What's new

General/Other - Tanya I'm no Tanya fan but Holllyyyy....

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
This complaining over her skin tone/overall appearance is becoming so ridiculous that I'm starting to wonder if some of you are Khrome's dupe accounts. She's not black enough? Since when were yellow irises 'textbook African-American' anyway?

She's a video game character, NRS can do whatever the fuck they want with her and aren't obliged to stick with an arbitrary design ethos.

I GET IT THE HOLLY BERRY THING. It's cause Holly berries are white right? And Tanya is white-looking.

I gotcha

Edit: never mind mistletoe berries are white. Holly's are red. Tanya isn't red :/
Na it was an honest mistake posting from my phone while workin...mostly an accidental carry over from typing Holllyyyyy in the topic title, so yeah.

Last edited:
She's still in DLC flesh out point they could tweak her Story NPC model to fit all you complaining bitches. Be happy with what you get. She looks AMAZING in story so I think they did a fantastic job. Let's see one of you make a computer graphic better than what they have from PROFESSIONALS

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Am I the only one who prefers her longer hair? Yea I think it needs a little more texture work but I like it more than the really short one. Like others have said it could very well be a variation so we may get the best of both worlds.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
If people don't complain, then nothing will happen about it. People bitched for Tremor, you know how that ended.
People also bitched about Kano...

Seriously though, Tremor also was in MK9 (was it on Vita?). I'm not sure if Tremor is in because of bitching or because someone cheats on Scorpion with him...

Honestly after seeing her in game I don't think she looks that bad; but I do agree as an Tanya fan since MK4 through Armageddon they need to at least give us an alternate costume of the old Tanya, we deserve that much. At least those who've been loyal to her. I really don't understand what was the original decision behind changing her look.

RM8

:D
Ouch. I really didn't need to see that concept art, I was starting to accept her looks. Why, NRS :(

Oh well. I'm still maining her.

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
Someone's needs to petition to give her *Edit* Halle Berry look back 0_0 http://m.imgur.com/qvEwBAq

Seriously she's the last Dlc character right? How in the **** did the mushroom top make it in over "B" hair design???
GAH MUHFUGGIN DAAAAAAMN!!

Yo, that concept art got me in my twitter thirst variation right now. Why in the hell are they not using that????!

If there is some amazing decision to render that as a costume in the game I will use her...

They could adjust it to her main skin tone.
but eitherway, why are people so obsessed with her skin tone anyway.
I don't care at the end of the day, it's just that it doesn't make sense. Tanya literally looks the same as young Halle berry with an Egyptian outfit. How is it an issue that she's black?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Halle Berry isn't black, one of her parents is Caucasian.
Mixed people take on black facial features. She's black because that's what the world see's her as, you don't pick when you have brown skin and black facial features. President Barack Obama is mixed but he's black to the world because people see him as a black man. 1st black president, not first mixed president.