What's new

"I'm In A Nightmare" -- Batman General Discussion Thread

does it beat wakeups/tech rolls? not knocking your combos, just curious. those look pretty swag

They can tech roll and evade the F3(but if you hold f3 a bit, you still hitting), if the opponent use a wakeup attack, you can use the F3(you can hold f3, if the opponent try to do something you just hit the metter button ^^) mb...
Sorry for my english :(
So, you can use these setups one time or another, it's a viable tech, but I can't guarantee that it will always work...

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So, I've discovered an invisible wall glitch with Batman. Basically, if you have an opponent cornered and release bats, if they block bats and you go for a cross over, you will hit a wall.

I tested this against Lex and Doomsday, but I also had this happen to me when fighting Raven the other day.

This glitch makes me sad.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
So, I've discovered an invisible wall glitch with Batman. Basically, if you have an opponent cornered and release bats, if they block bats and you go for a cross over, you will hit a wall.

I tested this against Lex and Doomsday, but I also had this happen to me when fighting Raven the other day.

This glitch makes me sad.
Yup, I've been dealing with this since Day 1. So I've gone around it by walking up after releasing bats and either doing B1 or a F3.

Edit: And I don't think that we should call it a glitch. I feel that this was deliberately implemented to prevent unblockables in the event that the opponent doesn't have a bar to pushblock the bats.

Rude

The thing is, I recall at one point being able to cross people up while they were blocking trait at one point. I suppose this may have been a timing thing, where maybe the trait blocking was almost complete as I jumped.

Still. I am not a fan of this.

D

Deleted member 28105

I main Green Arrow but us Mr. Wayne as my secondary. When i play with him I end up abusing jump 2, jumping in ALOT because I feel like my normals are often blown up. Any tips for a new, jumpy-batman player?

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
The B23 string is very good. Both as an ender and in pressure. You can even use it for checking space. F23 is also good, as the F2 part of the string reaches pretty far and can be canceled into specials. You could also end in F23 to push your opponent further into the corner. Ending does less damage tham B23, but its worth it in some situations if you want to bully your opponent around.
b23 is very unsafe against characters like Aquaman or Killer Frost. Moves like From the deep can interrupt the string after the second hit. I got punished lots of times by the CPU for using it. I haven't seen even Tom Brady punishing it in a tournament but, sooner or later, they'll find out.

Rude

I don't think this is true.

You said the CPU does this to you?

I just tested Aquaman and Killer Frost in training mode. I set them onto Reversal for their respective moves. Aquaman for FTD and Frost for her slide.
After the second hit, they did attempt those moves. However, the explosion stuffed them every time.
I did this from jump-ins, both sides of the screen, and from max distance. The only time the moves came out were when I whiffed the first hit and connected with the second. Even then, I had time to block.

If the CPU does this to you, then it should work with Reversals. The CPU always does just-frame inputs, so I'm not sure what you are experiencing.

I'll see if I can try this with a human and let you know. if you know of a better way to suss this out than the method I've described, let me know.

Rude

I also just tested this with a human being. The moves start to come out, but the explosion interrupts them.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
I don't think this is true.

You said the CPU does this to you?

I just tested Aquaman and Killer Frost in training mode. I set them onto Reversal for their respective moves. Aquaman for FTD and Frost for her slide.
After the second hit, they did attempt those moves. However, the explosion stuffed them every time.
I did this from jump-ins, both sides of the screen, and from max distance. The only time the moves came out were when I whiffed the first hit and connected with the second. Even then, I had time to block.

If the CPU does this to you, then it should work with Reversals. The CPU always does just-frame inputs, so I'm not sure what you are experiencing.

I'll see if I can try this with a human and let you know. if you know of a better way to suss this out than the method I've described, let me know.
You're right, I probably missed the first hit. That was my b, sorry.

By the way, is there any way to avoid doing db2 when you're crouching and want to input b2 or you always have to delay it a bit? I am tired of whiffing upward batarangs, ha ha!

Rude

Fantastic, Joker! What can we do to make your transition to The Dark Knight easier?

Rude

This is probably already known, but we're all familiar with b112, right?

Batman's low string that ends in an overhead, for those not in the know. Lately, I have come to believe that it has a gap before the overhead comes out.

More details to come as soon as I find someone to test this with.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
It has a gap, indeed. I'm don't know the exact details about the frame data, but I'm pretty sure some (if not most) d1's can stop the last hit of that string.

Rude

So that makes the sum total of Batman string gaps to be 5:
b113
b112

I think his ONLY gapless strings are b23 and 123.

ryumanjisen

Well, I stand corrected.

With the AI training on reversal mode, the only string with a gap (theorically, as soon as the AI is free from blockstun, it tries to reversal) was 113. After that I did the dirty work myself and the only strings that I could interrupt with Bat's cape parry and Adam's D1 were 113, and 223 only if I was ducking, since the last 2 whiffs on crouched opponents.

Rude

Well, I stand corrected.

With the AI training on reversal mode, the only string with a gap (theorically, as soon as the AI is free from blockstun, it tries to reversal) was 113. After that I did the dirty work myself and the only strings that I could interrupt with Bat's cape parry and Adam's D1 were 113, and 223 only if I was ducking, since the last 2 whiffs on crouched opponents.
The last hit of 112 is potentially a high, as it is duckable and can be d1'd.
B113 can be d1'd on the second hit depending on spacing and hitbox of character.
B112 has been d1'd before the overhead comes out on me plenty of times.

ryumanjisen

There is no gap in 112. However, it's range is too short, and sometimes it whiffs on crouched character, specially those with smaller hitboxes (catwoman, frost, batgirl). And I think that happens too with the two b11 strings: sometimes it whiffs because of its short range.

But I insist: as far as I've tested it, there is no gap in those strings... and I don't remember anyone interrupting my b112 with a d1 after blocking the firsts two hits...could be wrong, too.

Rude

I hope I'm not coming off as a know-it-all. It could very well be a spacing/hitbox issue, but I've been poked out of b11(pokeable after second hit due to spacing/hitbox) and b112. The latter is probably a spacing issue.

The only thing is, it's starting to seem like you can't (or shouldn't) use b1 from max range due to these space-related gap issues.

112 also seems to whiff on Zod, on occasion, for whatever reason.