What's new

"I'm In A Nightmare" -- Batman General Discussion Thread

TimTim

Don't Hate
Batman post knockdown setups.
Off of lets say d.3 b.23 grapple and up grapple.
Off of b.23 I do cb dash dash j (immediately call bats) j.2. Confuses everyone.
I've seen nightmare sf do a couple of others but I couldn't keep up.
With how easy it is to pressure in this game and how easy it is to escape pressure we need oki setups.
So either someone should make a new thread or we should compile a list somewhere where everyone can see them.

Something ive found kinda funny. Anyone realize just how cheap the AI in this game is on the hardest difficulty? LOL its one of the worst ive seen in fighters so far. The closest one to it was tekken tag 2. Latley to learn punishable strings of dif chars ive been fighting them all in training while using batman and setting the AI to very hard. I gotta say its like impossible to land a hit sometimes unless you bait the cheap button readers into throwing out something unsafe LMAO.

Hey have you guys noticed something different about the bat summoning post patch? Idk if maybe my save file is glitched again (Long story, but basically the first week i got the game, it froze during one of the autosave moments, and i encountered a texture glitch cause of it and had to delete my game and save data). Right after I got the patch it froze the first startup when the warner brothers logo was up. For some reason after a knockdown it seems like sometimes pressing circle will not summon the bats, even though i already have bats instock. I have to move a step foward before it lets me pull out the bats. Kinda weird. Seems like it only happens after a hard knockdown.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
as a cage main from mortal kombat cage could do f33 enhanced forceballs that gave him plus frames so he could keep his opponent in frame traps. batman has something similar with 112 enhanced batarangs that gives him a free jump in. its pretty cheap and i use it pretty often
This is totally gimmicky but if I read they will try to poke I will sometimes 11~air batarangs MB which explodes and launches them into a b3 combo....not sure how viable that actually is. Maybe should just stick to 112~mb rangs for safer pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

^ Would b11 MB rangs also work? Ive never actually thought of that 11 ex air rangs yet, but that sounds really good. Sounds very viable on blowing someone up if you think they will counter poke xD. Way better then canceling into slide. Ive gotta utilize the rangs more often, i forgot how much adv the MB version gives.

xQUANTUMx

^ Would b11 MB rangs also work? Ive never actually thought of that 11 ex air rangs yet, but that sounds really good. Sounds very viable on blowing someone up if you think they will counter poke xD. Way better then canceling into slide. Ive gotta utilize the rangs more often, i forgot how much adv the MB version gives.
Might actually be better in certain cases bc ppl usually block low now against batman so that they can crouch jab- the Mb air 'rangs would count as an overhead

xQUANTUMx

Hey have you guys noticed something different about the bat summoning post patch? Idk if maybe my save file is glitched again (Long story, but basically the first week i got the game, it froze during one of the autosave moments, and i encountered a texture glitch cause of it and had to delete my game and save data). Right after I got the patch it froze the first startup when the warner brothers logo was up. For some reason after a knockdown it seems like sometimes pressing circle will not summon the bats, even though i already have bats instock. I have to move a step foward before it lets me pull out the bats. Kinda weird. Seems like it only happens after a hard knockdown.
Could just be the animation from sky grapple. You can trait cancel into dash, which is much quicker

I mean like can you be counter poked out of b11 if you cancel into the ex batarang? I tested it on the cpu with 112xx ex batarang and the wont try and reversal attack you until after the ex rang. If you do it in the b11 string they will instantly try to reversal attack you after the b11. Someone with a really quick down poke if they read your string right, Could they poke you before the batarangs came out? Or would they eat the rangs first?

Ill have to test that later with a friend using a character with longer reach. I wish there was an actual option to set the cpu to reverse with like crouch jab or something. I know they cant poke you out of the 112 mb rangs unless they get the low jab before the 1. You also cant cancel after the 3 in b113 or the 2 for that matter. I tried setting aqua to trident rush as his reversal, as its a 9 frame move, and the rangs will hit aqua before he can get a poke on you.

TimTim

Don't Hate
I think I'm going to drop Batman. He's just too good and I'm getting used to free pressure too much. I'm consistently going on 20 win streaks and then on 10 or so lose streaks when I switch to Nightwing or Green Arrow.
Do you guys feel like you are getting away with his ease of use pretty often because I can't win without him now. Wish me luck because I'm going to try and stop playing him for some time. I'll pray for my ranked and player match records.

blues686

Black lantern
Yea sups and black atom are some of the harder match ups for bats imo in competent player hands. They can play lame all day and make it hard for batman to go in and apply pressure

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Anyone else think his Bats are completely overrated in the "pressure" department. +15 on block for all three isn't true at all, it might be at best +1?

IE if you get to your opponent at the same time the last bat arrives and you attempt to do any combo string, you will be d1 before you can even get started. If you do either 113 or 223 you will be poked or armored out. If you try to b1 pressure, unless you have some meter for ex batarangs, again you will be poked out (because doing b1, then b11 doesn't actually work. Say the first b1 hits, if you try to do b11 as a follow up, if your opponent is ducking the second hit won't connect and AGAIN, poked out.) Your only real option is mb f3 but even then if you're too close you'll completely go over the opponent and get full comboed.

