What's new

I'm tired of fighting a HORDE of Scorpions and losing only because I play D'vorah!

Lun

proud TERF!
As per title.

Every time I fight online it's only Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion. Sometimes there's an Erron Black trying to be cheap.

You'd think after fighting a hundred Scorpions I would know the matchup so well. But the problem is that, like a fool, I insist on playing D'vorah. And the fact I play D'vorah means I automatically lose unless the Scorpion is a MUCH worse player than me. But if the Scorpion is simply a bit less skilled than me? He still wins, of course.

This is honestly ruining my enjoyment. I'm tired of fighting always the same easy and overpowered character, and I'm tired of losing only because I start with a very strong tier disadvantage.

Last edited:

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I hope D'vorah gets some love. She's a cool character and she did well in MKX (I think). Too bad she's not that good in MK11.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
As per title.

Every time I fight online it's only Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion Scorpion. Sometimes there's an Erron Black trying to be cheap.

You'd think after fighting a hundred Scorpions I would know the matchup so well. But the problem is that, like a fool, I insist on playing D'vorah. And the fact I play D'vorah means I automatically lose unless the Scorpion is a MUCH worse player than me, But if the Scorpion is simply a bit less skilled than me? He still wins, of course.

This is honestly ruining my enjoyment. I'm tired of fighting always the same easy and overpowered character, and I'm tired of losing only because I start with a very strong tier disadvantage.
Exactly, don't be a fool. Either pick another main or don't complain for using a bad character.

Last edited:

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
It's funny that literally 100% of the people that comment "ah you're not good enough" would literally get beaten identically the same in the same matchup 10000-0, but they still comment.

It's obviously stupid to have to work 10 times harder than the opponent, to learn flawless blocks, counters, when to duck, when to poke back, WHILE ALL HE DOES IS F44444444 b222222222222222222222222

Lun

proud TERF!
It's funny that literally 100% of the people that comment "ah you're not good enough" would literally get beaten identically the same in the same matchup 10000-0, but they still comment.

It's obviously stupid to have to work 10 times harder than the opponent, to learn flawless blocks, counters, when to duck, when to poke back, WHILE ALL HE DOES IS F44444444 b222222222222222222222222
THANK YOU.

Finally someone with some sense!

Lun

proud TERF!
I'd say play a good character until patches arrive. Nrs games are not the place for loyalty

Yeah, that's exactly my complaint. This game clearly feels like you're not supposed to play the character you want. This is honestly the first time in all of my fighting games experience that I feel I am absolutely not meant to play certain characters. Maybe I just got lucky in the past and never wanted to main a bottom tier before, or maybe this game's balance is ludicrous.

In any case, it's frustrating that more and more I feel I should not play D'vorah. Many other players already gave up playing on her even if they like the character, and I feel I must do the same too and play someone who's at the very least a mid tier.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
As per title.

You'd think after fighting a hundred Scorpions I would know the matchup so well. But the problem is that, like a fool, I insist on playing D'vorah. And the fact I play D'vorah means I automatically lose unless the Scorpion is a MUCH worse player than me, But if the Scorpion is simply a bit less skilled than me? He still wins, of course.

The thread title is a bit of an exaggeration, I understand though. Scorpion's teleport is a bit of an issue right now.

But you need to lose this mentality that winning or losing is some sort of big matter of life and death especially if you're willingly playing anyone but the top characters. It will be more fun if you just let go and worry about getting better. Space your moves well, optimise your combos, there is a lot you can do even if you lose. Play for fun and for improvement, wins will come with time.

Lun

proud TERF!
The thread title is a bit of an exaggeration, I understand though. Scorpion's teleport is a bit of an issue right now.

But you need to lose this mentality that winning or losing is some sort of big matter of life and death especially if you're willingly playing anyone but the top characters. It will be more fun if you just let go and worry about getting better. Space your moves well, optimise your combos, there is a lot you can do even if you lose. Play for fun and for improvement, wins will come with time.

It's not just about the teleport. EVERYTHING Scorpion has is much, much, muuuuuuch better than what D'vorah has. You name it, he's got it and D'vorah doesn't.

I've noticed that I usually don't get angry when I felt I lost fair and square. But the feeling of being at an unfair advantage due to things not related to my actual skill is what makes me so pissed. Then the whole thing is exacerbated by the fact that 90% of players seem to use Scorpion just because they know they'll have an easier win.

I've tried to main Scorpion myself realizing that was my way to win easy. And it works. But..... I don't like him. I just don't like him.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
It's not just about the teleport. EVERYTHING Scorpion has is much, much, muuuuuuch better than what D'vorah has. You name it, he's got it and D'vorah doesn't.

I've noticed that I usually don't get angry when I felt I lost fair and square. But the feeling of being at an unfair advantage due to things not related to my actual skill is what makes me so pissed. Then the whole thing is exacerbated by the fact that 90% of players seem to use Scorpion just because they know they'll have an easier win.

I've tried to main Scorpion myself realizing that was my way to win easy. And it works. But..... I don't like him. I just don't like him.
Playing Jade and guessing right 5 times in a row only to lose a match on one wrong guess is frustrating as well.
But try to take my advice and try to relax.
Getting mad at a computer game doesn't do anything for you.

Hell, getting on here and seeing these clowns try to school me about the character I've been playing and labbing and literally insulting me ad hominem for saying she needs fixes is a frustrating experience in its own right, but letting petty shit make you mad is no way to live your life.

Last edited: