. It limits her jump ins, she can't shadow kick to move, and once she respects it, she eats F2 all day. Jade's hitbox is large, and Sektor can actually bullying her if played right. She cannot zone in this match at all due to IaT. It's not a big disadvantage, but I tried not to make any half points, so the matchup gets awarded to Sektor.

Almost forgot to mention, Sektor builds meter in this matchup hella faster than Jade.
I actually believe that they have an equal footsie game, especially in this particular MU. Jade has really good range on her normals and she can use that to her advantage even if Sektor has quicker normals. Both cannot zone one another, because Sektor has iaTU and Jade has glow, so that's a wash.

Sektor can press some advantage against Jade considering her pretty high hit-box but it's not equal to fighting a Freddy, Raiden or Noob up close for example so it's not nearly as bad as you may think. F2 is neutral and as long as Jade has meter Sektor always has to be wary of EX glow or he'll get blown up. So Sektor is still iffy up close and Jade has the armour to punish him. Plus if you've seen Mafia's videos on Jade's glow you will find she negates a ton of Sektor's stuff.

It's a very footsie-heavy game and I think they're equal in that aspect. Sektor can get in better but Jade can outrange him and try and whiff punish. Not to mention that she completely negates Sektor's best move i.e. the homing missile and all up missile set-ups in general.