What's new

"I'm In A Nightmare" -- Batman General Discussion Thread

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
That's some good news. 12 is one of my favourite strings, if you can combine with batarang it will be a really good string now.

And if up batarang connects (I think it will), oh boy...that would be wonderful.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
That's some good news. 12 is one of my favourite strings, if you can combine with batarang it will be a really good string now.

And if up batarang connects (I think it will), oh boy...that would be wonderful.

Yea its possible it will but its possible it won't. 112 up batarang doesn't combo but yet b11 upbatarang does. Its madness.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I won't be able to play for a few more hours tonight. So are we all extra happy about Batman now with today's update? What's the early verdict?

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
J2 is, as far as I've seen, as good as always.

Problem is: some d2 are truly effective against it now. Don't try to jump at Ares.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
J2 is, as far as I've seen, as good as always.

Problem is: some d2 are truly effective against it now. Don't try to jump at Ares.
I found that out the hard way against Ares last night. I guess from here on out I'll have to use J2 selectively against the rest of the cast.

Are other Bats mains mixing it up more with B112, B113, 113, 123, and wheel kick post patch?

NB Semi Evil Ryu

I found that out the hard way against Ares last night. I guess from here on out I'll have to use J2 selectively against the rest of the cast.

Are other Bats mains mixing it up more with B112, B113, 113, 123, and wheel kick post patch?
Right now, I'm using 12 MB batarangs, F3 to try and see if I can open them up. I'm still working on what to do after F3, in the event that they block it.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Right now, I'm using 12 MB batarangs, F3 to try and see if I can open them up. I'm still working on what to do after F3, in the event that they block it.
Thanks for the info Ryu. We're all constantly updating our strategies with all of these patches. I may have to incorporate more 12 MB batarangs into my strategy. If given the opportunity could you follow up a blocked F3 with B112, B112, Trait bats release, or perhaps a slide if you could get the inputs out fast enough.

Did they make any changes to Bats D1?

NB Semi Evil Ryu

If given the opportunity could you follow up a blocked F3 with B112, B112, Trait bats release, or perhaps a slide if you could get the inputs out fast enough.

Did they make any changes to Bats D1?
The B112 or B113 follow-up was the first thing that I tried. The problem is that the F3 pushes them too far back on-block for the B1 to even connect right away. You have to burn some of the frame advantage of the F3 with just walking closer to get into range for the B1. That makes the timing extra tricky.

I'm pretty sure that D1 is unchanged.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
The B112 or B113 follow-up was the first thing that I tried. The problem is that the F3 pushes them too far back on-block for the B1 to even connect right away. You have to burn some of the frame advantage of the F3 with just walking closer to get into range for the B1. That makes the timing extra tricky.

I'm pretty sure that D1 is unchanged.
Understood. I'm away from the game until this evening. I'll have to experiment later today.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Understood. I'm away from the game until this evening. I'll have to experiment later today.
Yeah, and I didn't mess with it too much last night, so I could probably stand to do some more digging myself. The string that I mentioned above will benefit greatly if you do it while having bats out. Especially if you need to follow up after they've blocked your F3.

LBSH, bats make the world go 'round. lol

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments

After a blocked f3 mid screen your option is b23. After a blocked f3 in the corner you can actually jail the opponent with a 123 string, they can't duck the 1.

Batmans j2 was not nerfed its just now d2s are actually effective so the Super Batman Bros playstyle is no longer effective for those who played like that. Batmans d2 is now beastly though, I love it. Been destroying jumpers lately.

b112 is negative and can never be looped without bats unless you want to be full combo punished.

Durango

Enhancer
So is it just me, or does Batman have limited wakeup options? Aside from his Slide, I can't see anything else that's viable, and Slide doesn't even give him full invincibility frames.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
So is it just me, or does Batman have limited wakeup options? Aside from his Slide, I can't see anything else that's viable, and Slide doesn't even give him full invincibility frames.
You're right. Bats only viable wakeup option is the slide. It's best to use it in moderation.

babalook

Noob
so after a b114 in the corner if you do f3 and they were ducking and waiting to react to the f3, it will then cross up. So I think he has a legit 50/50 in the corner.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I used to exclusively use bats midcombo...but I've kinda stuck to using bats to get in. On block, it gives you perfect cross-up because they either block bats and get crossed...or get hit with bats and get crossed anyways. I feel the bats are more effective as a counter-zoning/zoning tech used to do as I said or get free MB Batarang if you need more seperation (IE - if Green Lantern gets too close). I may also use bats if I'm throwing Batarangs and they jump and I don't want to burn meter, you release bats and stops them dead in their tracks. I love Batman and his bats :)

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I used to exclusively use bats midcombo...but I've kinda stuck to using bats to get in. On block, it gives you perfect cross-up because they either block bats and get crossed...or get hit with bats and get crossed anyways. I feel the bats are more effective as a counter-zoning/zoning tech used to do as I said or get free MB Batarang if you need more seperation (IE - if Green Lantern gets too close). I may also use bats if I'm throwing Batarangs and they jump and I don't want to burn meter, you release bats and stops them dead in their tracks. I love Batman and his bats :)
A good rule of thumb is to cycle the bats, i.e. have one bat up at all time and use it while another is recharging. This is a great way to keep pressure and get in constantly. Using the bats mid combo give you some extra damage, but the ability to use them to get in and cover his zoning with cycling one bat is a better option.

A good thing about cycling the bats is that you can cover some holes in Batman's strings. A lot of the time I'll call one bat up and let another recharge and have it in stock. That way you can release the first, call another, dash in behind the first bat and throw a string out. This way if you use 223 for example, you can release the second bat before the hole in the string to prevent being poked out of it.

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
Does anyone know if its a glitch where you have your opponent in the corner and you release bats and try to do a jump 2 there's like an invisible wall that makes you not even be able to reach your opponent because they are blocking or getting hit by the bats? It has happened to me offline, online, and in practice mode.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
SOLEdier
lol yeah I experienced that today, like if your release bats and the last bat hits the same time as straight grapple, you fall on the ground lmao idk what it is

Durango

Enhancer
What are Batman's best approach options? Jumping in and dashing in only get you so far. And if you're out of Bats (trait), how do you cover yourself?

Also, does Batman have any reliable wakeup options besides Slide?

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
What are Batman's best approach options? Jumping in and dashing in only get you so far. And if you're out of Bats (trait), how do you cover yourself?

Also, does Batman have any reliable wakeup options besides Slide?
Not really. You're better off dashing or blocking.