What's new

I'm tired of fighting a HORDE of Scorpions and losing only because I play D'vorah!

Lun

proud TERF!
That's okay, I got a semi-decent Scorpion if you wanna play some games sometime. It may help. I can even play him like a scrub for you! Yolo teleport, yolo teleport, D2, D1 grab XD
Aha, gladly! :D

I have you in my friendlist so I hope we'll catch each other online. Maybe later today?

DeftMonk

Noob
  1. Where did they say that they are perfect? Why would you even bring that?
  2. This is really helpful, lol.
I get it bro your salty and you play dvorah. But, your salty mostly because u play dvorah. She sucks so bad at the moment it will hinder your ability to further understand the game as many of her options just suck or have wack hitboxes.
I hope they Buff her soon.

Lun

proud TERF!
"The only reason I lost is because D'Vorah"
I guess if you were to interpet it as "I wouldn't lose any match ever if I didn't play D'vorah", then sure, it sounds just silly.

But I think most people here understood that, behind my frustration, what I was clearly saying is "it's unfair when the opponent is at my same skill level or even below, yet they win because my character is too weak and has no tools and they are using an easy and top tier character". The balance here is wack! It's supposed to affect only top tournament players, not everyone!

I get it bro your salty and you play dvorah. But, your salty mostly because u play dvorah. She sucks so bad at the moment it will hinder your ability to further understand the game as many of her options just suck or have wack hitboxes.
It's like with Shang Tsung.... I keep waiting for the moment NetherRealms Software will deliver!

Raider

Noob
I don't have a single reason to be salty. Like i said previously i am playing other characters too. And i understand the game pretty good. Just... stop pls.

DeftMonk

Noob
I guess if you were to interpet it as "I wouldn't lose any match ever if I didn't play D'vorah", then sure, it sounds just silly.

But I think most people here understood that, behind my frustration, what I was clearly saying is "it's unfair when the opponent is at my same skill level or even below, yet they win because my character is too weak and has no tools and they are using an easy and top tier character". The balance here is wack! It's supposed to affect only top tournament players, not everyone!

It's like with Shang Tsung.... I keep waiting for the moment NetherRealms Software will deliver!
I said what I said not to be rude but when people play low tier characters they often use that as a crutch as to why they lost while never improving... All the while some Geras is labbing our how to rape every matchup and improving every day. Don’t fall into the trap. (Sounds like you already are by assuming that your opponent who beat you is of similar skill to you) low tier hero syndrome hehe we’ve all had it.

Lun

proud TERF!
I said what I said not to be rude but when people play low tier characters they often use that as a crutch as to why they lost while never improving... All the while some Geras is labbing our how to rape every matchup and improving every day. Don’t fall into the trap. (Sounds like you already are by assuming that your opponent who beat you is of similar skill to you) low tier hero syndrome hehe we’ve all had it.
Well, you're going by the assumption I can't judge an opponent's skill and understand wether they're objectively better than me or not. :p

I fought PLENTY of opponents that are waaaaayyyy better than me! It's how I get better at the game. I'm no pro, and my only way to go up is to learn from the better opponents.

But it's when I lose to some mediocre player who's using a character that gives them too much tier advantage, that I find it's unfair. Which is what I'm talking about here: the crappy lack of balance!

Lun

proud TERF!
So, I did a little test.

I fought the same opponent (some dude in my friend list) with every character I can play so far.

Maybe it's psychological, but here's the results:

- I won with Raiden

- I won with Cetrion

- I won with Shao Kahn

- I lost with D'vorah

Even though D'vorah is the character I definitely spent the most time on.

Raider

Noob
Playing Kombat League in last few days made me realize even more just how annoying this character is. Best one word description would probably be: "cheap".

He is just too good and the fact that he is too good for almost 3 months now, since the release is a joke. 80% of my matches have been against Scorpions. I didn't had much problems playing against other champions but Scorpion is just... no comment. I was playing Jade but also tried to switch to Skarlet... nope, it's just not working.

Maybe it's me? But strange how i didn't had any problems figuring out and reading other characters but couldn't do the same with Scorpion. No matter what you do, this character can punish you and have answer for everything. Too safe, easy combos, easy crushing blows, great damage...

Last edited:
Interestingly, you never see Scorpion dominating at tournaments though. He's used, but doesn't seem to be extensively.

I haven't bothered with Online yet still, but I suspect the natural frame delay there makes his stuff safer and thus makes him "better."

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
Playing Kombat League in last few days made me realize even more just how annoying this character is. Best one word description would probably be: "cheap".

He is just too good and the fact that he is too good for almost 3 months now, since the release is a joke. 80% of my matches have been against Scorpions. I didn't had much problems playing against other champions but Scorpion is just... no comment. I was playing Jade but also tried to switch to Skarlet... nope, it's just not working.

Maybe it's me? But strange how i didn't had any problems figuring out and reading other characters but couldn't do the same with Scorpion. No matter what you do, this character can punish you and have answer for everything. Too safe, easy combos, easy crushing blows, great damage...
A lot of the go-to stuff that online Scorpions do is extremely punishable. I play Scorpion myself, but I win almost every mirror because they aren't usually thinking. Blocking teleports or staying in his face are the best, simplest ways to deal with him.

Raider

Noob
A lot of the go-to stuff that online Scorpions do is extremely punishable. I play Scorpion myself, but I win almost every mirror because they aren't usually thinking. Blocking teleports or staying in his face are the best, simplest ways to deal with him.
So i guess i should learn to play Scorpion? Just to be able to win against him?
Don't get me wrong i was able to win few matches against him but i lost majority of matches playing Jade.

What you said doesn't change the fact that he is very easy to play and do damage with, harder to punish than majority of characters and overall annoying.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Hot Take: Dvorah does fine vs Scorpion. Df3 gaurds you from every teleport option and her ovi rush frame traps 44, and you can win up close with d1 into the frame trap loops, his mids arent fast enough to blow you up for poking after amp ovi rush. Its AT WORST 6-4 Scorpion.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
who is scorpion worst mu if he has any ? i hate this character with passion and all characters i play suck vs him . I will learn a character just to fight scorpion but who ?

also from now on will tbag and fatal every scorp player online who I beat , if I lose will rage quit

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
who is scorpion worst mu if he has any ? i hate this character with passion and all characters i play suck vs him . I will learn a character just to fight scorpion but who ?

also from now on will tbag and fatal every scorp player online who I beat , if I lose will rage quit
Apparently he doesn't have an actual loosing matchup. He has the close up tools to play neutral with anyone and zoning him out is off the table.

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
In my opinion the match up would be so much easier if she could launch punish his shit. Idk how punishable Ex teleport is.... but f1, 3 doesnt punish it... maybe 4 into ex puddle. There is a gap between -8 to -16 where punishing can be either really tricky or minimal damage.
I dont think dvorah is hot garbage. She needs to be fixed first, but as far as buffs? A small damage buff/ 1, 2 ex puddle conversion would do wonders for her in conjunction with the well deserved nerfs for the top performers.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
In my opinion the match up would be so much easier if she could launch punish his shit. Idk how punishable Ex teleport is.... but f1, 3 doesnt punish it... maybe 4 into ex puddle. There is a gap between -8 to -16 where punishing can be either really tricky or minimal damage.
I dont think dvorah is hot garbage. She needs to be fixed first, but as far as buffs? A small damage buff/ 1, 2 ex puddle conversion would do wonders for her in conjunction with the well deserved nerfs for the top performers.
Yeah, 4xxswarm amp is doable. She needs hitbox fixes more than anything, but hit adv on 21 would be cool, too.