What's new

"I'm In A Nightmare" -- Batman General Discussion Thread

babalook

Noob
It would be B1 , 1 , 2 > dash > Nj2 . Good to know!

yes if you delay the jump by like a frame after the dash the Nj2 crosses up, you can also Nj early then do a late glide 2 to cross up, and his B112 KND also allows F3 cross up mixups. All of this only applies to the corner.

Batman is fair.

Edit: What do you guys think is Batman's best stage? I've been messing with Striker's island, and in 3 out of the four corners he can get the interactable reset off MB DF1, crossup j2, b11, bomb interactable into wallbounce, etc. On hit the bomb explodes right as the combo finish, and on block, you could do B11, RB, then interactable. Also, if you're player 2 and you start in the yard section, you have access to the 3 barrels right behind you, meaning you could have them in block stun with RB and get a guaranteed Barrel plus more if the screen allows it. Also in the Cell section, you could do the same with the robot that's midscreen, which also serves as a great bailout option.

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Batman is fair.

Edit: What do you guys think is Batman's best stage? I've been messing with Striker's island, and in 3 out of the four corners he can get the interactable reset off MB DF1, crossup j2, b11, bomb interactable into wallbounce, etc. On hit the bomb explodes right as the combo finish, and on block, you could do B11, RB, then interactable. Also, if you're player 2 and you start in the yard section, you have access to the 3 barrels right behind you, meaning you could have them in block stun with RB and get a guaranteed Barrel plus more if the screen allows it. Also in the Cell section, you could do the same with the robot that's midscreen, which also serves as a great bailout option.
I like Asylum (Mess Hall), Batcave (Both), Gotham City ( Rooftop), Wayne Manor (Both), Atlantis, Striker's Island (Cell Block), Insurgency (Luthor's Lab). Most of these stages have interactables which Batman can throw, jump off of and blow up, or bounce characters off of.

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
So they say our character(Batman) is the best in the game. Do we agree?
I was actually gonna ask the same thing lol I don't think he's the best character in the game period. He's a jack of all trades but isn't an expert in anything. If played at his smartest though, I think he can beat basically any character in the game. Problem is, if the other character plays just as smart then he will lose certain matchups. I think he loses to Killer Frost, Doomsday, Aquaman, Nightwing, GL, possibly Sinestro but only with his trait out. Black Adam can be a tough match and so can Superman, but thanks to Batman's double jump he can avoid their lame games pretty well.

TimTim

Don't Hate
Anyone have frame advantage from a string canceled to bats. I'm doing b11 t b113 as a frame trap and if I confirm the second b11 I cancel to bats and continue. I could do this with other strings though.

Batmans trait def takes longer to refill and I thought it used to charge during transitions and clashes and now it doesn't. What do u guys think.

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
Batmans trait def takes longer to refill and I thought it used to charge during transitions and clashes and now it doesn't. What do u guys think.
According to the patch notes it doesn't look like Batman has been touched.

Has Slide always been punishable on hit? Oh well it's not like any Batman players use it.
Slide has always been punishable on block. I think his slide should be buffed on wakeup, but I still use it from time to time and think its good to use in your arsenal to mix things up a bit.

According to the patch notes it doesn't look like Batman has been touched.

Slide has always been punishable on block. I think his slide should be buffed on wakeup, but I still use it from time to time and think its good to use in your arsenal to mix things up a bit.
I said punishable on hit. Deathstroke can wakeup Sword Flip for example.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
I said punishable on hit. Deathstroke can wakeup Sword Flip for example.

It depends at what point of the slide's travel distance you hit. If you hit early, you can block the wakeup attack (at least the Sword Flip, haven't tested it against other wakeups like Doom's shoulder charge)

In any case, that why I only use the MB slide.

Squizz

Corps Speedster
Gotta be honest here guys, I dont have nearly the same amount of stress trying to land a b3 with anyone else off combo. I respect Batman players. You guys have to constantly be on that cross-up game and landing half of those b3's seem impossible to me.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Hum...somedays I think Aqua's co-co-co-combo breaker! trait is better.
They pretty much go hand in hand as #1 and #2 but Aquamans trait isn't good vs people with instant launching specials where as batmans has so much more versatility so I give it the slight edge.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Is Batman's d.4 worth using at all? Feels like a crappy anti-air but a decent get off me.

Knock someone down in corner, d4 on their body as they get up and it's basically instant knockup for another combo unless they patched it...which they shouldn't...Bman has no wake-up...at least let us stop others...

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
They pretty much go hand in hand as #1 and #2 but Aquamans trait isn't good vs people with instant launching specials where as batmans has so much more versatility so I give it the slight edge.
Black Adam's trait feels like it should be up there.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Black Adam's trait feels like it should be up there.

Agreed, it's kinda looked over in the Bat community cuz our trait can negate his completely but going against anyone else, it helps him get 50%+combos cuz the opponite's character doesn't react to the damage...it can do an extra 12% on throws and it refills quick AF