Its infuriating. @CURBOLICOUS any pointers dude?

ArkBat

Noob
Ya I've had similar experiences with not having the robo-bats truly set up the pressure everyone hypes them up to be. What I try to do to mitigate this is walk in with the bats and delay the release of them so I could be at a more comfortable distance to follow-up. However, I have found that this tactic usually can be avoided with tech roll.

On an unrelated note I was wondering if any players would be willing to share their psn with me to run bat mirrors?
My PSN: PokeyMinch

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Anyone else think his Bats are completely overrated in the "pressure" department. +15 on block for all three isn't true at all, it might be at best +1?

IE if you get to your opponent at the same time the last bat arrives and you attempt to do any combo string, you will be d1 before you can even get started. If you do either 113 or 223 you will be poked or armored out. If you try to b1 pressure, unless you have some meter for ex batarangs, again you will be poked out (because doing b1, then b11 doesn't actually work. Say the first b1 hits, if you try to do b11 as a follow up, if your opponent is ducking the second hit won't connect and AGAIN, poked out.) Your only real option is mb f3 but even then if you're too close you'll completely go over the opponent and get full comboed.

Its infuriating. @CURBOLICOUS any pointers dude?
Didn't Anyone Tell You? Our character is Top 5 and Bats Trait is broken. Needs nerf nao.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
How do you guys apply pressure from full screen? I love Batman as a rushdown type of character, but I've been playing a lot of people that keep me at full screen. I always call in at least one bat and release it. Now, I immediately rush in with the bat or bats. If they block high, I'll go low. And if they're blocking low I'll go with a jump in.

My problem comes without the bats. I can't seem to get anything unless I jump in. His normal attacks don't seem to get many hits without a jump in. Am I missing something in regards to pressure without bats?

Is there a post or thread containing Batmans cross up game at all?

Im watching some Batman footage and keep seeing all this MB Batarang jump in pressure off various strings but not so much standing 2 and b2 and was wondering why? Standing 2 and b2 into MB Batarang allow your jump in pressure to become ambiguous meaning they have to guess which direction they have to block when you jump in.

Also, what about ending combos with d3? f3 can cross up with the correct timing. So you get a 32% combo instead of 39% and get an ambiguous f3 cross up.

EDIT: So something silly I just did, after f3 you can do b2, sweep to continuously put them in a mini vortex for 20% f3, b2, sweep. Ok so this is harder than I thought it was, lol, I just randomly did it in practice and decided to post it, you can still do f3, sweep and still get 16% though. Im sure there are other setups.

kikeuy

Noob
Speaking of vortex, I´ve been working on this(you can turn eng subs on):

There I´m using a high hiting elbow drop on the corner. It need to hit as high as possible . You´ll notice you did it right if Batman lands on the middle of the knocked opponent , if you didn´t hit high enough , Batman will land in front of the opponent.
Then as you choose the moment to neutral jump, you will land at left or at right.
If you land at left, you can easily combo into a mb grapple, and start again with the loop.
If you land at right , well, best I´ve come up with is combo into an air grapple , then f3 , then choose when to neutral jump. A perfectly timed elbow drop after a mb air grapple works, but it can be rolled since hitting elbow drop on air don´t give us a hard knockdown. Weird...
I hope someone polish the landing at right part and share , this vortex can lead to a huge dmg.

Im just now picking up Batman but that looks sweet man. Have you tried back stepping against or doing a max height Diving Elbow against Catwoman? It allows the Diving Elbow to combo for the setup I think. Also, by delaying the forward Double Jump very slightly you can perform a string and it will auto correct for you. One last thing, as Im practicing against Catwoman here if I do MB Straight Grapple, Diving Elbow 223 or 123 at a certain time the first hit will wiff and catwoman will wake up with her back to you. This is curious, does that mean her inputs will be backwards?

kikeuy

Noob
Black Adams and Green Lantern seems to have some weird wakeup/hitbox/whatever. You still can make the neutral jump after the elbow drop, but the timing seems to be diferent. Especially against Black Adams, I walk back a little after the mb grapple. I haven´t got any problems doing it against Catwoman, execpt of course the setup combo (j2 > b2, 3 > mb grapple) that didn´t work on her , Raven , Hawk Girl nor Killer Frost.

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
Do you think people will stop starting matches by immediately jumping in (when playing someone for the first time or if they go for an intractable)? I 've been getting almost everyone with Sky grapple by just holding backdown then as the match starts and I see them jump, I simply just input :d:qtl 1(holding backdown is probably not even necessary, I just do it that way). Just a faster way to input it on reaction.

Question is, is getting the bats out a good way to start a match off, having them ready once you're either on the offensive or defensive? I'd like to know the cons of doing so. How do you start a match off with Batman?

Also, how do I end a string with Sky grapple after 2 without throwing sky batarang? I keep getting sky batarang no matter how much I try not to double tap buttons, the negative edge seems to just fuck me over. Any ideas?