What's new

General/Other - Tanya I'm no Tanya fan but Holllyyyy....

Tanya is from Edenia and there is no Latin America there...she is just a dark skinned Edenian. You can call Tanya black but you can't call her African or whatever cuz she isn't. you could say she resembles a latino but she largely is known for being a dark skinned woman.
I agree with this.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I do not. :coffee:.
look...no one is trying to pick a fight with you. I'd be totally supportive of a dark skinned latino portraying many of the females including tanya in a movie or as inspiration for the game characters regardless of their race. I'd also be supportive of someone like Halle Barry playing her as well. Heck. I actually think Stacey Dash resembled her quite well but when I said that I was informed she was a self-hating black and people were like "no". but regardless I think if you are pressing for a character that is definitely a certain race, minority, etc. then they'd have to be from earthrealm and clearly defined. I just...I don't see what difference it makes really. her character is from Edenia who clearly defines anyone from that realm a race in and of itself or so we know so far. so if you would like to think of her as resembling her as a dark skinned latino then that's perfectly fine. I think of subzero as a homosexual. I mean...soon as he becomes freed from being a revenant he goes and lives with a bunch of men (with the exception of frost) and shows off his shaven/trimmed pectorals for no reason.

Last edited:

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
look...no one is trying to pick a fight with you. I'd be totally supportive of a dark skinned latino portraying many of the females including tanya in a movie or as inspiration for the game characters regardless of their race. I'd also be supportive of someone like Halle Barry playing her as well. Heck. I actually think Stacey Dash resembled her quite well but when I said that I was informed she was a self-hating black and people were like "no". but regardless I think if you are pressing for a character that is definitely a certain race, minority, etc. then they'd have to be from earthrealm and clearly defined. I just...I don't see what difference it makes really. her character is from Edenia who clearly defines anyone from that realm a race in and of itself or so we know so far. so if you would like to think of her as resembling her as a dark skinned latino then that's perfectly fine. I think of subzero is a homosexual. I mean...soon as he becomes freed from being a revenant he goes and lives with a bunch of men (with the exception of frost) and shows off his shaven/trimmed pectorals for no reason.
It's gay not homosexual :eek:. And she resembles more of a Latino girl to me, I would say a middle eastern girl at second place, and just a light black girl in third place, not a dark black girl, sorry. Now, I want to say that Latinos have very little representation in videogames, you have two black persons, jax and jacquie, while we lost Ermac and Nightwolf, lets be serious here.
Edit: Indians in second place, so middle eastern in third and light black at fourth.

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
My point was that she is mixed yeah.
While she has ethnicity of both worlds, you can't define her as black (or white for that matter).
Wether we want to be defined by one race when we are mixed isn't the reality . I can't say I'm white even tho I have very little Native American in me . We don't get to choose how the world pigeon holes us .

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
It's gay not homosexual :eek:. And she resembles more of a Latino girl to me, I would say a middle eastern girl at second place, and just a light black girl in third place, not a dark black girl, sorry. Now, I want to say that Latinos have very little representation in videogames, you have two black persons, jax and jacquie, while we lost Ermac and Nightwolf, lets be serious here.
Edit: Indians in second place, so middle eastern in third and light black at fourth.
Isnt Nightwolf Indian? I dont think Ermac was ever confirmed to be latino. However, in the older games when he was a red ninja, he did seem to have darker skin than Scorp, Sub, Smoke, Rain and Reptile. RIP human Reptile, I hate his new reptillian design :(

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Isnt Nightwolf Indian? I dont think Ermac was ever confirmed to be latino. However, in the older games when he was a red ninja, he did seem to have darker skin than Scorp, Sub, Smoke, Rain and Reptile. RIP human Reptile, I hate his new reptillian design :(
Nightwolf is native american, latinos are part native americans part hispanic, so I would consider him part of the family :p. Ermac I don't know man but AngryJoe said he is latino so must be true :DOGE.

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
are you serious he is obviously native LMFAO:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's honestly not worth getting into... You have said before you're right and all other information is not... I think if you are expressing your honest opinions then you have a very sad and one dimensional outlook on the world in general...
My entire family is mixed... With different things... I even have an Asian adopted sister... The way you view in absolutes is simply wrong... But I don't want to do pages of meaningless back and forth with you about it... If you want to have a real open minded conversation about it feel free to pm me though...

If anyone in society looks at a mixed black man with white and he looks mostly black he will consider black.
That how the world works, you're ignorant to think otherwise.
I'm mixed with Black and Indian and people won't believe me even if I tell them.
Its not what we are its what society perceives us as. Have you ever heard of the one drop rule? It still exist today in extent.