What's new

I'm tired of fighting a HORDE of Scorpions and losing only because I play D'vorah!

I'll have to agree in one thing: Scorpion is damn annoying to play against. And I also play him a lot of times. Sometimes I'm just there fighting the third Scorpion of the day (counting with the fact that i play 4-5 games a day, that's a lot) and I suddenly realice i'm not enjoying playing anymore. It's jut boring to play Scorp, it limits the arsenal of many characters a lot (I play Cetrion, so like 80% of her tools are automatically removed) and just forces you to play his game and use a lot of thinking while he can go on autopilot mode. Meh,

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
As per title.

Every time I fight online it's only Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion. Sometimes there's an Erron Black trying to be cheap.

You'd think after fighting a hundred Scorpions I would know the matchup so well. But the problem is that, like a fool, I insist on playing D'vorah. And the fact I play D'vorah means I automatically lose unless the Scorpion is a MUCH worse player than me. But if the Scorpion is simply a bit less skilled than me? He still wins, of course.

This is honestly ruining my enjoyment. I'm tired of fighting always the same easy and overpowered character, and I'm tired of losing only because I start with a very strong tier disadvantage.
This is the lot in life of some of us. I play Jade in MK11. I play with the Lions on Madden. I played Sindel in MK9. Against Scorpion, the Patriots, and Kabal. If you want to main a lower-tier hero you just have to deal with it. Learn to thrive on the underdog position, and know that every time you whup that ass you completely dominated the game.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
This is the lot in life of some of us. I play Jade in MK11. I play with the Lions on Madden. I played Sindel in MK9. Against Scorpion, the Patriots, and Kabal. If you want to main a lower-tier hero you just have to deal with it. Learn to thrive on the underdog position, and know that every time you whup that ass you completely dominated the game.
I hope you are not saying that Jade is low tier in mk11.........

I'll have to agree in one thing: Scorpion is damn annoying to play against. And I also play him a lot of times. Sometimes I'm just there fighting the third Scorpion of the day (counting with the fact that i play 4-5 games a day, that's a lot) and I suddenly realice i'm not enjoying playing anymore. It's jut boring to play Scorp, it limits the arsenal of many characters a lot (I play Cetrion, so like 80% of her tools are automatically removed) and just forces you to play his game and use a lot of thinking while he can go on autopilot mode. Meh,
I main Cetrion as well. Played 4 sets yesterday. Each one of them chose Scorpion. F*ck my life.

I haven't played Online yet, only Offline, so is the issue with Scorpion and his Hellport Online the input latency? A raw, unamplified Hellport is quite punishable Offline when Blocked, and you can see it coming. Keep the pressure on and you can knock him out of it.

Amplified and blocked, and assuming you're fast enough, you can punish it as well from my experience.

Not ripping on anyone here, simply looking for clarification.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Honestly I’m not even worried about Scorpo anymore. Sub zero fucks me up now and he will until I get used to the slide like I did the teleport lol. His krushing blows are crazy.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Scorpion is a character that could be counter picked. Itd be good to have a sub who's good up close so you can make the most of those hits.

Also I haven't labbed the Dvorah matchup once and I face her like once a week at best and I have no fear whatsoever when I face her. Her damage is pathetic and her mixups arent really that scary

PeNNyw1ZE_TDC

Master level Noob
All he needs is to have his teleport punch be a high instead of a mid and I think he would be fine. I agree though it does get boring playing the vast majority of matches against scorpion players doing the same 3 moves over and over again. But that's also the nature of fighting games.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
All he needs is to have his teleport punch be a high instead of a mid and I think he would be fine. I agree though it does get boring playing the vast majority of matches against scorpion players doing the same 3 moves over and over again. But that's also the nature of fighting games.
the teleport punch can be a mid, thats not the issue, it wasnt an issue in mkx either, the issue is that he can mb it, then i guarantee you'll see less scorps doing the random teleporting, cuz it'll get punished hard everytime. No MB means easy punish every time.

PeNNyw1ZE_TDC

Master level Noob
the teleport punch can be a mid, thats not the issue, it wasnt an issue in mkx either, the issue is that he can mb it, then i guarantee you'll see less scorps doing the random teleporting, cuz it'll get punished hard everytime. No MB means easy punish every time.
Either way a small nerf to his teleport is all that's needed to balance him out. The thing can still have god like speed and be done in air, and still be the best overall teleport in the game.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Either way a small nerf to his teleport is all that's needed to balance him out. The thing can still have god like speed and be done in air, and still be the best overall teleport in the game.
was just saying i feel making unable to mb on block is a better nerf because it loses that psuedo guessing game/hard punish while still being able to control the pace of the match, making it a high kinda takes a lot of its ability to set the pace. which isnt so much of an issue, the issue is that its tricky to deal with even when u do block, which shouldnt be the case.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
was just saying i feel making unable to mb on block is a better nerf because it loses that psuedo guessing game/hard punish while still being able to control the pace of the match, making it a high kinda takes a lot of its ability to set the pace. which isnt so much of an issue, the issue is that its tricky to deal with even when u do block, which shouldnt be the case.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
3 months later and ppl still dont know how to punish blocked teleport?
its not that easy when you and the scorp player are trying to win neutral, and the scorp player says "fuck this" and disrupts the neutral game with random teleport. your mind is elsewhere and that window to punish both mb and non mb option is harder to hit.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
no, its not, its legitamately hard to do, don't pin that shit on it being my fault.
I dont have any troubles punishing both teleports, and sure as hell not against scorpion players who just randomly teleport or the ones who teleport cancel d4/throw wich is just a gimmick that is full combo punishable.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I dont have any troubles punishing both teleports, and sure as hell not against scorpion players who just randomly teleport or the ones who teleport cancel d4/throw wich is just a gimmick that is full combo punishable.
well good for you, the mb on block portion is still a problem, and its uneeded, it needs to go.

This is what i have to say on this thread:15181

I doubt they will nerf any character. Maybe only Sonya damage needs to be a little bit lower. Some characters needs some love, but that is it as far as character balance. The game overall balance is pretty OK. KB and FB needs balance, and maybe throws dmg need to be lowered.
This is fighting game where its obviously some character will have bad matches against some and good matches against same. Its simple as that. And this is not a balance problem.
You can`t have it all, and all characters to be euqally strong. Some are strong counter, but su** vs some, and others are good balanced, but nothing special.
Scorpion can be good at low to mid tier play, but at top and pro games he is nothing really special.
How many Scorpions you see in top 96 in the CEO ?
How you expect to master a character in a game that comes out like 2 months ago ....

Last edited:
When Raiden teleports, he doesn't attack immediately after. When Noob teleports, he's forced to attack. You can telegraph Kung Lao's teleport easily, and even Cetrion only appears behind you without attacking, though she shouldn't have one anyway. Theres a slight exception with Noob when he throws his scythe, but you know where he's going. Therefore, everybody's teleport is balanced except for Scorpion's. Scorpion can teleport safely behind you, or attack you, OR amplify it if you let go of block. Then he gets to jump around and teleport in the air, safely or to combo off of it. Because of his safe teleport, he's always in striking distance for his F3. It's like Johnny's, except there's a crushing blow behind it or a cheap grab.
If you were to remove Scorpion's entire combo list, he'd still be amazing, because his teleports are a mixup game of their own. He's not better than Erron but his teleports are insane. Why does he get 5 of them when other have 1?

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
When Raiden teleports, he doesn't attack immediately after. When Noob teleports, he's forced to attack. You can telegraph Kung Lao's teleport easily, and even Cetrion only appears behind you without attacking, though she shouldn't have one anyway. Theres a slight exception with Noob when he throws his scythe, but you know where he's going. Therefore, everybody's teleport is balanced except for Scorpion's. Scorpion can teleport safely behind you, or attack you, OR amplify it if you let go of block. Then he gets to jump around and teleport in the air, safely or to combo off of it. Because of his safe teleport, he's always in striking distance for his F3. It's like Johnny's, except there's a crushing blow behind it or a cheap grab.
If you were to remove Scorpion's entire combo list, he'd still be amazing, because his teleports are a mixup game of their own. He's not better than Erron but his teleports are insane. Why does he get 5 of them when other have 1?
GIT GUD