What's new

"I'm In A Nightmare" -- Batman General Discussion Thread

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
What are Batman's best approach options? Jumping in and dashing in only get you so far. And if you're out of Bats (trait), how do you cover yourself?

Also, does Batman have any reliable wakeup options besides Slide?
You should never be out of bats. Cycle them to where you always have one ready to be called in after you release one.

ArkBat

Noob
I was wondering how you guys adapt your Batman play to online. I've spent most of time playing offline but once I started playing online I found it difficult to maintain proper timing in a variety of aspects (combo execution, movement, punishing, etc). If anyone could offer some advice it would be much appreciated. Alternatively, if anyone would like to provide a demonstration I would be more than excited to play and learn :)

PSN - Ark_Bat

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I was wondering how you guys adapt your Batman play to online. I've spent most of time playing offline but once I started playing online I found it difficult to maintain proper timing in a variety of aspects (combo execution, movement, punishing, etc). If anyone could offer some advice it would be much appreciated. Alternatively, if anyone would like to provide a demonstration I would be more than excited to play and learn :)

PSN - Ark_Bat
On connections that are excellent you really don't need to vary timing much at all. On connections that have a little lag I like to enter the button command a split second before I normally would

For example on a combo such as 223, B3 I enter the button command for B3 a split second before the timing cue I have for an offline mode.

ArkBat

Noob
On connections that are excellent you really don't need to vary timing much at all. On connections that have a little lag I like to enter the button command a split second before I normally would

For example on a combo such as 223, B3 I enter the button command for B3 a split second before the timing cue I have for an offline mode.
After giving online another try I understand your point about adapting to the connection and that it will just be another thing to keep in mind. I just need to stop playing trash connections in player and ranked match lol.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
After giving online another try I understand your point about adapting to the connection and that it will just be another thing to keep in mind. I just need to stop playing trash connections in player and ranked match lol.
One thing that helps is opening your NAT. I opened mine when the game came out and I've rarely had bad lag.

babalook

Noob
so recently for resets ive stopped doing nj2 B114 and started doing nj2 into ji2 because nj2 gives you a safe jump on hit so they must block the ji2 and if you delay the ji2 it doesnt crossup

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I liked how Perfect Legend was hitting B3 with his opponent was in the corner, but still catching them with the upward grappling hook to throw them back into the corner.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So...I was going to make a thread about this. However, it may have all been said before. So to err on the side of caution, I will write it here. Furthermore, I am still testing some of this and it is speculative in some respects. Still...it is worth discussing.

Have we considered how GOOD F2 is? According to in-game frame data, F2(The head butt move thingie) is 6 frames. It also hits mid. It is also plus 1 on block. Do we realize how amazing this is?

While I have been unable to test this, instead of trying to use our d1 in footsies, when someone comes to poke, why not use f2? It's as fast as a poke and leaves you at minor advantage. More importantly than that, because of it's range, I find it to be a good way to "check" the opponent. After it is blocked, you could follow up with 1,2. While this starts high, it is plus 6 on block. After 1,2, you could basically get a free F2. This creates a mix-up of whether you will finish 123, finish f23, or continue with more poke pressure.

I feel like I'm not explaining this well. Still, I will continue to write words until at least I understand it. After 1,2, there should only be a 3 frame gap between that and a b1. B1 by itself being nuetral, you could create a mix-up between that, completing the string, or F2.

Also, after b3, you are at plus 12. A B23 can't be interrupted(if the frame data is right) because it starts at 12 frames. You could maybe create a guess between doing the B23 or jumping, or f2.

I don't know. I'm just spit-balling here. I imagine utilizing call bats in the middle of all this would be helpful.

Thoughts?

Also, you can F2 into MB grapple for a full combo. Another plus to using it.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
You're not alone in this. I've been using f2 as a poke lately, and it works wonders.

So...I was going to make a thread about this. However, it may have all been said before. So to err on the side of caution, I will write it here. Furthermore, I am still testing some of this and it is speculative in some respects. Still...it is worth discussing.

Have we considered how GOOD F2 is? According to in-game frame data, F2(The head butt move thingie) is 6 frames. It also hits mid. It is also plus 1 on block. Do we realize how amazing this is?

While I have been unable to test this, instead of trying to use our d1 in footsies, when someone comes to poke, why not use f2? It's as fast as a poke and leaves you at minor advantage. More importantly than that, because of it's range, I find it to be a good way to "check" the opponent. After it is blocked, you could follow up with 1,2. While this starts high, it is plus 6 on block. After 1,2, you could basically get a free F2. This creates a mix-up of whether you will finish 123, finish f23, or continue with more poke pressure.

I feel like I'm not explaining this well. Still, I will continue to write words until at least I understand it. After 1,2, there should only be a 3 frame gap between that and a b1. B1 by itself being nuetral, you could create a mix-up between that, completing the string, or F2.

Also, after b3, you are at plus 12. A B23 can't be interrupted(if the frame data is right) because it starts at 12 frames. You could maybe create a guess between doing the B23 or jumping, or f2.

I don't know. I'm just spit-balling here. I imagine utilizing call bats in the middle of all this would be helpful.

Thoughts?

Also, you can F2 into MB grapple for a full combo. Another plus to using it.

Since when is f2 6 frames? I always thought it was 12 or 15 since the demo

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Is f2 really 6 frames!! If it is my counter poke game just got alot better

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Rude

Look at the in-game frame data. B2 is 12 frame. F2 is six. 1,2 is +6. So you get a free F2 check. If you want, I can double check, but I am 99% positive that this is true.

babalook

Noob
Look at the in-game frame data. B2 is 12 frame. F2 is six. 1,2 is +6. So you get a free F2 check. If you want, I can double check, but I am 99% positive that this is true.
pretty sure 12 is +1 and I'm positive F2 is atleast 11 frames just from looking at it

Rude

Well. I just looked it up again. Balls. Balls. Balls. Sigh. Sorry for the misinformation.

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
So what strings do you guys use I was practicing combos and stuff with 223 and 113 only to find out that they an be interupted -__-. I know there is B112, but I can't combo off of that. Any tips to opening people up and what strings to use because im lost. (Not every combo can be started with a jump in.) Thanks.

Rude

Use: B23(can combo with Bats). Use b113(Safe, use B112 for a mix-up) Use 123(No holes). Use F2(+1, 14 frames, can link into forward grapple) 22 is good for giving yourself advantage for more pressure after a MB grapple.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
My favorite strings to begin damaging combos are 123 and 113.

113, B3, J3, B23 and 123, B2, MB sky grapple, B3, J3, B23 are amazing combos coming from these strings. These strings also begin with Batman's light attack (one of the fastest attacks in the game.) So punishes turn into full combo if you use these strings. I know they can be ducked on the first hit, but most people don't react fast enough to poke you out of them. Both of these strings also end in either a low or overhead attack which can cause some confusion.

Other strings I use are B113, B112 and 223. 223 is excellent if you can land a J2 as you can go in to one of Batman's easiest combos ( J2, 223, b3, J3, B23.) It can be poked out of, but if you hit confirm the J2 you can avoid this.

B113 is a good low starter that I like to throw out when putting pressure after a knockdown. This works well if you have been using Batman's overhead option (I'll list in shortly.) You can go in to: B113, 123, B2, MB sky grapple, B3, J3, sparks for good damage out of B113. B112 is a good compliment to B113 as it is safe and hits overhead.

Now, you can also use B23 as it is an amazing string. It covers a good portion of the air space in front of Batman making it a decent anti air. It also hits overhead in the second part of the string. You can apply pressure with this to hit crouching opponents that refuse to guard high. It also puts Batman away from opponents if you wish to zone. In fact, I often cancel this string into batarangs. Another overhead option is to MB F3 on knocked down opponents. This way you can absorb a hit from a wake-up attack and get a full combo from pressure.

Now, to make your approaches safe you MUST learn to use his trait properly. The trait gives you the ability to lock the opponent down and "get in" safely. You can essentially have one bat up at all times if you manage them correctly. These bats allow you to release them and dash in from pressure to attempt a jump in or one of the other various strings. These bats will also cover the holes in Batman's strings. If you have a bat up and find yourself in a situation that say, 223 is being blocked, you can release the bats before the hole in the string and be entirely safe. In fact, I have sometimes released one bat, dashed in, called another bat and got to the opponent as the first bat was hitting to apply pressure and still have one out to cover holes in strings. Batman's trait is amazing for accomplishing anything he needs to accomplish.

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
My favorite strings to begin damaging combos are 123 and 113.

113, B3, J3, B23 and 123, B2, MB sky grapple, B3, J3, B23 are amazing combos coming from these strings. These strings also begin with Batman's light attack (one of the fastest attacks in the game.) So punishes turn into full combo if you use these strings. I know they can be ducked on the first hit, but most people don't react fast enough to poke you out of them. Both of these strings also end in either a low or overhead attack which can cause some confusion.

Other strings I use are B113, B112 and 223. 223 is excellent if you can land a J2 as you can go in to one of Batman's easiest combos ( J2, 223, b3, J3, B23.) It can be poked out of, but if you hit confirm the J2 you can avoid this.

B113 is a good low starter that I like to throw out when putting pressure after a knockdown. This works well if you have been using Batman's overhead option (I'll list in shortly.) You can go in to: B113, 123, B2, MB sky grapple, B3, J3, sparks for good damage out of B113. B112 is a good compliment to B113 as it is safe and hits overhead.

Now, you can also use B23 as it is an amazing string. It covers a good portion of the air space in front of Batman making it a decent anti air. It also hits overhead in the second part of the string. You can apply pressure with this to hit crouching opponents that refuse to guard high. It also puts Batman away from opponents if you wish to zone. In fact, I often cancel this string into batarangs. Another overhead option is to MB F3 on knocked down opponents. This way you can absorb a hit from a wake-up attack and get a full combo from pressure.

Now, to make your approaches safe you MUST learn to use his trait properly. The trait gives you the ability to lock the opponent down and "get in" safely. You can essentially have one bat up at all times if you manage them correctly. These bats allow you to release them and dash in from pressure to attempt a jump in or one of the other various strings. These bats will also cover the holes in Batman's strings. If you have a bat up and find yourself in a situation that say, 223 is being blocked, you can release the bats before the hole in the string and be entirely safe. In fact, I have sometimes released one bat, dashed in, called another bat and got to the opponent as the first bat was hitting to apply pressure and still have one out to cover holes in strings. Batman's trait is amazing for accomplishing anything he needs to accomplish.

Thanks, this was very detailed an explained properly. I don't think you guys realize how helpful these posts can be to us newer players.

Rude

It should be noted that the first hit of B1 is nuetral on block. A wise player would use that, and completing the full string for a mix-up.

Eee-KO

Noob
I'm fairly new to these forums but I was wondering if anyone can help me with a couple of problem match-ups that I'm having online.
So far I seem to be having the most trouble if I run into a Green Lantern, Catwoman, Flash or Cyborg that knows what they're doing.
My issues with the Catwoman/Flash match-up, is really just trying to get them off of my back. Catwoman's MB Dash seems to just punish me so easily and I can never really predict when it's going to come out.
I have a similar issue with Green Lantern's db1 , and while I'm comfortable countering most zoners with the trait, Cyborg seems to be the most difficult to get in on.
So what'dya think, can you pros help me out?